New raid, new currency, new shop?

Replies

• Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!

Lower level players can tackle the put well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

Old content should be made easier as we progress, not removed from game.

I think the point is not removing it completely as it still serves its purpose for newer players, but removing the need to do it later on. Having just one type of raid tickets and including the Rancor rewards in the AAT (and both Rancor and AAT rewards in the Sith raid) would achieve exactly that.

Thank you for interpreting the overall point I was making! There'd be no point to wanting to take those rewards away for lower level players as that 100% wasn't what I was implying, but similarly there's completely no point for any veteran account to need to auto the Rancor.
  • llSOLOll wrote: »
    I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!

Isnt the pit the best place for advanced players to bring on a new generation of players? I recall a guy that once did that for me.

:)

I think my intent on saying "sunset" wasn't clear - I meant more how GW was "sunset" recently with being simmable and like how daily challenges were "sunset" long ago with sims as well. It's still there, the rewards are present, but I don't have to be bothered with it. GW is a good example of something that goes away - which is my intent really - as an account ages.

You also have to think - we are only in early 2018. This game is planned for more content further out. It's not like it's going to stop with new content on this Sith Raid. They need to continue to have a plan in place that pushes old content to the side for tenured players as new content is introduced or we just won't have the time and capacity to play the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Lower level players can tackle the pit well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

I disagree and so do the devs - simmable GW shows that. Simmable challenges, etc. That essentially removes it from the game. I get the rewards part though - rather than fold it in the other raids, just make it an automatic payout of set rewards you get throughout the week as you build up raid tickets. The action of me needing to be active in the Rancor at a set time and hit auto has zero value to my enjoyment and is a pure time waster.

I would disagree with that, simming it makes it easier and doesn't remove it from the game. Removing from the game, removes it from the game.

I'm not a big fan of automating the rewards, because then you don't even have to show up. It would be nice to find a happy medium.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Lower level players can tackle the pit well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

I disagree and so do the devs - simmable GW shows that. Simmable challenges, etc. That essentially removes it from the game. I get the rewards part though - rather than fold it in the other raids, just make it an automatic payout of set rewards you get throughout the week as you build up raid tickets. The action of me needing to be active in the Rancor at a set time and hit auto has zero value to my enjoyment and is a pure time waster.

I would disagree with that, simming it makes it easier and doesn't remove it from the game. Removing from the game, removes it from the game.

I'm not a big fan of automating the rewards, because then you don't even have to show up. It would be nice to find a happy medium.
    Sim up to tier 7
    Create tier 8 - no tm manipulation reward - The Falcon
  • llSOLOll
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    GW is definitely a necessary evil for new players. I believe someone once told me GW is the lifeblood of your game until you reach level 85 when the game really slows down. I'm just over a year into this game and 2.1 million GP. I am going to love to sim GW and take the rewards with minimal effort, we can take the alternative when GW was a pain in the A for some to finish (it actually helped me to learn how to defeat certain teams). As far as raids are concerned, just take a 0. RNG dictates the rewards anyways.
  • Same currency so i can buy gear from the guild shop more often.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Are you suggesting that after a pre-determined amount of successful H-Pit runs, say 100 for the sake of example, a Guild should then be enabled to Sim the Raid?
    If so, I think that's an excellent idea! Every participant pays a sim ticket and job's a good 'un.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Are you suggesting that after a pre-determined amount of successful H-Pit runs, say 100 for the sake of example, a Guild should then be enabled to Sim the Raid?
    If so, I think that's an excellent idea! Every participant pays a sim ticket and job's a good 'un.

Yeah that'd be a viable way and I like it - there's a lot of potential options, but essentially the goal is twofold:

1. Still get the rewards
    2. Not be bothered with the trivial effort to auto the Rancor for the millionth time

I just see the Rancor as another clock / check in timer that you have to account for and with TW, TBs, HAAT, Sith Raid, Ship arena payout time, Character arena payout time, store resets...this game's scheduling aspect is getting kinda ridiculous.
  • FearMeFool12345
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My guild currently is using R347 system for Rancor raid. Its better than simming.
    3 players doing max dmg for first 3 ranks, 47 keep 0 dmg from registration. We have schedule posted on discord. Nice and easy.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha

Yeah that'd be a viable way and I like it - there's a lot of potential options, but essentially the goal is twofold:

1. Still get the rewards
    2. Not be bothered with the trivial effort to auto the Rancor for the millionth time

I just see the Rancor as another clock / check in timer that you have to account for and with TW, TBs, HAAT, Sith Raid, Ship arena payout time, Character arena payout time, store resets...this game's scheduling aspect is getting kinda ridiculous.

