So I'm assuming GK-Zarriss is gone for good?

I got to zeta my Barriss literally days before JTR took over arena. My dreams all collapsed within days... I guess I can still use her in TW... Do you guys see any other use for Zarriss in the current meta? Maybe with Hermit and QGJ? Or is she done for good?

Replies

• Not gone at all. Just get lucky on some good mods with high speed secondaries. Any team is beatable.
  • Whilst her days in arena seem pretty numbered at the moment.. A wall of zarris teams will always be an effective approach in TW... aswell as other pve events and TB
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I wouldn't even try to make here usefull in arena right now. That said, she's a nice addition to any roster. Like saraleb said, she's still usefull outside of arena. I zeta'd her recently just for TW.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Gone. Completely. NO meta team struggle against them (If the player knows who to kill first)
  • The GK/Barriss meta threatened to disappear once and then came back. I wouldn't discount it and right now it's very effective elsewhere.

Would not shock me in the least to see it on the comeback if/when jedi get reworked. It's one of those combos that isn't reliant on 4-5 specific team members and can slot into teams in a variety of ways.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    The GK/Barriss meta threatened to disappear once and then came back. I wouldn't discount it and right now it's very effective elsewhere.

Would not shock me in the least to see it on the comeback if/when jedi get reworked. It's one of those combos that isn't reliant on 4-5 specific team members and can slot into teams in a variety of ways.

I agree - all it takes is for the devs to throw out another lame Rebel crit-heavy meta, which they like to do (Wiggs first, then CLS / Han after that). So when lame Rebel crit damage team version #3 with +150 passive speed boosts from uniques comes out and 85% of the top 50 runs this team...then GK / Barriss will be money.
  • I still using Gen Zariss with CLS and Still place top 50
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#all

3% on the current meta report. Still there. And that doesn't sound like much, but she's above Acolyte, just to pick one out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    GK, Zarris, R2, DN and Zolo still beat RJT easily on offense (but drop further on defense than before JRT and EP/Vader reworks).

... aaaand Zarriss' healing neutralizes plague from NS.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    GK, Zarris, R2, DN and Zolo still beat RJT easily on offense (but drop further on defense than before JRT and EP/Vader reworks).

But that's the crux of the entire question regarding arena viability. Most teams that have decent synergy can win fairly consistently on offense (unless, of course, they are have bad RNG or run into a whale god-modded team or the perfect counter team). The issue is will it "hold" on defense. And "hold" really only means "not paint a huge target on your back" because of the first point.

Arena viability is not so much about winning on offense as it is looking scary enough on defense that people would rather attack someone else. Zarris no longer scares anybody. Palp lead with a fast Vader at his side does. That's why the latter holds, while the former drops like a rock.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui wrote: »

... aaaand Zarriss' healing neutralizes plague from NS.

Problem is I bet most JTR teams will just press auto against zarriss. Zarriss is meant to be the counter to NS but they can beat Zarriss as well.
  • Crowny wrote: »
    Not gone at all. Just get lucky on some good mods with high speed secondaries. Any team is beatable.

This.

Everything is relative.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

But that's the crux of the entire question regarding arena viability.

The questions were wether there's still a use for her or wether she's gone for good. :—)

Many people doomed her dead as soon as JTR arrived. Some gamechangers posted movies with her loosing on offense against JTR. However most of them still used CLS in those movies instead of Zolo. I still used her for weeks after JTR arrived, and I reached top 3 regularly still.
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think zBarriss scares anyone, but if she is part of a tanky team you might not be able to kill everyone before the 5-minute timer expires. That is something people consider when attacking.
  • It's probably dead for good. Eventually everyone will have IPD and just blow it up.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    It's probably dead for good. Eventually everyone will have IPD and just blow it up.

Doesn't Probe droid only do 99,999 damage? I imagine if we make it to gear 13 and 7 dot mods that that won't take out a character anymore. Seeing as how some of us are getting 2 shards per TB, gear 13 might be here by the time I unlock it, much less 7 star it
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Throw her in the Pit of Carkoon.
  • GK/Zarriss dead?

Didn't they say they same thing about Rex lead teams?
  • Pseudot wrote: »
    GK/Zarriss dead?

Except rey has locked heal immunity and GK is dead weight vs nightsisters
  • If you have a GK lead with Zarriss and Fives with a couple high dps characters like wiggs or chaze or scav rey, your team will be the biggest nuisance to fight.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Pseudot wrote: »
    GK/Zarriss dead?

they said the same thing about rex vs the meta at the time. Yet here i am, using rex lead once again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    leef wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Pseudot wrote: »
    GK/Zarriss dead?

they said the same thing about rex vs the meta at the time. Yet here i am, using rex lead once again.

But when was Rex really countered? They said what they said cause Rex in a way relied on crits and Nihilus provided a lead that prevented sith from critting. However this logic was always wrong because people failed to realize that most Sith are squishy and they relied to debuffs. This means that Rex, if anything was a counter because of his cleanse and tenacity up buff, which basically counters Sith.