I’m a 40yo Minor!

Recently my teenager downloaded GoH on my iPad and logged in with his game centre iD whilst we were on holiday. I quite liked the game so I decided to play it on my Game Center iD.
I don’t remember it asking my age or anything I just worked my way up to Guild Lvl. In fact I didn’t really pay much attention to guilds until I was around lvl60.

When I started poking around I found a guild that seemed ok but with no chat function I couldn’t quite see how officers were organising the raids. It wasn’t until I was looking on the forums to see how to change my game name that I found there was meant to be a chat function.

And then the bombshell from GoH support that I have a minor acc and there’s no way I can see the chat. In fact they admitted that there’s no in game mechanics to swap a minor account to a full account!

So how do teenagers who turn 18 upgrade their accounts, and middle aged scoundrels like me (and there’s a few when checking this forum) who have these restricted accounts through no fault of there own get this sorted?

Come on EA sort this mess out!

Replies

• Use another Apple device, log into your Game Centre on that Device, then enter SWGOH from that Device.
  • If you can't sort this out (short of new game center and new account starting again) I would advise you to to join a guild through the guild forum section of the game. Look for one that deals through a chat app through line or discord and use this external app to communicate with the guild.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Use another Apple device, log into your Game Centre on that Device, then enter SWGOH from that Device.

Tried that buddy doesn’t work. The only thing that works is starting again with a new Game Center acc. But that’s the last thing I want to do is keep swapping GC iD’s plus I have have brought the odd pack too so I’d lose that also

It needs the developer to fix it!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't think the devs are planning to resolve this issue. It's probably because of legal concerns. So yea, hopefully your kid is close to becomming an adult ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Largada wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Use another Apple device, log into your Game Centre on that Device, then enter SWGOH from that Device.

Tried that buddy doesn’t work. The only thing that works is starting again with a new Game Center acc. But that’s the last thing I want to do is keep swapping GC iD’s plus I have have brought the odd pack too so I’d lose that also

It needs the developer to fix it!

If that doesn't work, the only solution left to try is resetting device to factory settings to trigger FTUE.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/861850/#Comment_861850
  • Email them customerexperience@ea.com
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    If that doesn't work, the only solution left to try is resetting device to factory settings to trigger FTUE.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/861850/#Comment_861850

Mm thanks for the advise. Can’t say I’m too thrilled about hard reset on my iPad. Not sure it would work anyway. I installed it on my phone and as soon which I’ve never played it on and there was no guild chat still

Dev who came up with this idea of not being able to change it...... what a guy :/

Thanks for the suggestions bud