I think if you gave the option of put in a Sim ticket or do damage and then a tb/tw reward shared equally would be good. Like maybe 50% of the guild needs to put Sim tickets in to Sim it. Letting people donate tickets to hit the Sim threshold or do damage (if they are new and haven't built up the ticket surplus yet) seems like the happiest solution
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha

This - Prove you can do 50 solo clears (or whatever the number) and then you can just drop a sim and it'll log max damage. Your roster and ability to solo is only going to improve with time, not get worse.

It's silly to have to log on at a specific time, grab the team, and then sit your phone down burning battery while it auto's through 4 phases. I see the devs are going in the right direction here with recent changes, very excited about simming GW, hopefully HPit is next!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Thank you!

So becouse you are OP and done it all, you want new players to miss out. Thats very selfish and self centered.

Rancor raid must stay so new players can play it and get the rewards as we all have. How else will they get raid Han. it would be unfair to put raid Han in a store when everyone else has had to grind it out of a raid.

plus. some of us vets still enjoy the raid and the spoils that come from it.
  • Gentleman you must remember that not everyone is an elite Guild and that there are people still just starting this game. so yes, the rancor is still relevant and will always be relevant and will never go away for that reason alone post zero and move on.
  • There are literally thousands if not hundreds of thousands of guilds still trying to get to the HAAT and still trying to earn raid Han some of the suggestions made here are relevant and others are just being greedy always try to think of ways to help everyone
  • maybe try using some punctuation.......even if its only every now and then?
  • Retire the pit raid, make Raid Han a hard node and place the new raid in it's slot. Simple solution to not overwhelming us with too many raids to manage. Even young small guilds should be able to master HAAT now. Zeta an Asajj or two and one zFin resistance in the entire guild and it's done. The pit raid really serves no purpose other than Raid Han shards for new players and they can easily be moved elsewhere.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Retire the pit raid, make Raid Han a hard node and place the new raid in it's slot. Simple solution to not overwhelming us with too many raids to manage. Even young small guilds should be able to master HAAT now. Zeta an Asajj or two and one zFin resistance in the entire guild and it's done. The pit raid really serves no purpose other than Raid Han shards for new players and they can easily be moved elsewhere.

The Pit still has its place. Besides, we had some fun making a "race" to see who clears it first when our guild met in a pub. What we need is making it not necessary once we get past it.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @TheFoxReDux
    So, you're saying that 2 Raids is fine, but 3 is "too many to manage"? Really?
    Your comment seems to be based on rather a lot of unfounded assumption.

Ultimately, if you're no longer bothered about the Raid or it's rewards, then simply don't run it.
    But don't come asking for its removal, as I think that removing the Pit would punish new(er) players unnecessarily.
    Experienced players need to remember how it was "before" the Raid became a chore for them.
    The Pit was great when you were first able to take Heroic, really marked your progress in the game that you were now able to take it on & defeat it.
    Just because you're now bored of it, doesn't mean that everyone or anyone else is. It certainly doesn't mean that newer players are not still getting the same enjoyment out of it that long time experienced players & Guilds also got when they were new to facing it.

Do agree that adding some functionality to remove the chore element would be good, but it's not essential & there are far more important things that need addressing, like NS being massively buggy & dead toons on their team reappearing when fighting them, despite removing their 2 character who have that ability.
    There are plenty of actual issues that require fixing, without worrying about something that amounts to nothing more than a time saver.
    Even that is debateable, does it really take that much more time to post a 0 score, than it would do to run a Sim ticket? I mean, what are we actually talking about there, 50 seconds rather than 10?
    Yeah, saving 40 seconds at the expense of game improvements or bug fixes seems entirely worthwhile?

I am in favour of the Sim idea, overall, but it seems far more like a laziness/can't be bothered enabler, than an actual time saver, to be honest.
    Now, fine, if that's something wanted by the majority then maybe take a look at it.
    Otherwise, please don't waste development time on it when there are far more important things to be dealing with.
  • numbers of tiers matter not. pit has more tirrs but it's less dynamic. It all comes down to just the heroic tier for most people

Yeah in the end, but when it launches it shouldn`t just cater to those who instantly can beat heroic. I thought it was really fun to work through the tiers on rancor, slowly improving

I disagree with you on this one. AAT and the new raid should be left for those who are 80-85+ as this is the current end game content. Hence the rewards are tailored for high end players. Rancor is lower cause it is an introductory raid for people to get used to raiding. So for the Sith raid I think a normal and heroic (like AAT) would suffice.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    @TheFoxReDux

So, you're saying that 2 Raids is fine, but 3 is "too many to manage"? Really?

I think that removing the Pit would punish new players unnecessarily.
    Experienced players need to remember how it was "before" the Raid became a chore for them.

