Mute Notifications

I made the mistake of posting in a megathread (again), and now I'm bombarded with hundreds of notifications every day. I'd rather not spend my time scrolling through all of them to find the non-megathread replies (what I'm really looking for).
Can we please implement a tool that allows us to mute notifications for a certain thread? Like add the option so we only get the notification if someone replies to our comment our @'s us in that thread.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Look in your profile, there should be a way to turn it off. I've never looked in my profile settings, but I've posted in megathreads and I get zero notifications unless someone @'s me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Look in your profile, there should be a way to turn it off. I've never looked in my profile settings, but I've posted in megathreads and I get zero notifications unless someone @'s me.

I've checked a hundred times. You can turn off all notifications, period (besides @'s), but there's no way to mute notifications for a certain thread.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know what to tell you then. I do not have this issue.
  • Options
    Are you on mobile or full site? Sometimes I accidentally press the little star next to the thread title, which favourites it, and I get bombarded every time there is a comment. Maybe check you haven't hit that star.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Are you on mobile or full site? Sometimes I accidentally press the little star next to the thread title, which favourites it, and I get bombarded every time there is a comment. Maybe check you haven't hit that star.

This most likely

On the right hand side of your screen there should be my bookmarks tab that lists the threads you have favourites.
  • Options
    Nope. Not bookmarked.
    So all of you can comment on megathreads, not get any notifications from the megathreads, but still get all the regular notifications when you comment on other threads?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't get any notifications unless I get @'d. Doesn't matter where I post.
  • Options
    On the mobile site, tap the little Earth icon at the bottom. Tap "Notification Preferences" at the top right. Uncheck all the notifications you don't want

On the full site, click the Earth at the top right.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Lol I just noticed the earth is the symbol for notifications.

That's weird.
  • Options
    Go to desktop site. You can choose to get notification on threads you comment on or not.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    My problem is, I want to get notifications on 99% threads I comment on, with megathreads being the 1%.