6%
StarSonZombie961MzeeDuXX_1Horse_2318_Westvleteren12 6 votes
Needs more coordination now, but its ok
0%
Option 2, but you love it
0%
Option 2, but you hate it
9%
DelmonYoungSITHPLAGUEFieldLLurtzeKreontasMacattack9UnabridgedDualsaberShmurdaTK 8 votes
The overall strategy remains the same, so i dont care
3%
Th3NameLessphinfan309FiddleMaster 3 votes
It stops Ties, so great!
4%
No_TryCanadian_force78Jim644Doc1974 4 votes
I just need to be a little more careful, thats all
3%
ElleMadaraRevengeKillAleSahnDroh_1979 3 votes
I hate it now.
58%
ZtyleThe_Noobish_HipstervitoontoNikoms565MajoreMikePotatoManEventineElessedilRo_BikaCCyrilSjedikilla84GthAzzaAmericanPicardchpMINIsolo_77SamaelStarskyBadWolf79ProximaB1_hunchewMinired 50 votes
Its complicated on the outside but its deceptively simple.
3%
fascizioEnderGamer87Fluffite 3 votes
Other (Pls explain in a comment)
10%
AceCVKyno6The6Bull6PhoenixeonShimrraMr_SausagePhat_MidichlorianWycrossKatzlschwoaf 9 votes

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They haven't come into action yet so no one knows.

In theory, the new system rewards a better roster, better development plan of said roster and better implementation of that roster. That is great.

Ties aside, this new system will give strategic development over time an advantage. I believe that's a good thing.
  • I hate it now.
    I think I'll have to join a lower GP guild to use any team other than my arena team in TW now. So it's either quit my guild and lose Kenobi shards plus better guild rewards, or wait until I get booted from the guild for only having one team for TW. My 6th best character is 10,000 GP. Before, I could use them on offense when 1 character was left etc. Now that will cost them banners; I'm sure I'm not the only one that will lose their guild over this change. Being in a guild that was way better than me was what made this game fun for me. Being in a beginner guild will be a huge step back in enjoyment for me.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why can't you use them against one toon?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Other (Pls explain in a comment)
    I have yet to see the changes in action yet so I can’t comment on how the changes are.
  • Other (Pls explain in a comment)
    No option for I currently hate tw and the changes won't make me hate tw any less.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I have yet to see the changes in action yet so I can’t comment on how the changes are.

Stop being sensible on the internet.
  • I hate it now.
    For me it's not so much I hate the changes ( I love the reporting additions, dislike the new banner awards) but I hate that this is the meat, effort, and resources of our QOL update. Not sure how much QOL this improves ( ties are a fraction of guilds, TW reporting benefits are nice for the 4-6 TW's a month or whatever) as I'd rather see the daily QOL struggle be improved vs an occasion event.

It's like saying the legendary mythic event additions are QOL update, they are cool and fun but not a QOL update, using Last years as a comparison, or using the literal definition .

I mean if it's to please Team Instinct, I understand wanting to help your top spenders, but don't call it a QOL update. Call it a game update to fix TW ties. Just put the reporting updates in QOL update.

If it's to encourage people farm the bottom of their roster, like TB, then no issue with that but it isn't QOL update for us

If this is the simplist way they could make a tie breaker then I think they could use some new team members at the office to problem solve better.

My idea would've been a neutral territory on the bottom/middle that would only unlock after a tie. where you face a PVE enemy ship and use only your Tie fighters with a timer of 1 min. All 50 players from each side can fight the ship, and whichever side can do the most damage during their runs wins the tie breaker. Kind of like a mini raid, but it just calculated damage done to the PVE ship. Not a perfect idea , but to me would be much more fun, would only affect people tying, would not rework one of the best modes in the game that is TW.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I hate it now.
    Though it is true we have not seen it in play yet, it is clear that this change is going to take more time, effort, communication, and thought from both the players and the officers!

So as a QoL change, this change is utterly horrible! This is more like an ANTI-quality of life change.

As a game feature, on first & second reading it is too complicated.

As a fix to tie breakers, this is far too complicated!!!
  • It stops Ties, so great!
    The biggest thing for me is elimination of ties. We faced a guild yesterday who played for the tie. They set trash toons in defence with the intention of both sides wiping each other out. While not necessarily against the rules it's certainly a bad show of gamesmanship. Rather than having a battle, that they probably would have lost, they decided to just stop us from receiving the win rewards. Poor show from a spinless guild.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    It made it better
    I love the sound of the changes, but will have to wait and experience it before being able to form much of an opinion. Really looking forward to seeing how many successful defenses my teams get. Hopefully they will add this to arena at some point to. It will help me see how well my teams are doing and whether I may want to change some things.
  • +1 banner for successful defence. That's literally all they needed to not affect TW in any way other than when a tie occurs
  • I hate it now.
    On a side note is having members sit out to get easier matchups Even better now. Before as bad of a strategy as it was. (I would never do it) a lot of guilds would go all out offense just to cause a tie in these instances. Now that won't happen so it seems the game is promoting this behavior even more.
  • I hate it now.
    Anrath wrote: »
    Though it is true we have not seen it in play yet, it is clear that this change is going to take more time, effort, communication, and thought from both the players and the officers!

