Can't defeat Kylo Unmasked - neverending duel

I am using a team of nightsisters to defeat a galactic war level. I defeated all the other opponents but when Kylo was solo against all 5 of my nightsisters, neither could win. Mine kept healing themselves and some of my attacks seemed to restore his health. Never ending duel until my phone ran out of power.

How is this possible? How can one character stand against 5 and not be destroyed?

Replies

• DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Lizkazon95 wrote: »
    How can one character stand against 5 and not be destroyed?
    Probably because of abilities.

Gear, rank, mods and maybe level could have something to do with it too.

• Sounds like kylo might have had a zeta on him.
  • Lizkazon95 wrote: »
    How can one character stand against 5 and not be destroyed?
    Probably because of abilities.

Gear, rank, mods and maybe level could have something to do with it too.

all of mine are gear tier VI snd level 60+. The oponent was level 70.
  • Ton_Phanan wrote: »
    Sounds like kylo might have had a zeta on him.

What is zeta?
    Ton_Phanan wrote: »

What is zeta?
    Any time a first order ally gains a status effect they recover 5% health and 5% protection. Also when his 2 specials are maxed out he heals and also if i remember correctly percent health effects like DOT or expose deal less damage to him and plague is a %health effect
  • Ton_Phanan wrote: »

What is zeta?
    Any time a first order ally gains a status effect they recover 5% health and 5% protection. Also when his 2 specials are maxed out he heals and also if i remember correctly percent health effects like DOT or expose deal less damage to him and plague is a %health effect

So, It is impossible for my nightsisters to defeat him.

What is zeta?

So, It is impossible for my nightsisters to defeat him.

Yep. A zetad KRU is one of the counters to nighsisters
  • He’s not zetaed. The op says the opponent is level 70. You can only use zetas at level 82 and above. It means that his ns simply aren’t doing enough damage to overcome his normal healing abilities. Scarred at level 6 gives him 8% heal every time he’s damaged. So you need someone to put healing immunity on him or do more damage. Some of your ns probably hit light like Talia and heal him while asajj should hit hard enough to take his health down some.
  • You need to be using Ventress in an NS squad. Overtime, she will get more power as toons die and then she will be able to overcome his healing. Especially helpful if you have zombie. Given your level though, I assume you're missing both Talzin and Zombie?
  • KRU takes significantly reduced damage from health effects such as plague. Also he heals health when attacked. Just use a high DPS squad and he'll be gone.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    You need to be using Ventress in an NS squad. Overtime, she will get more power as toons die and then she will be able to overcome his healing. Especially helpful if you have zombie. Given your level though, I assume you're missing both Talzin and Zombie?

YOu can't have a NS squad without Talzin and zombie. He might be running talzin/zombie/daka/Talia/initiate. A lot of debuffs and not a lot of dmg, Kru still heals even without zeta.
  • I personally would try something besides nightsisters. Fo is a tough out for them. To beat nightsisters I simply put in fo kru lead with ventress instead of foo and it's over almost instantly.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    You need to be using Ventress in an NS squad. Overtime, she will get more power as toons die and then she will be able to overcome his healing. Especially helpful if you have zombie. Given your level though, I assume you're missing both Talzin and Zombie?

YOu can't have a NS squad without Talzin and zombie. He might be running talzin/zombie/daka/Talia/initiate. A lot of debuffs and not a lot of dmg, Kru still heals even without zeta.

Well, if you are lower level (60), you can have a NS squad without mt or zombie. Asaaj, daka, initiate, acolyte, talia. Not saying it will work the best, but you can have it.
  • Use Nihilus. Problem solved.
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Stud3099 wrote: »

Well, if you are lower level (60), you can have a NS squad without mt or zombie. Asaaj, daka, initiate, acolyte, talia. Not saying it will work the best, but you can have it.

It's prety much the same as saying you can have phoenix squad without hera lead. You can, but that's not what people mean when they say phoenix squad.
  • Was Kylo the leader? If so he recovers health and protection when he gains/loses status effects. Also, his unique gives him health, and he's also super tanky. Make sure you read the ability descriptions of a character, and if something doesn't work, don't keep trying it. Learn to adapt. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If you have a thrawn or JTR, you should be able to just sub them in for the one round and walk over that KRUM. Or just any toon with healing immunity/ tm removal.
  • Kylo has an ability that restores his health when he attacks. At level six, for example, that ability heals him for 8 percent of his max health each time he takes damage. If your attacks are doing less damage than 8 percent of his max health, he actually ends up with more health after you’ve attacked. He also gets 5 percent life steal from gear. You need one or two characters that can deal big damage to ensure you can whittle him down. There are other ways, too, like using a character who can inflict healing immunity.
  • Jeffo wrote: »
    He’s not zetaed. The op says the opponent is level 70. You can only use zetas at level 82 and above. It means that his ns simply aren’t doing enough damage to overcome his normal healing abilities. Scarred at level 6 gives him 8% heal every time he’s damaged. So you need someone to put healing immunity on him or do more damage. Some of your ns probably hit light like Talia and heal him while asajj should hit hard enough to take his health down some.

I ran into this same thing a couple weeks ago. Before i learned about retreat...KRU wiped out my whole **** lineup. Had to have been bugged. IIRC, the KRU was 50 and my side was 58/9. 5* vader couldn't damage him, not KR or anyone else. And that was AFTER the first team had it down to just KRU. 1 v 5 with vader, KR, tarkin, etc - all 1000-1500 higher than the KRU and no one could scratch him.
  • Kylo takes reduced damage from percent damage effects, and your main damage is plague. Basically, you need to put in a high dps squad if that happens.
  • Sounds like he would be a pain in a TW zarriss team with gk.
  • Similar happened to me with my Zooku vs Zavage duel for like 20mins.
  • I don't think this will help as you use an NS squad, but I'd say use a 1hit KO character, like Kylo Masked, or Boba, because of their third move.
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    In arena I was beating Kylo for more than 3 minutes, high dps didnt work at all, without shock or healing imunity impossible to kill it. Or Nihilus . He gain so much defense that he will be healing more than dmg. Even Vader couldnt kill it with 15 debuffs on Kylo.
  • I have a NS team as well - Old Daka/Ventress/Talia/Zombie/Talzin and I was having the same problem. Once I read in this thread that Kylo (unmasked) can heal from plague, I just had to only use Talzin’s basic attack and the one where she calls all the other girls to attack. Avoid the AOE she has, which gives plague. Then he was easy peasy. ;)
  • bmcelvan
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yup, avoid plague at all costs. Also, using Daka to stun is okay but her stun attack actually heals him more than damaging him...so, once he is stunned use her heal as soon and as often as you can. Best attack is Talzins "call all the troops to attack" Spirit Blade Assault and Asajj and acolytes basic attack. Zombie feed is better than basic as any status effect change heals him and zombie basic has tenacity down and talzin basic has add plague if already plagued...basically constant healing. If you avoid talzin special plague, then her basic doesn't heal him.
  • If you're running NS against KRU and the First Order, don't use Talzin's lead. Switch to Asajj lead and they're a piece of cake.