I still can't believe we need g10-g11 for this!

Prev1345
I'm still shocked at the fact that we need gear 10-11 and great mods to complete the IPD mission. Let's not pretend that Imperial Troopers were in anyone's bucket list before that. I mean unless you were an Empire fanboy. Most people don't have them, basically anyone who's played the game for less than a year and a half since rebels were the meta. Then the meta switched to Sith, then Rex-Nihilus, then Rebels again, then Zarriss Kenobi. Even with the nightsister rework most people can't farm Talzin so there is not a big nightsister problem.

As a result, there's never been an incentive to focus on imp troopers, so of course most of us haven't geared them yet. So i guess that explains it.

Replies

• Imp troopers is one of the coolest squads out there and starck is easily one of my favorite new toons. Death trooper is the man. Why are you whining about this?
  • Zeta veers and you can solo p4 with this squad too. Smh
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @B0untryHR7

You don't need the veers zeta I was able to beat it with the following

G9 Veers no zeta Speed 161 (30 from mods)
    G7 stark no zeta 6 star Speed 194 (45 from mods)
    G7 snowtrooper no omegas Speed 102 ( 10 from mods)
    G12 shore trooper no g12 pieces modded for protection total health and protection 125k health and protection Speed 130 (13 from mods)
    G12 deathtrooper no zeta no g12 pieces Speed 127 ( 3 from mods)

As you can see I didn't use God level mods I filled them with sets of what I had lying around and a few of them weren't even leveled up and they are still the same right now if you wanna look at them https://swgoh.gg/u/darthpedro/ . I did almost lose shore trooper in the final wave but managed to finish with everyone alive
  • ReyCharles wrote: »
    Imp troopers is one of the coolest squads out there and starck is easily one of my favorite new toons. Death trooper is the man. Why are you whining about this?
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Zeta veers and you can solo p4 with this squad too. Smh

Because their gear requirements are crazy that's why. Have you seen the amount of holo sensors, syringes, carbantis and bactagels they need? I mean I can solo P4 with squads that don't need a zeta. Maybe I already have a squad that solos p4. Point being that just because they may be good, it doesn't make it right to make them required and forced down our throats
  • Uh huh, so it was ok for them to force Penix team down our throat?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    @B0untryHR7

G12 shore trooper no g12 pieces modded for protection total health and protection 125k health and protection Speed 130 (13 from mods)

As you can see I didn't use God level mods I filled them with sets of what I had lying around and a few of them weren't even leveled up and they are still the same right now if you wanna look at them https://swgoh.gg/u/darthpedro/ . I did almost lose shore trooper in the final wave but managed to finish with everyone alive

Well gear 12 shore and gear 12 death are nuts. I'm nowhere close. My death is at 3 stars and my shore is at 4. Also 125k protection? Do you know how insane that is? Shore also has heal and crit immunity, not likely my stormtrooper can be as effective
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Uh huh, so it was ok for them to force Penix team down our throat?

"Penix" only had to be gear 8 to get Thrawn. Not 10 and 11
  • Get Thrawn? You're talking about TB right? Please show me how your G8 Penix completes LS TB on P6.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Get Thrawn? You're talking about TB right? Please show me how your G8 Penix completes LS TB on P6.

Ohh that's what you are talking about. Well phoenix is no longer in p6, i think it's rogue one. Regardless of what it is, it's still not right, I agree, but that only ADDS to my arguement. It's only an additional squad we have to worry about.
  • Veers is an easy answer to nightsisters.
    Deathtrooper and shore are needed for reaper (best ship)
    Starck is a requirement but also very good even at g8 and easily farmed now.
    All troopers bar shore and death are easy to farm but since the reaper is on that shard, it should be a priority.
    This is no different than making us get Phoenix and no different than making us farm both the hoth rebels and captain Han (all **** toons and harder to farm).
  • 5* requirement does lead to a bit of misunderstanding about what's required to beat it. That would be my only issue.

Aside from that...no different to any other mission/event that requires specific toons at a specific strength.
  • SharkMilkk wrote: »
    Veers is an easy answer to nightsisters.
    All troopers bar shore and death are easy to farm but since the reaper is on that shard, it should be a priority.
    This is no different than making us get Phoenix and no different than making us farm both the hoth rebels and captain Han (all **** toons and harder to farm).

You don't get it either do you? Guilds didn't give you an ultimatum over phoenix or rogue 1. Also han and rebel brothers only had to meet a certain star requirement, not a gear requirement too.

If your guild gives you 2 weeks to get a bunch of characters to gear 10 then come and see me again.

