I still can't believe we need g10-g11 for this!

Replies

• B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Lol 1 person mentioned g12 and 125k. 1 person does not make a "they".

It can be done without g12.

Ok, then why don't you share with us the minimum requirements. Cause I suspect you don't know what you are talking about. Feel free to link me a link of gear 8s and 9s doing it without zetas and I'll be forever thankful to you

Feel free to use google or youtube to look it up yourself. I'm not your secretary.

Where did i say that g8 and g9 can do it without zetas? Stop being so entitled where you feel like the specofications have to meet your requirements rather than the other way around.

If you took a few minutes to actually do some research you would see there are quite a few guides on doing it and videos on youtube.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    One of my guildies done it with G9 5* shore and death...Rests G9 and Veers zeta.

If a zeta is used then it doesn't count....apparently.
  • I run veers, snow, storm and deathtrooper in my arena team and all of them are at gear 10 except DT who is at gear 9 and i gotta say i think it has been more annoying to gear phoenix. All my phoenix troops are staying at G8 cause their requirments are crazy. I would rather have my imp troopers start from scratch and have to gear them again instead of taking phoenix from G8 to G9.
  • All my troopers are g12 except starck and magma. They can do that mission easily at g9 with a veers Zeta. And if your guild is forcing you to farm like that you need a better guild. DSTB are gonna be a thing for the remainder of the games life, quit your whining.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    They are the resistance of the dark side. I barely lost any protection in phase 6. I had to use Magma instead of Shore, all g11 except Magma. I do have one zeta on Veers, like I have one zeta on Finn.

I also thought the IPD challenge was a bit hard. I tried before I had zVeers with g10/9 troopers and couldn't get it done. zVeers reduced the difficulty factor to zero.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    5* requirement does lead to a bit of misunderstanding about what's required to beat it. That would be my only issue.

Aside from that...no different to any other mission/event that requires specific toons at a specific strength.

Gear 10 and 11 is taking it too far dude, no matter how you look at it

And yet others have done it without g10 and g11. Clearly they're doing something that works.

Lol, show me 1 run that's recorded using gear 8 or 9 buddy. I think you didn't read the part about the g12 shore with 125k protection and g12 deathtrooper

I said 125k health and protection 40k health 85k protectionand also the reason for gear 12 is ship related as I recently made sure to max out my pilots for fleet arena. With half decent mods you might need a couple at gear 10 but it's not nearly as bad as your making it out to be
  • If u play less than 1 year, be patient ur time will come. DS TB content is for players with broad chars hmm
  • Actually I'll point out something, you don't need shore and or death, you can quite capably use storm magma and snow with starck and veers, so really, there is no excuse to NOT have a viable trooper squad. Without shore and death, the rest are insanely easy to acquire. Think that over.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    If u play less than 1 year, be patient ur time will come. DS TB content is for players with broad chars hmm

I mean I'm all for patience but my guild doesn't think the same way lol
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    If u play less than 1 year, be patient ur time will come. DS TB content is for players with broad chars hmm

U are in serious n dedicated guild then.. try find new guild that easy going but serious. They don't shove things to ur throat so that u can "actually" enjoy the game :dizzy:
  • Actually I'll point out something, you don't need shore and or death, you can quite capably use storm magma and snow with starck and veers, so really, there is no excuse to NOT have a viable trooper squad. Without shore and death, the rest are insanely easy to acquire. Think that over.

It's not about acquiring them, I already have enough for the requirements. 7 star Snow and magma, 6 star veers stark and stormtrooper. The issue is the amount of carbanti, syringes and holo projectors they need.

The jump from 7 to 8 to 9 to 10 is very expensive when you have 5 characters that need it. I was saving gear but dropped it all for Talzin, daka, acolyte and Assajj.

Actually I'll point out something, you don't need shore and or death, you can quite capably use storm magma and snow with starck and veers, so really, there is no excuse to NOT have a viable trooper squad. Without shore and death, the rest are insanely easy to acquire. Think that over.

It's not about acquiring them, I already have enough for the requirements. 7 star Snow and magma, 6 star veers stark and stormtrooper. The issue is the amount of carbanti, syringes and holo projectors they need.

The jump from 7 to 8 to 9 to 10 is very expensive when you have 5 characters that need it. I was saving gear but dropped it all for Talzin, daka, acolyte and Assajj.

