Jedi are awful...

I know that everyone realizes this. I'm just venting here. My favorite part of Star Wars, and I can't even enjoy them in what is otherwise an excellent game. That is all...

Replies

• Options
    GK has never left my Arena Squad since I put him in.
    Hermit Yoda has never left my raid team since I put him in.
    That is all.
  • Options
    Oh, one of the best tanks and one of the best supports in the game? Both of which are locked behind being able to do a heroic raid or earning a boatload of Guild Event tokens? That is all? You are correct, that is all.

Two toons that happen to have the Jedi tag, that don't even run in Jedi teams. Let's go look at ACTUAL Jedi teams before we post such nonsensical drivel.

Congratulations, you just broke the intarwebz.

(Sorry to be so salty, but I'm seriously irritated about this. As is the money that I have thrown at the game. But that's one me; I should have known better than to give greedy EA a single penny.)
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    GK has never left my Arena Squad since I put him in.
    Hermit Yoda has never left my raid team since I put him in.
    That is all.

Yeah that's two out of many, not to mention insanely long farms.
  • Options
    Ezra is also part of 1 out of 2 viable teams that can solo the entire HAAT. Please don't tell me he is also a long farm?
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Do new players even bother trying to get five 7* Jedi's to get Grand Master Yoda these days knowing that he's completely useless?
  • Options
    And we've all also conveniently forgotten about Zarriss, who when combined with GK have never fully exited squad arena meta.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    And we've all also conveniently forgotten about Zarriss, who when combined with GK have never fully exited squad arena meta.

Every squad in the game is GK +4 really. People are in denial trying call it a EP/Vader, Sith, JTRey Squad, whatever squad. It's really just GK plus 4. Betcha there's people in your shard that has 4 nightsisters with GK.
  • Options
    Do new players even bother trying to get five 7* Jedi's to get Grand Master Yoda these days knowing that he's completely useless?
    Unfortunately yes, at least in my case. I didn't actually realize how useless Jedi were until I already had a team of 5* Jedi to get a 5* GMY.

At this point, I realize exactly how useless they are, but the team was already built up and almost to 7*s, so I just figured "What the heck?," and kept leveling them.

At least I have a half decent Rebel team that I leveled to get Palp that I can use instead.

• Options
    They may get reworked eventually. Just like how EP and Vader were recently reworked.
  • Options
    I am ashamed that I spent refreshes farming jedi to get GM Yoda.... Worst mistake. Everyone on the forums say the devs care so much about light side... if that was the case, Jedi would dominate.
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Shots wrote: »
    I am ashamed that I spent refreshes farming jedi to get GM Yoda.... Worst mistake. Everyone on the forums say the devs care so much about light side... if that was the case, Jedi would dominate.
    Look, I don't want Jedi to dominate. But it would be nice if you could field a full Jedi squad, and actually be competitive. That's all I'm personally asking for.

Some of the most powerful Jedi from a lore point of view (Mace Windu, GMY, JKA, etc.) are pathetically weak gamewise. Let's just tweak these toons and give them the respect that they deserve.

• Options
    Gk lead zarriss, ezra, hermit Yoda and any of normal Yoda, qgj, jka is a good team
  • Options

Every squad in the game is GK +4 really. People are in denial trying call it a EP/Vader, Sith, JTRey Squad, whatever squad. It's really just GK plus 4. Betcha there's people in your shard that has 4 nightsisters with GK.

My G7 7* GK is pretty worthless to me.

I never have and never will use him in arena just because he is so prevalent.

I ran full Bounty Hunter’s way back, then full Sith, full Empire, and now EP led full Empire team.

To the OP’s point, some people like to run “pure” synergy teams and the fact of the matter is that a full Jedi team is rubbish in arena right.
  • Options

My G7 7* GK is pretty worthless to me.

I never have and never will use him in arena just because he is so prevalent.

I ran full Bounty Hunter’s way back, then full Sith, full Empire, and now EP led full Empire team.

To the OP’s point, some people like to run “pure” synergy teams and the fact of the matter is that a full Jedi team is rubbish in arena right.

Yeah, but don't say 'never'. I sat on G7, 7* GK for months, then I took him from 7 to 12 in one shot, because I got sick of being slapped all over the arena board, and it's a big difference. I went from Deathstar to Starkiller-base-God-mode in almost any line up overnight.

