I still can't believe we need g10-g11 for this!

Replies

• Find a new guild then.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Actually I'll point out something, you don't need shore and or death, you can quite capably use storm magma and snow with starck and veers, so really, there is no excuse to NOT have a viable trooper squad. Without shore and death, the rest are insanely easy to acquire. Think that over.

It's not about acquiring them, I already have enough for the requirements. 7 star Snow and magma, 6 star veers stark and stormtrooper. The issue is the amount of carbanti, syringes and holo projectors they need.

The jump from 7 to 8 to 9 to 10 is very expensive when you have 5 characters that need it. I was saving gear but dropped it all for Talzin, daka, acolyte and Assajj.

Did I understand earlier correctly, you have NOT put the zeta on veers?

Of course not, why zeta a gear 7 character that I don't even like?

Lol, well, guess that answers all of this.

As mentioned already here, consider troopers under a ZETA veers lead to be the DS equivalent to a zFinn res squad. For the sake of one zeta you can save yourself the COST of all the gear your worried about having to spend , good mods, zeta veers, and for kicks if you wish zeta starck, and your troopers will be a dynamo. Without putting at the minimum a zeta on veers, your going to need to put major gear in, the choice is yours.

With the current zeta acquisition rate I get 20 mats per month. I still miss zetas on Tanzin's leadership, daka, assajj to get my nightsisters going.

My phoenix have 0 zetas so far. My CLS, who is my leader in arena for the past 5 months still has no zeta on his leadership. Additionally, i haven't gotten to zeta my Thrawn's unique. No zetas on Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus either.

Ohh and lets not forget no zetas saved for BB8 and JTR whenever she comes back.

As you can see nkt exactly easy to "spare" a zeta when I have no arena zetas invested yet.

Veers falls way down the priority list there

Sounds like you have way too many projects and need to learn how to prioritize you need to commit to one team at a time. I mean it seems like you want to have three different arena teams available all at once.

Actually no, I'm just telling you that even regardless of which one I choose, I'm missing zetas for either one of them. CLS is falling out rapidly as more and more people zeta their Palpavaders and get wampas.

If i go with nightsisters I need minimum 2 zetas, 3 if I wanna do it right. If I go with Empire I need at least 5 zetas. If I save for JTR, i need minimum 3 zetas.

As you can see any option leaves me with a minimum 2 zetas required

So then if you don’t want to zeta verrs your gonna have to take them to a higher gear lvl. The entire game is about making difficult choices. You can zeta one toon and use a low gear lvl team or save it and use a higher gear team. You shouldn’t just be able to beat the IPD mission which gives you a great toon without a challenge. If you don’t like that fact or you don’t agree with your guilds requirements you should either talk to them or find another guild.
  • jedilord wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    If u play less than 1 year, be patient ur time will come. DS TB content is for players with broad chars hmm

I mean I'm all for patience but my guild doesn't think the same way lol

Then you should get a diffurent guild. Go the tge guild recruitment section on the forums here and start looking. It seems like to me you guild really wants to get those IPD shards which makes sense because IPD is a really great toon.

Well, and you don't see anything wrong with having to leave your guild cause you are out of gear?

no not because you are out of gear, because you don´t want to do things that are necassary for the whole guild. you are getting so much from a guild: rancor, haat, tb, tw, info, strategy, gear pieces and many more

so when your guild is asking you to master the ipd battle in tb and you don´t want to farm g10-g11 for the imperial troopers than put a zeta on veers
    if you don´t want to give veers that zeta, than you should reconsider if you still want to be in a guild at all

You think TB will do it with 10-12 random salvages of which half I don't nees? TW with 3-5 of the same kind of salvages?

You think requesting gear will do it when you have 5 people asking for the same piece? And lets not talk about raids, if you don't have BB8 you need to pray that those who have him won't occupy top 10. And rancor, trust me we have over 20 soloers so getting top 3 is like flipping a coin 5 times and getting it right all 5. Like today I finished 20th and the one before I finished 22nd. And no worries you still have a 5% chance to get a full piece. Except if you are in that 5% chance there is another 20% to get the one u need so maybe 1 in 100. But no, no full pieces for me, just 20 salvages of gear i don't need and 12 of another piece I do need. And that's basically 80% of my rancors.
    I been putting alot of time and effort into Imperial Troopers / Imperial Probe Droid mission.

