Xp is nice but that isn't the reason why people don't do the droid or credit events

Skye
795 posts Member
Although it is nice that xp was added to the droid and credit events... but still I feel you the devs fail to understand why people do not do these two particular events

If you look at the standard battles... they offer a lot of other items which completely offsets the higher droid count or credit count of the events...

The biggest draw of the standard battles is actually the ability to farm character shards... This is probably the biggest reason people are going to spend their energy on these battles over the events...

The second reason and this reason may even offset what I claim to be the biggest reason is gear farming... especially as players reach the point where they need to get 20 items to build one item nevermind 50... These players are not going to be spending their energy on the events! Frankly some gear 8 and 9 requirements require a player to obtain in excess of 100 items (in some cases over 250 items) farmed off normal light, dark or cantina battles... No player in their right mind at this stage of developing their characters is going to want to do the either the training or credit events..

It probably won't matter even if you double the current payouts on the two events.. it still in most likelihood will not offset the two reasons I have outlined above..

Throw in a chance to obtain a random character shard... you may see some people start to value the two base events... otherwise for the most part... no one in their right mind is going to be doing the events over the various battle nodes.
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• It's nice to have the option when you're in a pinch. I've done both before when I had nothing else I wanted more. Yeah it probably wasn't the best way to spend 20 energy, but it got me what I needed to end the evening on a high note.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more reward for committing 20 energy to it. The rewards do seem pretty low for the payout.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • The issue is actually compounded more by the fact some of the crafting items needed to be farmed have a very very low drop rate..

e.g. mk 6 chiewab hypo syringe and the mk 3 czerka stun cuffs

The drop rate on these two is very very low... roughly 10-20% on average... which means on the rough end you spend 100 energy just to get one of these items.. and given these two particular items need 50 each generally... you are looking at spending around 5,000 energy to get everything you need to craft ONE item!

I know of someone who spent four days worth of energy (buying the 2x50 crystal energy refreshes every day) just to get all fifty items he needed for one item for Yoda! He as a good example is not going to spend time on the events cause of crafting drop rates...

NOw when you see that kinda of requirement... in numerical terms... who the heck is going to waste energy on credit or training droid events? cause in the time you spend to farm all those items you need.. you probably exceeded the credits and training droids you required... Abet when you compare like to like... the training droid and credit events are more efficient energy wise...

But in terms of time and overall efficiency, no one is going to want to do the events... especially when you hit that stage where you need one hundred and fifty Mk 6 chiewab hypo syringes for example...

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    But in terms of time and overall efficiency, no one is going to want to do the events... especially when you hit that stage where you need one hundred and fifty Mk 6 chiewab hypo syringes for example...

Sometimes whims break the efficiency model. I'm glad it's there. I've done it a couple of times. I'd love if there was more of a reward or a cheaper cost for the event though.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • The reward for both events are pretty low considering the cost.. juste today i've done the credit event 3 times and only got 3x8000 credits.. I think the event should be a LOT harder but the with a more substantial reward I mean GW type of reward. I rather work hard, face an hard challenge but be well rewarded than just doing some easy fights that the simulator could win in my place and be rewarded poorly. I feel like it's time to make this game a little bit more of a challenge for the lvl 70 players are here.
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Skye wrote: »

Sometimes whims break the efficiency model. I'm glad it's there. I've done it a couple of times. I'd love if there was more of a reward or a cheaper cost for the event though.

I think just a random shard or even a completed high tier crafting item would be sufficient enough even if the chance of getting it is like 10-20% chance.

Raising the credits and training droid I would assume would hurt their bottom line in terms of shop sales.

• Mikymate
    112 posts Member
    Yes, xp maybe can work for droids event, but for the credit one is useless. The credit crunch arrive at the ends level, at 70 you don't need any XP.
    EA, put just MORE credits and we will do this f*****g events :wink: