Territory Wars Broken for Mid-tier Guilds

Our guild is around 60M GP and the last several (8 or so?) Territory Wars have been brutal. Neither we nor our opponents can come close to clearing the board. We've been getting stonewalled after clearing 2-3 territories.

I think that we can trace this back to the last CLS event. Now that most in our guild and the guilds we play against have CLS it makes it to where it is basically impossible to clear territories. 1-2 good squads can completely block out an entire guild. Something about the mechanics of the TWs isn't right for mid-tier guilds (unless others at lower or higher GPs are having this issue, as well).

Another reason is that at mid-tiers you can have a few really strong players who can basically neutralize all of the lower level attackers. We have several in our guild who don't bother attacking because they have no chance at taking out 90-100k GP teams.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but TWs have become unbearable.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    We just hit 60m yesterday. I don't remember the total number of TW so far but we're something like 8-3, all against guilds with higher GP. This time we're up against a 74m guild and it's coming right down to the wire.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jstehly wrote: »
    Another reason is that at mid-tiers you can have a few really strong players who can basically neutralize all of the lower level attackers. We have several in our guild who don't bother attacking because they have no chance at taking out 90-100k GP teams.

This doesn't just happen at middle GP tiers. Similar things happen in my guild too, and it makes sense. If you know nothing in your roster is capable of beating or even damaging the opposing defenses, why bother? Sending in the clowns does nobody any good, and can easily strengthen the enemy position. So instead, players wait until an opportune moment to spend their strength. And when a territory is opened that has weak defenses, the piranhas attack en masse.

So yeah, what you are describing can happen. This is why a massively strong defense is the best strategy. Does that mean it's broken? Nah. But if your defense cannot stop them before they stop you, then it can definitely mean the difference between winning and losing.