If you didn't have say Shoretrooper, or if you need to fast track a new Empire squad and need a filler, then max gear GK is an easy and versatile substitute in any scenario I'd say.
  • Options
    The game goes in cycles. I'll admit the Jedi have never hit as hard as the rebels do (which imo is a little too hard) but the Sith were pretty weak too before this recent rework. But even after the rework that happened I think Sith should be looked at again just damage output wise. I'm actually convinced that they don't want to balance the game to keep everyone buying new characters, instead of letting players settle with their favorite characters and just enjoy the game. But anyway, I'm sure the jedi's time will come when they get back around to it.
  • Options
    Hmm after checking the meta report, seems like I've also forgotten Old Ben who is pretty good now after the rework.

Now if I take all the good Jedi I've listed so far, GK lead, OB, Zarriss, Kermit, Ezra, that might even be a team. Probably can just climb off the backs of all the NS teams.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    As a whole, the faction ain’t great. But Ezra, Kanan, Hermit, GK, Zarriss, zQG, and Old Ben all have their uses in many parts of the game. It ain’t all about arena.
  • Options
    Giving CLS and JTR (that is JEDI Training Rey) jedi tags would push jedi up a lot. And adding Jedi to some lead modifiers (like CLS lead being both jedi and rebel) but that does not bring in revenue.
    On the other hand, Old Ben has a unique mechanic in which his 2nd taunt goes trough buff immunity and even fracture.
    Zarris has an insane zeta
    GK is simply GK
    A lot of jedi solos are great. They are just missing that Glue... The force, it binds all things... Well, at least it should.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Well, if you have a strong preference for a specific faction you're gonna be dissapointed most of the time.
    That said, jedi certainly aren't the worst faction ingame and have always had atleast 1 very competatitive faction member.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Well, if you have a strong preference for a specific faction you're gonna be dissapointed most of the time.
    That said, jedi certainly aren't the worst faction ingame and have always had atleast 1 very competatitive faction member.
    Wow, I'm so glad the FOST is so much better and more useful than a named Jedi like Mace Windu.

Stupid me. I should just go build a clone army.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    Wow, I'm so glad the FOST is so much better and more useful than a named Jedi like Mace Windu.

**** me. I should just go build a clone army.

I'm actually kinda happy unnamed nobodies can be better than named characters.
    They did botch windu's rework though, he should have been good atleast for a brief period of time (like with anakin's and boba's reworks for example), but he still just straight up **** post rework.
  • Options

They did botch windu's rework though, he should have been good atleast for a brief period of time (like with anakin's and boba's reworks for example), but he still just straight up **** post rework.

He should expose every opponent. He has no AoE, why just expose one random opponent? That's pointless and impossible for the AI to even utilize. Then double his damage output. He'd be perhaps at least average then.
  • Options
    Have we forgotten about the mighty Jedi Knight Guardian already?!
  • Options

Yeah, I'm glad that the no names, which make up the bulk of SW, are good. But still, let's get some love for the known characters that fans relate to.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm glad that the no names, which make up the bulk of SW, are good. But still, let's get some love for the known characters that fans relate to.

The vader/palpatine rework turned out great, so you can always hope for an awesome rework. Then again, it will only be temporary, wich lbrings me back to my original comment; having strong preference leads to dissappointment.
    I view it as collateral dmg, but i can understand it's annoying for true sw fans.
  • Options

The vader/palpatine rework turned out great, so you can always hope for an awesome rework. Then again, it will only be temporary, wich lbrings me back to my original comment; having strong preference leads to dissappointment.
    I view it as collateral dmg, but i can understand it's annoying for true sw fans.
    The thing is though, EA/CG can make this game, and ALL of the toons, useful.

Truthfully, if they do that, I'm inclined to spend more money. As the game is now, I'm not.

• Options
    If you're just looking at Jedi for arena and to run a full squad... yeah, I get your point, pretty much every team can counter them on defense. The, maybe sad, truth is that the in-game Jedi are designed for younger players both in age and maturity in-game. A lot of Jedi tagged toons are used early and then you move on to other factions that are more relevant to current Star Wars themes (e.g., resistance, JTR, etc.)

QGJ did have some arena moments when they released zetas, but that has obviously come and gone. I'd also ask, just because they're you're favorite faction do they really deserve to be the strongest? If we use today's canon as the guide, they were never terribly overpowering. Maul, Dooku, Palpatine, GG, and clones whooped em.

Yes, I know Maul and GG died at the hands of Kenobi... which is probably why both of his characters are great!