Characters in the stores

The quality of life update does look good but wish they would swap the characters around in the stores its gotten stale

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The stores serve different purposes at different levels.

Low level, useful toons.
    Mid level, building GP, faction specific teams, and gear from the shard shop
    High level more gear from the shard shop.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Low level, useful toons.
    Mostly trash toons. Please don't confuse newbies in thinking it's any worth developing these toons (with a very few exceptions such as Biggs, Princess Leia and the 3 Fleet Commanders) ;)
    Kyno wrote: »
    There could be a simpler way than

Sim 12 nodes of GW => Buy 3 random toons from GW store => Exchange for 225 shard tokens => Get 5 useful gear salvage.

For instance:

Daily => Get 5 useful gear salvage.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    There could be a simpler way than

Sim 12 nodes of GW => Buy 3 random toons from GW store => Exchange for 225 shard tokens => Get 5 useful gear salvage.

For instance:

Daily => Get 5 useful gear salvage.
    GW is the source of far more than just GW currency, though.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The stores serve different purposes at different levels.

Low level, useful toons.
    Mid level, building GP, faction specific teams, and gear from the shard shop

So theres my answer erm no
  • Or add more to them
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Low level, useful toons.
    Mostly trash toons. Please don't confuse newbies in thinking it's any worth developing these toons (with a very few exceptions such as Biggs, Princess Leia and the 3 Fleet Commanders) ;)

In addition to the toons you listed Cassian is a pretty key toon in r1 teams; AV is an amazing character and will help all NS teams; STH is still a pretty good tank for rebel teams and necessary for CLS; 88 is a bounty hunter, a droid, and scoundrel, three factions that have their place in the game; chopper, BF, Bistan, 5s, scout, Daka, stormtrooper, FOO, and Poe are pretty key from cantina (I got tired of listing a reason why toons are important); ships, k2, zeb, cad, teebo, RP, and to a (far) lesser extent CP are important from GW.

All of those are just the ones that have a designated slot in the stores. I’m not going to go through all the ones that rotate slots, but a good portion of those are important, too.

Just because a toon can’t be used in arena or a raid doesn’t make them trash. A lot of toons have a place in the game. TW and TB come to mind. Not to mention the fact that toons go in and out of meta all the time. Unless I’m confusing you with someone else, you should know all of this. Stop trying to tell new players not to farm these toons that will be important when they get to late game play. Their guilds will thank them when they have a bounty hunter team for DSTB, or a Phoenix team for LSTB, or a cleanup team for TW.