Territoy War

Was fun when it was shiny, but now it is down right awful. They're extremely one sided. The rewards are not even worth the effort it takes to activate my app.

Replies

• I agree completely. Matchmaking is broken unfortunately. It was a cool idea in concept.
  • Jac_GL wrote: »
    I agree completely. Matchmaking is broken unfortunately. It was a cool idea in concept.

Just like a lot of other things, fails in practice.
  • As usual, lets not give any context and assume everyone has psychic abilities and knows whats going on
  • Those who win, like it. Those who lose, do not.
    Like every other part of the game. Move along.
  • "wE wANt mORe wAyS to eArn ZETAS."

*le cg makes zetas obtainable more easily, not to mention for free.

"StOP tHis oNe sIDed fAiluRe of a gAmE mODe."
  • I'm assuming that you play the game (this assumption doesn't necessitate esp, as you should be playing the same game I am), I'm not complaining out of my hatred for failure. 1 day to preview the battlefield? Same battlefield as always. It should be a 2 day event tops, one for defense, the other for offense. I think they released TW too soon after TB to keep things "fresh". But it was way too soon. As nice as it is to gain zeta materials faster, by 2-4 a week, it could've been incorporated for TB rewards too.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Wait, so you don't like that the event is 3 days instead of 2? The first day just gives everyone a chance to get in. Why is this a problem?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Our guild used to have a 6:1 record, then we started getting paired with guilds who posted defenses far superior to ours AND stomped our own defenses. We have lost the past 4 or 5 in a row, all like this. It really does feel unfair and is no longer much fun.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wait, so you don't like that the event is 3 days instead of 2? The first day just gives everyone a chance to get in. Why is this a problem?

My issue is with the event overall, but more specifically the power difference. We either wipe them out or are wiped out. I think we only had one where our guilds were equally matched.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Valariel wrote: »
    Our guild used to have a 6:1 record, then we started getting paired with guilds who posted defenses far superior to ours AND stomped our own defenses. We have lost the past 4 or 5 in a row, all like this. It really does feel unfair and is no longer much fun.

win/loss ratio: 6/1, all rainbows and sunshine.
    win/loss ratio: 6/6 or 6/5, it really does feel unfair.
    Now tell me that isn't funny.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Valariel wrote: »

win/loss ratio: 6/1, all rainbows and sunshine.
    win/loss ratio: 6/6 or 6/5, it really does feel unfair.
    Now tell me that isn't funny.

More ironic than funny.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

My issue is with the event overall, but more specifically the power difference. We either wipe them out or are wiped out. I think we only had one where our guilds were equally matched.

Ok fine, but again, here's what you said and what I responded to:
    1 day to preview the battlefield? Same battlefield as always. It should be a 2 day event tops, one for defense, the other for offense.

Again, why is this a problem? The preview phase is poorly named, because it's not a preview phase, it's a sign up phase. Everyone has 24 hours. What's the issue?

1 day to preview the battlefield? Same battlefield as always. It should be a 2 day event tops, one for defense, the other for offense.

Again, why is this a problem? The preview phase is poorly named, because it's not a preview phase, it's a sign up phase. Everyone has 24 hours. What's the issue?

As for that, why not combine the two? Going to deploy units would make you sign up anyway. Realistically, we don't need a whole 24hrs just to sign up.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    That's a better point. I don't see a problem with that.
    That's a better point. I don't see a problem with that.

Not an exact problem, more a minor irritation, border line pet peeve, intended to be an after thought, than an addition.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    No I meant I agreed with you and I don't know why it couldn't be done. Sign up and set defense in the same 24 hour period.
    No I meant I agreed with you and I don't know why it couldn't be done. Sign up and set defense in the same 24 hour period.

Sorry, it has been a long morning, 6 hours and I'm already exhausted.
  • Join a guild that feels the same way you do and doesn’t participate. Hitting join and then doing nothing is worth the zetas alone
  • Join a guild that feels the same way you do and doesn’t participate. Hitting join and then doing nothing is worth the zetas alone

I participate, not thrilled, but I try. It gets discouraging seeing 2 rows of arena gladiators and we can't even muster up one at times. It never seems like a fair fight. Kinda boring.

As for that, why not combine the two? Going to deploy units would make you sign up anyway. Realistically, we don't need a whole 24hrs just to sign up.

Agree, we should be able to put in defense when we join the TW, no need to wait 24 hours. Whatever though.
  • The idea I believe is to give officers time to place orders in case they can't be on immediately when it opens
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    The idea I believe is to give officers time to place orders in case they can't be on immediately when it opens

Which is fine for the first TW. By now a solid strategy should be in place. Not to mention the duration of TB to fine tune things for future strategy.