I was upset at the difficulty at first, but I'm glad they set the bar high and I don't regret them because:

1. It gives me a Nightsister destroyer squad option.
    2. Made me jack up my Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper, thus making my Tie Reaper even more awesome.
    3. Brings IPD shards to my guild and myself.
    4. I'll be getting IDP faster than the whiners, and they won't be handed out to everyone and their moms like ROLO

Min requirement:

Veers, DT, Shore, Starrk, Snow at G10, Zeta Veers optional if you are one bad dude. That is it.

Make sure Starrk is speedy and goes first, kill the Commander officer first in 1/1 then the rest tumbles.

In 2/2 make Luke suffer by destroying his brother in law first, then his sister, then kill Luke.

Proceed to enjoy your Probes and rub it in my guildmate's faces that can't do the mission.

Gear 10 is too much man, way too much

Gear 10.is the new gear 8 dude. So many ways to aquire the gear...
  • If you are so worried about raid rewards then maybe you should go merc for guilds that need someone to help them get through a pit or aat raid.
  • ReyCharles wrote: »
    I been putting alot of time and effort into Imperial Troopers / Imperial Probe Droid mission.

I was upset at the difficulty at first, but I'm glad they set the bar high and I don't regret them because:

1. It gives me a Nightsister destroyer squad option.
    2. Made me jack up my Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper, thus making my Tie Reaper even more awesome.
    3. Brings IPD shards to my guild and myself.
    4. I'll be getting IDP faster than the whiners, and they won't be handed out to everyone and their moms like ROLO

Min requirement:

Veers, DT, Shore, Starrk, Snow at G10, Zeta Veers optional if you are one bad dude. That is it.

Make sure Starrk is speedy and goes first, kill the Commander officer first in 1/1 then the rest tumbles.

In 2/2 make Luke suffer by destroying his brother in law first, then his sister, then kill Luke.

Proceed to enjoy your Probes and rub it in my guildmate's faces that can't do the mission.

Gear 10 is too much man, way too much

Gear 10.is the new gear 8 dude. So many ways to aquire the gear...

Yeah like sacrifice Hyoda, wampa and g12. Or sacrifice guild coins which I'm already doing by going for starc. Or maybe sacrifice energy, but that goes to veers already... Ohh yeah, so many ways. Also, you seem to forget that most of these pieces need x50 salvages, not 20
  • Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    If you are so worried about raid rewards then maybe you should go merc for guilds that need someone to help them get through a pit or aat raid.

Well who said I wanna leave my guild? The whole point of this thread is to complain about IPD dividing guilds and putting players in a tough possition with their guilds
    Zeta veers and you can solo p4 with this squad too. Smh

@ReyCharles

Wait, what? P4 in HAAT? Zeta Veers... then can you do it with GX Starrk, DT, Shore, Snow, G11 Veers?
  • Ton_Phanan
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you are so worried about raid rewards then maybe you should go merc for guilds that need someone to help them get through a pit or aat raid.

Well who said I wanna leave my guild? The whole point of this thread is to complain about IPD dividing guilds and putting players in a tough possition with their guilds
    I have seen zero other complaints from guilds about how IPD has divided them. Im in an alliance of guilds where we have 100’s of member snd not once have i seen someone say that the IPD mission is divisive. If you don’t agree with your guilds goal of get IPD shards as soon as possible then you should change guilds. I had a problem with the way my last guild handled requirments and i left and came here to the forums and found my new guild.
    Zeta veers and you can solo p4 with this squad too. Smh

@ReyCharles

Wait, what? P4 in HAAT? Zeta Veers... then can you do it with GX Starrk, DT, Shore, Snow, G11 Veers?