Do agree that adding some functionality to remove the chore element would be good, but it's not essential & there are far more important things that need addressing, like NS being massively buggy & dead toons on their team reappearing when fighting them, despite removing their 2 character who have that ability.
    There are plenty of actual issues that require fixing, without worrying about something that amounts to nothing more than a time saver.
    Even that is debateable, does it really take that much more time to post a 0 score, than it would do to run a Sim ticket?

Seems far more like a laziness/can't be bothered enabler, than an actual time saver, to be honest.

It may seem like no big deal for regular members, but it takes some organisation and scheduling from leaders and officers, so yes, it would be really welcome. Just pressing a button whenever there is enough tickets, or having the revards included in AAT/Sith would mean one less thing to keep track of.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Nauros
    I don't disagree that being able to Sim the Raid would be useful to most established Guilds.
    I am an Officer in a Guild that has long been able to deal with H-Pit, so know that juggling it and H-AAT can be a bit of work.
    I am in support of the idea.

The only 2 things I'm disputing are a) the proposed removal of the Rancor & b) the priority of the Sim ticket option being introduced.
    a) Removing the Rancor would, indisputably, remove a major milestone/achievement from the game for new players & b) It's just not that important, in the grand scheme of things that actually need doing in this game, rather than just would like them to be done, for the sake of ease of use.
  • Sev74907 wrote: »
    numbers of tiers matter not. pit has more tirrs but it's less dynamic. It all comes down to just the heroic tier for most people

Yeah in the end, but when it launches it shouldn`t just cater to those who instantly can beat heroic. I thought it was really fun to work through the tiers on rancor, slowly improving

I disagree with you on this one. AAT and the new raid should be left for those who are 80-85+ as this is the current end game content. Hence the rewards are tailored for high end players. Rancor is lower cause it is an introductory raid for people to get used to raiding. So for the Sith raid I think a normal and heroic (like AAT) would suffice.

I couldn't disagree more, and I think the difficulty fiasco from AAT release proves that two tiers is simply not enough if the goal is for the new raid to have some longevity while also being a step up in difficulty (which it most certainly is).

When AAT launched the disparity between T7 Rancor and normal AAT was massive. There were guilds completing Rancor taking literal weeks to do one normal tank run, and the community rightfully complained. When CG adjusted difficulty they kept heroic AAT where it was (which was good) and instead of adding another difficulty as entry level for AAT they simply nerfed normal.
    So in the end we went from
    T7Rancor >>>>>>>>normal AAT>>>hAAT
    to
    T7Rancor>>>>>normal AAT >>>>>>hAAT
    when what would have really been preferable is
    T7Rancor>>>easy AAT>>>nAAT>>>hAAT

For the content to be both challenging and relevant for a reasonable amount of time two difficulties is not enough. I hope they learned that lesson.
  • Yes, No aaaaand... NO, I don't know why did you came with that conclussion
  • Here's my idea.. they should adjust the token "tickets" to be one bucket. Right now there are separate buckets for each raid.. where once you hit 60k you can do a Rancor.. and there is a separate bucket for AAt. I'm saying they should combine all the buckets/counters... so a guild can CHOOSE which Raid they want to do

This would be great for higher end guilds that wont need to bother wasting 60k on rancor.. and can choose to put that 60k towards doing another Haat faster... or inevitably participate in a Sith Raid faster.
  • Drakkon wrote: »
    Here's my idea.. they should adjust the token "tickets" to be one bucket. Right now there are separate buckets for each raid.. where once you hit 60k you can do a Rancor.. and there is a separate bucket for AAt. I'm saying they should combine all the buckets/counters... so a guild can CHOOSE which Raid they want to do

This would be great for higher end guilds that wont need to bother wasting 60k on rancor.. and can choose to put that 60k towards doing another Haat faster... or inevitably participate in a Sith Raid faster.

I'm so against this. There is still a strong demand for rancor gear with the majority of people. Is still what holds people back. You'd basically be cutting the amount of gear people can get in half.
    Here's my idea.. they should adjust the token "tickets" to be one bucket. Right now there are separate buckets for each raid.. where once you hit 60k you can do a Rancor.. and there is a separate bucket for AAt. I'm saying they should combine all the buckets/counters... so a guild can CHOOSE which Raid they want to do

I'm so against this. There is still a strong demand for rancor gear with the majority of people. Is still what holds people back. You'd basically be cutting the amount of gear people can get in half.
    Drakkon wrote: »

.. No.. i'm leaving it up t the guild to CHOOSE. i'm allowing choice.

So if you had two of something that you were able to help yourself to before and then you were told you could only have 1 at a time that's not taking away from them? Choices can still mean you can't have something. You can choose not to run the raid as it is but why would You?
  • Why am I getting notifications for this topic?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

facepalm.jpg