Sith/Empire vs Sith/Empire

What is the best Sith/Empire to handle other Sith/Empire squads. It definitely takes GK out of the rotation and possibly Wampa unless you have God Mods.

EP Vader Thrawn DN and ShT I think gets my vote. Although I occasionally think going tankless to fit in Tarkin SA or IPD may be best.

With Ep at 21% on the meta report its time to start considering this question.

Replies

• In mirror matches between EPs, I've come to really appreciate the DT Krennic combo. If their Vader is faster than mine, he starts with his AOE... To get aoe cooldown increase in their faces. They might get an ability block 1st, but one of my time will go off and win the battle.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Goodgil wrote: »
    In mirror matches between EPs, I've come to really appreciate the DT Krennic combo. If their Vader is faster than mine, he starts with his AOE... To get aoe cooldown increase in their faces. They might get an ability block 1st, but one of my time will go off and win the battle.

I do like the fact that DT will gain lots of TM if he is not shocked when AOEs hit Krennic. It does kind of guarantee not having a tank in the squad though and then you are left with a pick'em between Starck, Tarkin, Thrawn and DN. I think I like DN best as a 5th here. I'm sure Drennic having daze helps a ton, especially on offense.
  • Which Special does Starck use first?
  • taking out of the equation ? why ? for 8 speed ? meh.
    im using EzPz, zzader, GK, Thrawn as basis, with +1 changing. sometimes MT, sometimes zTarkin, sometimes DN, TFP, Maul... whatever feel like.
    vs empire team, i can probably beat with each one of them. AI doing bad moves anyway, you have huge advantage. unless your mods are horrible, it should work.
    id say, check what do you have most in shard. is it NS ? go a sith - DN/Maul. can surprise even in defense (Maul and asajj 1v1 is never-ending battle)
    is it jRey ? well, MT is very annoying. worth a shot. also can surprise on def.
    CLS ? zTarkin/TFP can be awesome.
    Empire will be crushed by any of those.
  • Starck uses his AOE first on auto/defense.

I'm personally still running Zader/Wampa/EP/Thrawn/GK, but I'll admit I've got the mod advantage over all the Empire/Sith teams in my shard at the moment.

I think having IPD in there instead of GK might actually be the move. All the Sith/Empire use their AOEs right away so a tank isn't exactly going to be doing a whole lot. Having IPD in their with Nihilus gives you a rather high damage potential.

That brings up a question I had though, does Expose being triggered also trigger the TM gain from EP's lead? I don't have IPD yet, but I'm curious.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Starck uses his AOE first on auto/defense.

I'm personally still running Zader/Wampa/EP/Thrawn/GK, but I'll admit I've got the mod advantage over all the Empire/Sith teams in my shard at the moment.

I think having IPD in there instead of GK might actually be the move. All the Sith/Empire use their AOEs right away so a tank isn't exactly going to be doing a whole lot. Having IPD in their with Nihilus gives you a rather high damage potential.

That brings up a question I had though, does Expose being triggered also trigger the TM gain from EP's lead? I don't have IPD yet, but I'm curious.

It does on Zid, so yes.
  • I am running zzpalp, vader, tarkin, trawn and shore along four days only... XD so could be wrong...
    Yesterday i tried to battle one empire team with DN instead of tarkin that outspeeded my team by a lot (vader included)... I got totally crushed xD
    Today something cames to my mind, why not swap to trawn leader to get TM from their debuffs instead of mines? Since he will outspeed me anyway and dont let me move? XD

Just a soooo easy win... If u have a mirror match just use trawn leader, everytime enemy aoe debuff ur whole team will go after that xD

Sadly i think it will be a total disaster in defense... Because once ur debuffed team get his turn they will just selfcleanse to feed enemy TM, so i swaped to palp in the next battle against NS or JTR (cant remember xD)
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Starck uses his AOE first on auto/defense.

It does on Zid, so yes.

Thanks, I don't have EP's zeta lead yet as I'm just gonna try and play with my Wampa for as long as I can haha.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    taking out of the equation ? why ? for 8 speed ? meh.
    im using EzPz, zzader, GK, Thrawn as basis, with +1 changing. sometimes MT, sometimes zTarkin, sometimes DN, TFP, Maul... whatever feel like.
    vs empire team, i can probably beat with each one of them. AI doing bad moves anyway, you have huge advantage. unless your mods are horrible, it should work.
    id say, check what do you have most in shard. is it NS ? go a sith - DN/Maul. can surprise even in defense (Maul and asajj 1v1 is never-ending battle)

GK is 16 speed. Their Vader gets 8 fast and yours gets 8 slower. In general the faster Vader will win.
    ewqewqc wrote: »

GK is 16 speed. Their Vader gets 8 fast and yours gets 8 slower. In general the faster Vader will win.

So with that in mind, anyone tried putting Maul into their zEP team? As someone who's been running Wampa + Zader, Wampa's AOE daze does wonders against these EP leads. Maul could do the same, but wouldn't sacrifice any of Vader's speed. He might be a bit slow for the job though...
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

So with that in mind, anyone tried putting Maul into their zEP team? As someone who's been running Wampa + Zader, Wampa's AOE daze does wonders against these EP leads. Maul could do the same, but wouldn't sacrifice any of Vader's speed. He might be a bit slow for the job though...

Maul is pretty slow and squishy. I don't see him being useful. I would take the 8 speed hit to use wampa instead and live with wampa gaining no TM. Otherwise I would look at DT and Krennic for daze. DT can spread daze quickly. Between daze and shock you would hit most of the squad in no time.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think EP DV DT DN IPD could be a good squad. That is a trainload of DPS somewhere along the way. Yep I think this is the secret sauce. DV will go 1st and feed IPD TM. IPD will remove TM from their squad target lock them and top off your squad. Then DN and DT will double rip cool downs as EP stuns them all. Game set match, perfect tm chain.
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

Maul is pretty slow and squishy. I don't see him being useful. I would take the 8 speed hit to use wampa instead and live with wampa gaining no TM. Otherwise I would look at DT and Krennic for daze. DT can spread daze quickly. Between daze and shock you would hit most of the squad in no time.

Fair enough, I just figured it might be worth a try if you could get Maul to go fast enough that he'd be pushed to 100% TM after Vader's initial TM crunch, but I know that might be a bit difficult, however if you did have the mods for it you could get an AOE daze stopping all the enemies TM gain right away which could put you at a huge advantage early in the battle.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Would Thrawn Lead help with all the debuffs going around?
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Would Thrawn Lead help with all the debuffs going around?

No. Ep lead wrecks Thrawn. The AI cleanses the debuffs feeding TM to Ep and Co.
  • I use trawn leader in ofense against vaders who outspeed me, after vaders aoe everyone in my squad is 100% TM, as well as tarkin aoe or wathever xD

Just dont use the trawn leader selfcleanse or they all will go after that...

The problem is defense, where everyone in ur squad will selfcleanse everytime they can... So just for offense against mirror match, then swich to palp in ur next attemp xD