Did I understand earlier correctly, you have NOT put the zeta on veers?

Then you should get a diffurent guild. Go the tge guild recruitment section on the forums here and start looking. It seems like to me you guild really wants to get those IPD shards which makes sense because IPD is a really great toon.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

U are in serious n dedicated guild then.. try find new guild that easy going but serious. They don't shove things to ur throat so that u can "actually" enjoy the game :dizzy:

Well this statement kind of adds to my whole argument. If you have to quit your guild cause you need 700 carbantis, syringes and holo projectors all of a sudden then something is wrong about all this.

It ain't like I have the gear and I'm saving it. But they nerfed rancor drops significantly. I cant remember the last time I got a fully crafted syringe or carbanti...
    Actually I'll point out something, you don't need shore and or death, you can quite capably use storm magma and snow with starck and veers, so really, there is no excuse to NOT have a viable trooper squad. Without shore and death, the rest are insanely easy to acquire. Think that over.

Of course not, why zeta a gear 7 character that I don't even like?
  • Ton_Phanan wrote: »

Then you should get a diffurent guild. Go the tge guild recruitment section on the forums here and start looking. It seems like to me you guild really wants to get those IPD shards which makes sense because IPD is a really great toon.

Well, and you don't see anything wrong with having to leave your guild cause you are out of gear?

Lol, well, guess that answers all of this.

As mentioned already here, consider troopers under a ZETA veers lead to be the DS equivalent to a zFinn res squad. For the sake of one zeta you can save yourself the COST of all the gear your worried about having to spend , good mods, zeta veers, and for kicks if you wish zeta starck, and your troopers will be a dynamo. Without putting at the minimum a zeta on veers, your going to need to put major gear in, the choice is yours.
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »

Well, and you don't see anything wrong with having to leave your guild cause you are out of gear?

Nope cause its your guild thatvis forcing you to have that gear now. You can’t blame CG for the fact that they are forcing you to gear them up now. It seems like you just don’t want to change guilds and if that is the case then you really only have yourself and your guild to blame.
  • They haven't done anything to the Rancor gear rng. It has always been kittens. Although, wait till you get to g10 with troopers. I think Veers and DT both need 4 raid gear each. It's a bit crazy, I agree.
  • Ok just put it clear: you are f2p and you will simply not get everything you want. You have a lot of choices though:
    1) accept that people putting money in this game get more Content and you wont
    2) put money in it yourself
    3) stop playing
  • Oh, and for the record, once you actually get around to trying out a proper trooper squad, ie zeta veers min, I think you will be very surprised at how they play. They are a blast to use.

As mentioned already here, consider troopers under a ZETA veers lead to be the DS equivalent to a zFinn res squad. For the sake of one zeta you can save yourself the COST of all the gear your worried about having to spend , good mods, zeta veers, and for kicks if you wish zeta starck, and your troopers will be a dynamo. Without putting at the minimum a zeta on veers, your going to need to put major gear in, the choice is yours.

Well not to assume things but it sounds like zetas are fairly easy for you to aquire

Well not to assume things but it sounds like zetas are fairly easy for you to aquire

Zetas are the same for everyone, pray on challenge days, and save fleet tokens, you could consider it resource management lol, or you could simply look at it as a goal to achieve. And for you, if your guild is as . . . .. . Serious .. . As you purport them to be, I imagine you also get a couple zetas from TW every couple weeks as well. There are always options available to a person.

If you are really serious about figuring out how to make troopers viable, which btw , they can go 4/4 in every phase of DS TB with zVeers and zStarck, not to mention get iPd shards, you know what needs to be done to make that happen. What happens now is all your choice.

Well this statement kind of adds to my whole argument. If you have to quit your guild cause you need 700 carbantis, syringes and holo projectors all of a sudden then something is wrong about all this.

It ain't like I have the gear and I'm saving it. But they nerfed rancor drops significantly. I cant remember the last time I got a fully crafted syringe or carbanti...

Obviously, it's wrong since the beginning. TB, TW imo have another purpose: to genocide small guilds and small players. So that the big players gather altogether in strong guilds, become serious and dedicated to the game so that the income keep on going. U can't expect income keep going from small guilds and players hmm

Just that? 700 carbatis and stuff? Wait until new raid comes, and shockingly they require KOTOR new char that come from marquee event :lol:
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I been putting alot of time and effort into Imperial Troopers / Imperial Probe Droid mission.

