Anything but CLS and R2

Can I please get anything else to compete against other than R2/CLS in arena? This has been what, 6-months and still unbalanced. I was hoping the Sith upgrade would add diversity, but only for a day. It is rare I see a Kylo unmasked or some other random competing. It is a challenge to see who has the best CLS/R2 combo. It is getting really boring.

Replies

• Can I please get anything else to compete against other than R2/CLS in arena? This has been what, 6-months and still unbalanced. I was hoping the Sith upgrade would add diversity, but only for a day. It is rare I see a Kylo unmasked or some other random competing. It is a challenge to see who has the best CLS/R2 combo. It is getting really boring.

Consider yourself lucky to go against an old meta,easy to beat now with Palp and Vader reworks. In my shard all I fight is JTR,Nightsister and Kenobi that are way more difficult than any CLS team..
  • What is your rank mate? Maybe that has to do with the lack of diversity.
    For example:
    I my top 30, there are 3 FO(kru), 6 JTR, 5 ns, 1 zarris/gk, 4 palp, rest cls.

In the lower ranks, it is difficult to gear up other toons. Thus the lack of variety.
  • I must be lucky. Most teams in my arena have moved on to sith/empire. Even my junk team will wreck CLS squads. We tried NS for a while but the sith teams just kill NS.
  • I hover between 80-120. Still not seeing much diversity. You see it in the top 50 leaderboards, but not where I am.
  • Mine is a nice mixture of CLS,SITH /Empire, NS, JTR and the odd FO. So quite a nice mix.
    However Sith/Empire are slowly pushing CLS/NS down. I do think it is better than 3 or 4 months ago when it was nearly all CLS
  • My arena shard is probably the most diverse it has ever been and I'm on a Nov 15 shard. It could be your shard and your ranking. EP, jtr, CLS, Thrawn, ns, and aa/hyoda squads are what are there. Very rare to have GK-zarris anymore in top 50 in mine. Usually there were only one or two types of squads that worked, but not anymore.
  • If you only have CLS and r2 in arena that is a good thing. It means nobody is way ahead of you willth a geared FO team or a geared JTR team or a geared Kenobi team or Bariss Ron Titan or Sith. You have the chance to farm one of those teams quickly ,save some crystals, and make a huge jump in arena. If you wait for them to do it first, you'll be making the same complaint in a few months that all you face is JTR/BB8 teams
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sying wrote: »
    I must be lucky. Most teams in my arena have moved on to sith/empire. Even my junk team will wreck CLS squads. We tried NS for a while but the sith teams just kill NS.

This. Finally moving away from my NS due to the Empire laughing at Plague
  • Your lucky I was dominating the cls meta for months with kru, now I struggle break top 50 because all the cls/ns/the only fo being pushed out by new sith and jtr ( nov 2015 shard)

And fact is kru are lucky to get more than 1 kill against these groups.

Anyhow when you really think about there's only 1 real meta, and that's thrawn, he's the only guy in literally 98% of teams, and the only guy who can really counter them.