Is anything ever going to be done in fleet that makes your ships defend?

Skittlesnacks1
209 posts Member
edited February 2018
What's the point in putting all that gear on pilots if anyone with a chimaera can beat you even if their pilots are G8?

Word of advice: If you're not using your pilots in arena or some other area don't bother wasting resources on them. It means absolutely nothing. Hoard that gear for something useful.

Replies

• If you are losing to g8 pilots on defense, something is indeed off (assuming yours are g10 or higher). If you are losing to them on offense, something is wrong with your strategy.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yeah you're right, the investment I've made in pilots totally hasn't been worth the 400 crystals and 1800 fleet currency I get a day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, the investment I've made in pilots totally hasn't been worth the 400 crystals and 1800 fleet currency I get a day.

And people who didn't invest nearly as much as you will be able to beat you.

That's the point. There's nothing in fleet like mods that separates one chimaera team from the next. I have the highest power in my ship shard and am getting beaten by ridiculous teams that did nothing but unlock thrawn's ship to get to the top.

That's the point. There's nothing in fleet like mods that separates one chimaera team from the next. I have the highest power in my ship shard and am getting beaten by ridiculous teams that did nothing but unlock thrawn's ship to get to the top.

Then there is something wrong with your fleet
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Then there is something wrong with your fleet

Nope. Even the best whale teams are getting beaten back by low-gear newcomers with Chimarea. Fleets that used to sit in the top 15 always because of their investment are seen in the 30s.

It's not like normal arena where those with the best mods and highest levels can actually defend. Fleet is missing that. Once your pilots are max gear there's nothing else you can do, and that's not enough.
  • Galactic Power doesn't mean everything. Put in TIE Reaper if your Fleet is as superior as you say it is and the enemy Chimera won't be able to do much.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Galactic Power doesn't mean everything. Put in TIE Reaper if your Fleet is as superior as you say it is and the enemy Chimera won't be able to do much.

I have reaper at 7*. Most have it at least unlocked by now on my shard.
  • To the OP, mind sharing your fleet and pilot levels? Perhaps your set up is not as powerful as you think.
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    APX_919 wrote: »
    To the OP, mind sharing your fleet and pilot levels? Perhaps your set up is not as powerful as you think.

Starting with Biggs, Reaper, Vader, TFP, FOTP. Reinforced by Scimitar, Fives, Boba, Falcon.

All pilots are G12, all ships 7* except Falcon which never gets called in anyway. TFP, Vader, FOTP have all G12 gear. The others have at least 1 piece of G12 gear. Thrawn has all G12 and both zetas. Vader has both zetas also.

And yes I'm getting beaten by people with 5* reaper and G8 pilots on some ships. There's not much more than can be done. I see no comp that comes close to holding currently. Ships need something that separates good fleets from those who didn't invest much.
  • Okay, do you have 5 star mods on all of them? That affects speed even more than gear level.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Okay, do you have 5 star mods on all of them? That affects speed even more than gear level.

Yes all modded 5*. On offense I go first. There's just no way that I can see to make it defend unless they add something.
  • Then it is the dreaded RNG again. G8 pilots shouldn't be able to hang with g12, they'd be one-shotted unless RNG comes into play.

Yep, OP, got to agree there's an issue.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

lol...but it will

once it's maxxed your on free zetas till someone new added...the back to zetas or shard shop or whatever...

end game it willllll
  • I hope they never change a single thing about ships ever. Any new ships better not be meta either
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Galactic Power doesn't mean everything. Put in TIE Reaper if your Fleet is as superior as you say it is and the enemy Chimera won't be able to do much.

Oh how I pray to see reaper in first 5 lol....

Ackbars can still take 1
    Mace can still take 1
    tarkin can still take 1..

These threads are just Thrawn OP nerf thrawn posts... right ????

Now in terms of the OP honestly NOTHING should be holding on defense right now. I see no way to address that unless they cave and give all the do nothings their CLS xwing OP or add 30 speed to the AI and 50 percent damage boost which would basically ruin ships for everyone

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I hope they never change a single thing about ships ever. Any new ships better not be meta either

ugg not sure that would be good for their bottom line...or our fun
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

lol...but it will

once it's maxxed your on free zetas till someone new added...the back to zetas or shard shop or whatever...

end game it willllll

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited February 2018

I’m ftp and this is why ships are worth it, I’ve been 1st for weeks, drop to 6th and only takes two fights a day
  • If ships actually used their specials properly on defense it would help immensely. Like when one of your ships has a target lock and the enemy 5’s decides to use his special on the only ship that’s target locked. I always laugh at that. Or TFP NEVER using his special on defense. Ever.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »

I’m ftp and this is why ships are worth it, I’ve been 1st for weeks, drop to 6th and only takes two fights a day

Yup. Similar situation, except longer that weeks for me.

The rest of my shard is catching up but it was the single smartest thing I've done in this game. Those crystals and zetas are priceless for a (mostly) f2p player like me.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    If ships actually used their specials properly on defense it would help immensely. Like when one of your ships has a target lock and the enemy 5’s decides to use his special on the only ship that’s target locked. I always laugh at that. Or TFP NEVER using his special on defense. Ever.

My favorite is when the AI focuses fire on my TF.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    . Or TFP NEVER using his special on defense. Ever.

is this true ?????? I never even paid attention...if so that's horrible.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    . Or TFP NEVER using his special on defense. Ever.

is this true ?????? I never even paid attention...if so that's horrible.

Yes. I put in a bug report about 8 months ago on it. Never acknowledged. It will use its special on auto on offense. Just never, ever on defense. It’s the only toon/ship in the game that will not use his special ability on defense.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Not experiencing this on my shard. No one in my top 20 is running gear 8 pilots. Occasional gear 10 mixed in with all gear 11s and 12s. I get compliments from my shard mates about how tough my fleet can be.

However, i do sometimes lose on offense easily to people that i usually beat easily due to RNG not granting me target locks or crits. RNG plays too much of a role right now in ships that it is destroying the fun of it.