I was upset at the difficulty at first, but I'm glad they set the bar high and I don't regret them because:

1. It gives me a Nightsister destroyer squad option.
    2. Made me jack up my Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper, thus making my Tie Reaper even more awesome.
    3. Brings IPD shards to my guild and myself.
    4. I'll be getting IDP faster than the whiners, and they won't be handed out to everyone and their moms like ROLO

Min requirement:

Veers, DT, Shore, Starrk, Snow at G10, Zeta Veers optional if you are one bad dude. That is it.

Make sure Starrk is speedy and goes first, kill the Commander officer first in 1/1 then the rest tumbles.

In 2/2 make Luke suffer by destroying his brother in law first, then his sister, then kill Luke.

Proceed to enjoy your Probes and rub it in my guildmate's faces that can't do the mission.
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »

no not because you are out of gear, because you don´t want to do things that are necassary for the whole guild. you are getting so much from a guild: rancor, haat, tb, tw, info, strategy, gear pieces and many more

so when your guild is asking you to master the ipd battle in tb and you don´t want to farm g10-g11 for the imperial troopers than put a zeta on veers
    if you don´t want to give veers that zeta, than you should reconsider if you still want to be in a guild at all

With the current zeta acquisition rate I get 20 mats per month. I still miss zetas on Tanzin's leadership, daka, assajj to get my nightsisters going.

My phoenix have 0 zetas so far. My CLS, who is my leader in arena for the past 5 months still has no zeta on his leadership. Additionally, i haven't gotten to zeta my Thrawn's unique. No zetas on Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus either.

Ohh and lets not forget no zetas saved for BB8 and JTR whenever she comes back.

As you can see nkt exactly easy to "spare" a zeta when I have no arena zetas invested yet.

Veers falls way down the priority list there
  • I been putting alot of time and effort into Imperial Troopers / Imperial Probe Droid mission.

I was upset at the difficulty at first, but I'm glad they set the bar high and I don't regret them because:

1. It gives me a Nightsister destroyer squad option.
    2. Made me jack up my Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper, thus making my Tie Reaper even more awesome.
    3. Brings IPD shards to my guild and myself.
    4. I'll be getting IDP faster than the whiners, and they won't be handed out to everyone and their moms like ROLO

Min requirement:

Veers, DT, Shore, Starrk, Snow at G10, Zeta Veers optional if you are one bad dude. That is it.

Make sure Starrk is speedy and goes first, kill the Commander officer first in 1/1 then the rest tumbles.

In 2/2 make Luke suffer by destroying his brother in law first, then his sister, then kill Luke.

Proceed to enjoy your Probes and rub it in my guildmate's faces that can't do the mission.

Gear 10 is too much man, way too much
  • Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2018

With the current zeta acquisition rate I get 20 mats per month. I still miss zetas on Tanzin's leadership, daka, assajj to get my nightsisters going.

My phoenix have 0 zetas so far. My CLS, who is my leader in arena for the past 5 months still has no zeta on his leadership. Additionally, i haven't gotten to zeta my Thrawn's unique. No zetas on Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus either.

As you can see nkt exactly easy to "spare" a zeta when I have no arena zetas invested yet.

Sounds like you have way too many projects and need to learn how to prioritize you need to commit to one team at a time. I mean it seems like you want to have three different arena teams available all at once. Also if imp troooers only need one zeta mat to become great shouldn’t he be a higher priority than toon or team that needs multiple zetas to work. I alsi think you don’t want to zeta veers because you dislike him for whatever reason.
  • Ton_Phanan wrote: »

Sounds like you have way too many projects and need to learn how to prioritize you need to commit to one team at a time. I mean it seems like you want to have three different arena teams available all at once.

Actually no, I'm just telling you that even regardless of which one I choose, I'm missing zetas for either one of them. CLS is falling out rapidly as more and more people zeta their Palpavaders and get wampas.

If i go with nightsisters I need minimum 2 zetas, 3 if I wanna do it right. If I go with Empire I need at least 5 zetas. If I save for JTR, i need minimum 3 zetas.

As you can see any option leaves me with a minimum 2 zetas required