There is a video on YouTube about it. Pointless, any haat team is pointless once u have BB8.

You know, you can solo p4 haat with rebels too, all u need is a zeta on Han which eveyone has already, and mods with insane speed, but yeah, it works.

I have seen zero other complaints from guilds about how IPD has divided them. Im in an alliance of guilds where we have 100’s of member snd not once have i seen someone say that the IPD mission is divisive. If you don’t agree with your guilds goal of get IPD shards as soon as possible then you should change guilds. I had a problem with the way my last guild handled requirments and i left and came here to the forums and found my new guild.

Don't you see what this is? It's so clear to me, this is a calculated move to create a segregation between p2p and f2p players in guilds.

It first happened with TB, p2p players left their guilds to find stronger guilds. Once people realized that it wasn't worth the extra stress, the started going back to their own guilds. But then what happened? TW, which gives more zetas for higher GPs. Then p2p left their guilds once more to merge with more powerful ones.

Then you have th F2P by high arena placement players and they couldn't get rid if those, so they engineered this IPD mission, making it hard enough that it required alot of gear and possibly a zeta to do. This way you get f2p out of the p2p guilds.

This is all made to separate p2p and f2p players and end up rewarding them disproportionately. If the f2p decides to sacrifice arena for satisfying their guild they then end up losing on payouts which hurts them in the long run.

It's a crazy theory but I wouldn't doubt it for a momment

Don't you see what this is? It's so clear to me, this is a calculated move to create a segregation between p2p and f2p players in guilds.

It first happened with TB, p2p players left their guilds to find stronger guilds. Once people realized that it wasn't worth the extra stress, the started going back to their own guilds. But then what happened? TW, which gives more zetas for higher GPs. Then p2p left their guilds once more to merge with more powerful ones.

Then you have th F2P by high arena placement players and they couldn't get rid if those, so they engineered this IPD mission, making it hard enough that it required alot of gear and possibly a zeta to do. This way you get f2p out of the p2p guilds.

This is all made to separate p2p and f2p players and end up rewarding them disproportionately. If the f2p decides to sacrifice arena for satisfying their guild they then end up losing on payouts which hurts them in the long run.

So what you are saying is they are systematically trying to force P2P to band together and not allow F2P players to join them? Once again i have not seen this in any of the guilds in my alliance. You don’t have to be P2P to do well in this game. Im not and guess what once i five star DT and give starck on more gear lvl im gonna be able to complete the IPD mission.
  • @Ton_Phanan

Your name is awesome by the way x-wing series were awesome books

So what you are saying is they are systematically trying to force P2P to band together and not allow F2P players to join them? Once again i have not seen this in any of the guilds in my alliance. You don’t have to be P2P to do well in this game. Im not and guess what once i five star DT and give starck on more gear lvl im gonna be able to complete the IPD mission.

Yes that's exactly what I mean, the game systematically tries to pair p2p together. Also congrats on the IPD squad but if I may ask, what did you sacrifice for it? What's your arena squad and where do you place?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    @Ton_Phanan

Your name is awesome by the way x-wing series were awesome books

Thank you very much Ton was my favorite character.
  • I was always partial to Wes Jansen but the character development of Wedge was soooo good in that series

Yes that's exactly what I mean, the game systematically tries to pair p2p together. Also congrats on the IPD squad but if I may ask, what did you sacrifice for it? What's your arena squad and where do you place?

I said earlier i use empire team lead by zthrawn with veers snow storm and DT and before you say it i was already working on my empire toons for arena and the R2 event before DS TB. I also have a gear 8 5 star starck who is almost gear nine. As for arena i can usually take them to arena rank 700 or so if i try but i just overhault three of my toons mod sets recently so i still have yet to see how far they can go now.
    I was always partial to Wes Jansen but the character development of Wedge was soooo good in that series
    Wes was a good character but i enjoyed the sarcasm and humor of ton too much. I also enjoyed the fact that wedge was the main focus of all nine books but not the main character so much.
  • I also liked when they brought some of wraith squadron back in the NJO to form twin suns squadron
    I also liked when they brought some of wraith squadron back in the NJO to form twin suns squadron
    That was a nice touch too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's a blessing in disguise (for some)
    g11 zeta veers troopers get 4/4 in each phase relatively easy.
    Save water, drink champagne!