So as a QoL change, this change is utterly horrible! This is more like an ANTI-quality of life change.

As a game feature, on first & second reading it is too complicated.

As a fix to tie breakers, this is far too complicated!!!

Yeah pretty much sums up my thoughts.

And no I don't have to see it in action to know. This isn't a new toon or game mode. A simple tiebreaker was asked for and instead we got this.

• I wish they had just made a counter for how many teams each guild used and then decided based on that fact at the end of the TW. That way it would literally only impact the guilds that actually tied and wouldn't change anything for the guilds that aren't experiencing ties.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Your poll options are little too complicated. Keeping it simple will probably result in more "usefull" results.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Your poll options are little too complicated. Keeping it simple will probably result in more "usefull" results.

Kay. Will try to keep to 5 or less options next time
  • I hate it now.
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    No option for I currently hate tw and the changes won't make me hate tw any less.

This.
  • I hate it now.
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Kay. Will try to keep to 5 or less options next time

Or maybe 3

Yes
    No
    Other
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I hate it now.
    I might reconsider my vote. Being matched against a guild over 20 Million higher in GP? Setting 30 teams per sector? What's not to like about it?
  • I hate it now.
    It's a massive over-reaction to the issue of ties, which don't happen that often anyway, and could be prevented by guild strategy. This change means that instead of having proper strategy, it's down to roster size and more focused rosters, making it further apart than before compared to the requirements for TB (wide rosters).

TW is already too much before. Two events in a row right after a tiring 6-day TB, and now we have to do more battles than before with smaller rosters. And now with another raid available, where is the breathing space?

I would be OK with this change if it was cut to only 1 TW decently spaced between TBs, and if the change in squads required per zone is indeed an error.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    They just complicate a simple matter (draws). With a lot less changes they could correct it.
  • I hate it now.
    @Kyno the new change actually hinders any strategic development and it encourages spending. I get you need to encourage spending. I applaud it but let's not confuse that with strategic development. Ties were irritating people who got a huge advantage in a mismatch and you have rewarded them by taking any strategic advantage out of play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Notnukin wrote: »
    Kyno the new change actually hinders any strategic development and it encourages spending. I get you need to encourage spending. I applaud it but let's not confuse that with strategic development. Ties were irritating people who got a huge advantage in a mismatch and you have rewarded them by taking any strategic advantage out of play.

I truly believe that the beat f2p are some of the best strategists out there. Doing more with less is the goal, that takes strategy.

As always if you want to spend you have an advantage, but this doesn't force spending it forces strategy, balance of O and D, getting the correct matchup ,developing counter teams and an overall top level strategy that will get you into the back wall with more fire power than the other guy. This can all be done without $$.

I believe that many people confuse $$ with strategy, but more along the lines that you are stating, not that they can overcome the former with the latter. IMHO.
  • Shimrra
    109 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    35 teams for each sectin is stupid. Too much teams in defense.

All other add are nice, but the fun definitively gone with those 35 def squad. Now it's a pain.
  • +1 banner for successful defence. That's literally all they needed to not affect TW in any way other than when a tie occurs

^this.

We finally had a strategy down and now its changed. Old strategy didn't fair well in new setup and we actually had an even matchup. Take for example the banners you get for placing a ship squad, why do you receive fewer banners for not filling all reinforcement slots? I've never seen an arena battle go longer than having 2 reinforcements emerge, so why penalize a player for taking game play into consideration when setting a defense????
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I hate it now.
    We need 35 squads per territory. This is hogwash. Assuming everyone does their fair share, everyone needs 5.6 squads for offense defense, 1.4 fleets, and the ability to kill just as many. Basically boils down to 60 decked out heroes and all the ships, pilots, and commanders.

Why even bother? 2.5 years in and I have 42 characters at g11+, now I need at least 20 more at that level to be effective in TW. Probably more than 20 because let's face it, many characters just cannot compete with the newer ones. If I ever get there, they will just change the rules again. Pointless exercise in futility.

Our guild participation is at an all-time low for this TW.

Silver lining: at least we get to fight a bunch of JTR, CLS, and Maul teams over and over and over again. It is content I guess.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't care because we have no chance against the guild with 30m GP more than us. The point system is irrelevant. ;)
  • I hate it now.
    Why are we not getting some explanation?
  • I hate it now.
    Notnukin wrote: »
    Why are we not getting some explanation?

They are busy nerfing the monthly login character
  • I hate it now.
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't care because we have no chance against the guild with 30m GP more than us. The point system is irrelevant. ;)

In my opinion it is relevant in that this matchmaking bug is likely due to the new TW QOL update