Death is only found in cantina where he competes with veterans. Shore is a 6 month long farm cause he is only in 1 hard node. So there is definitely no comparison there.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    5* requirement does lead to a bit of misunderstanding about what's required to beat it. That would be my only issue.

Aside from that...no different to any other mission/event that requires specific toons at a specific strength.

Gear 10 and 11 is taking it too far dude, no matter how you look at it
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    SharkMilkk wrote: »

You don't get it either do you? Guilds didn't give you an ultimatum over phoenix or rogue 1. Also han and rebel brothers only had to meet a certain star requirement, not a gear requirement too.

If your guild gives you 2 weeks to get a bunch of characters to gear 10 then come and see me again.

Death is only found in cantina where he competes with veterans. Shore is a 6 month long farm cause he is only in 1 hard node. So there is definitely no comparison there.

Maybe your the one that doesn't get it, and quite possibly maybe your the one that needs a better guild. Because now your deflecting by bringing supposed guild requirements into this. Sounds to me like your once again complaining because you can.
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    @B0untryHR7

Well gear 12 shore and gear 12 death are nuts. I'm nowhere close. My death is at 3 stars and my shore is at 4. Also 125k protection? Do you know how insane that is? Shore also has heal and crit immunity, not likely my stormtrooper can be as effective

You can probably do it with lower gear levels and better mods. Those 2 characters are amazing in every area of the game I'd start farming them to at least 5 star for the challenge
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    @B0untryHR7

You can probably do it with lower gear levels and better mods. Those 2 characters are amazing in every area of the game I'd start farming them to at least 5 star for the challenge

I've put off my veterans for too long, not making that mistake again. Also I am farming shore, but with only 1 hard node there really ain't much i can do there buddy
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    5* requirement does lead to a bit of misunderstanding about what's required to beat it. That would be my only issue.

And yet others have done it without g10 and g11. Clearly they're doing something that works.

Maybe your the one that doesn't get it, and quite possibly maybe your the one that needs a better guild. Because now your deflecting by bringing supposed guild requirements into this. Sounds to me like your once again complaining because you can.

Or because the mission should require gear 8-9 and not 10-11

And yet others have done it without g10 and g11. Clearly they're doing something that works.

Lol, show me 1 run that's recorded using gear 8 or 9 buddy. I think you didn't read the part about the g12 shore with 125k protection and g12 deathtrooper

And if it's g8 or 9 with 2 zetas then it's even worse than taking them all to 10-11

Or because the mission should require gear 8-9 and not 10-11

Just because you say so? And I'm pretty sure there are quite a few folks that have beaten it with that gear level, in fact I suspect one or two are even trying to reason with you in this thread.
  • They mentioned something about gear 12 shore and death. And something about 125k protection on shore. How about that
    They mentioned something about gear 12 shore and death. And something about 125k protection on shore. How about that

Mebbe because they wanted to build a good squad? Mebbe they wanted to have a viable squad instead of junk? Don't forget that shore and death in particular have an excellent ship, so it ales a lot of sense to work those two up more in particular
  • Lol 1 person mentioned g12 and 125k. 1 person does not make a "they".

It can be done without g12.
    They mentioned something about gear 12 shore and death. And something about 125k protection on shore. How about that

Mebbe because they wanted to build a good squad? Mebbe they wanted to have a viable squad instead of junk? Don't forget that shore and death in particular have an excellent ship, so it ales a lot of sense to work those two up more in particular

And don't forget that shore is only available through 1 hard node which is an estimated 6 month farm. And 125k protection is actually more than any tank in the game can achieve, even a maxed out general kenobi. Also that doesn't suggest that he took them a step further out of his own choice, it suggest that these 2 alone are carrying the other toons through the battle
  • Or gear 9 with veers zeta
    Lol 1 person mentioned g12 and 125k. 1 person does not make a "they".

It can be done without g12.

Ok, then why don't you share with us the minimum requirements. Cause I suspect you don't know what you are talking about. Feel free to link me a link of gear 8s and 9s doing it without zetas and I'll be forever thankful to you
  • JohnSithT2 wrote: »
    Or gear 9 with veers zeta

Ohh ok, now the pieces come together
  • One of my guildies done it with G9 5* shore and death...Rests G9 and Veers zeta.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    One of my guildies done it with G9 5* shore and death...Rests G9 and Veers zeta.

Bruh, that's the point, it's not worth a zeta. 2 had 0 zetas for tonight. That seems to be more common than even getting 1 zeta these days