I said earlier i use empire team lead by zthrawn with veers snow storm and DT and before you say it i was already working on my empire toons for arena and the R2 event before DS TB. I also have a gear 8 5 star starck who is almost gear nine. As for arena i can usually take them to arena rank 700 or so if i try but i just overhault three of my toons mod sets recently so i still have yet to see how far they can go now.

Wait, did I hear correctly? 700? Trying to get R2?

Well I don't know where to begin. First of all you shouldn't worry so much about IPD missions, your priority should be focusing in getting under 200 rank in arena for starters.

You are currently not receiving any crystals from arena and your arena character farm rate is too slow.

Secondly, you shouldn't have zetad Thrawn's leadership, you just threw a month worth of progress in the trash. You need guidance, I'd be glad to help you. If you are interested message me your swgoh.gg account and I'll help you from there.

Lastly let me say this as respectfully as I can, you should get a little more experience in the game before you hop into such poweful possitions. I'm not trying to discredit you in any way but there is a side of the game that you haven't still experienced.

Seriously tho, this forum isn't the place to find advice and help, for someone your level. I'd try YouTube.

I'm serious about giving you advice tho, hit me up if you want, I'll help you.
  • leef wrote: »

Yeah and if you already have a team that solos P4?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

i've got multiple teams capable of solo-ing phase 4, regardless of wich phase 4 you're referring to.
    What i meant was 4/4 on a combat mission in each phase of DS TB.
  • leef wrote: »

i've got multiple teams capable of solo-ing phase 4, regardless of wich phase 4 you're referring to.

Let me ask you a question, doesn't it seem odd to you that the tie pilot isn't an imperial trooper?

Well I don't know where to begin. First of all you shouldn't worry so much about IPD missions, your priority should be focusing in getting under 200 rank in arena for starters.

You are currently not receiving any crystals from arena and your arena character farm rate is too slow.

Secondly, you shouldn't have zetad Thrawn's leadership, you just threw a month worth of progress in the trash. You need guidance, I'd be glad to help you. If you are interested message me your swgoh.gg account and I'll help you from there.

Lastly let me say this as respectfully as I can, you should get a little more experience in the game before you hop into such poweful possitions. I'm not trying to discredit you in any way but there is a side of the game that you haven't still experienced.

Seriously tho, this forum isn't the place to find advice and help, for someone your level. I'd try YouTube.

Thrawns zeta was from the 2 year gift from the devs. I get 50 crystals from arena and i also get 15 shards from the arena store every 2 days and i have kanan and sthan already maxed out and leia only needs like 50 more shards to hit 7 stars. And i allso already have r2 at 5 stars i just didn’t have enough to get him past that point the last time he showed up but now i have my 5 7* empire toons. Oh and before you ask both old ben and luke are almost 7 stars and they are all gear 9 so CLS is in the bag for me. So yeah i think i’ll skip over your “Advice”

Let me ask you a question, doesn't it seem odd to you that the tie pilot isn't an imperial trooper?

No he's a pilot not a trooper it's the difference between air force and army

Am I the only one that thinks this is bang out of order? After your post the other day about how more characters should be viable, I thought you would be more supportive of people playing how they want with characters they want.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

No, but you're asking the wrong guy. I'm not a sw fan, so i couldn't tell you why veers is an imperial trooper, but tarkin in only empire. Honestly, no clue.
    It's not odd to me because storm, shore. death, snow and magma their names all end in "trooper". haven't thought twice about it.

Am I the only one that thinks this is bang out of order? After your post the other day about how more characters should be viable, I thought you would be more supportive of people playing how they want with characters they want.

Nobody questions that the meta is the meta. Yeah you can play however you want but that doesn't mean that the way the game is designed now you need the op toons