What Are Some Unique Teams That Are Viable in Arena?

2Next

Replies

• I was toying with a Teebo (L), Poggle, Geo Soldier, IG-86/QGJ, HK/Lumi/88 build and may eventually experiment with it. Idea is that the random stealth and turn meter will help protect the dangerous damage dealers, buffers, and healers long enough to clear the board. But I am not ready yet so I still use the standard Sid/Lumi/Poe/Poggle/GS build.

I wonder if a team of Barriss (L), Dooku, Grievous, Fives, and HK-47 wouldn't just be annoying as all hell but it will take me months, maybe years, to try it.
  • sevenmelons
    215 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Koth wrote: »
    VIII wrote: »
    Working as an offence is one thing , just choosing the right hero's against your opponent it's when your on defence it's really hard to tell which team is perfect, I run with QGJ as leader
    Lumi
    Sid
    Dooku
    GS
    And they work great for me,But I'm farming other hero's to mix it up

Quick question... why QGJ as leader? Only he and Lumi will get any benefit from his leader ability, surely you are better off with either Sid or Lumi as leader as they benefit the entire squad.

Even if QGJ is alone hes still good as lead. They point is you need to set off his assist attack before your enemy team can, taking out 1 of his dps 1st turn.

Im running QGJ, sid, dooku, GS and FOTP and still QGJ is lead. Speed wins this arena 90% of the time.
  • Unfortunately because speed is so important in meta, specifically you want to go first with at least 1 or 2 of your toons, you have integrate heroes that have abilities to let you do so, so you can either kill 1 or 2 enemies or at least protect your toons.

An alternative is a gamble and have Daka and hope she revives your fallen teammates, but not guaranteed. Ewok Elder can also do this a bit more reliably, but he doesn't self rez and he can be 1-2 shotted.

So with that being said. I usually ensure I include Yoda in my team so that I resist "Exposed", DoT, etc., but even that's a gamble. Regardless having Yoda always go first increases my odds of winning, that is if QGJ is leader, which makes him a necessity. I understand that not everyone has Yoda, but there are other options too.

Lobot lead with droid squad (HK-47, IG-86, IG-87) seems plausible too.

Unfortunately with the Poe nerf many characters now will go before Poe and can kill him before he uses special.

Reason people keep using Sidious is because of high speed and he will go before Poe, and even if he is damaged as soon as any toon dies, foe or friend, he is going to heal.

Phasma is also a good choice, not just for lead ability, but she has high HP and Victory March for turn meter control.

Admiral Ackbar is good for a rebel squad, his leader ability gives speed and Tactical Genius gives 100% turn meter to random toon, but his damage is poop. If you combine him with Han, you will have some good turn meter control, add Phasma to this mix and it can be a difficult squad to beat.

Anything outside speed is going to be a gamble and very risky. The key is to survive round 1 of your opponent's damage and if you let their Poe to go first, then your whole squad goes kaput.

• I'm running QGJ (L), Anakin, Rey , Poe, and ST Han. At 22.5k power I took #1 in arena for the first time from a 27.5k power DPS speed team and held it against sniping for over an hour at payout time. GS is my kryptonite unless QGJ calls Han.
  • Come to think of it, I'd like to know if anybody has tried this:

Ackbar (L)
    Han
    Phasma
    Leia
    Poe
  • I wanna see a Boba led, Leia, IG86, IG88, Poggle team. It seems like crit mayhem, especially when you voltron Poggle buff, Leia buff, Boba debuff, and get 88 to lay down aoe fire. Could be 12k across the board or more, probably more.
  • Asajj (L), Old Daka, ST Han, QGJ, GS.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Fher wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I'd like to know if anybody has tried this:

Ackbar (L)
    Han
    Phasma
    Leia
    Poe

Don't think it will work with both Han and Poe, you need another DPS besides squishy Leia
  • Any not too slow team is viable,

I ran First order team
    Jedi team
    droid team

I was working on a scoundrel team, but with level cap increase I have to cancel my plans on leveling different toons
  • I run this.

Ackbar(L) 7*
    Han 6*
    Clone Sergeant 5*
    Dooku 6*
    Lumi 7*

Easy when on offense. Top 100 can prolly go top 50 easily as well but drop like a rock on defense to 160+ so the 5 battle climb is back to top 100.
  • On the first server go of this game I was all over the map about what toons to unlock. I didn't want Sid due to his over whelming popularity, and seemingly unlocked everyone else in his category. I figured JC would be just as good Lumara so didn't bother with her but was sadly mistaken. I had unlocked Biggs and Elder from free pulls so kept them up with Chewy and Ewok Scout.

My arena party now which looks like this, and don't ask.

Phasma, FOO, Ren, Elder, JC/Biggs/Sid (far behind)

I've now went to a new server, and am just like wow at the rankings, and working on build of scoundrel or fett or IG88 with lando match party dance.
  • I'm curious about having a counter/stun/speed down team:
    Fives
    FOST
    IG-100
    Dooku
    Leader: perhaps Phasma for her speed down AOE.

The stuns and speed down helps to slow down speed teams, while the counters do a lot of additional damage to AOE users. While most of the characters are slow (except Dooku), they have relatively high levels of HP (again except Dooku) , so hopefully they can last past the first round, especially against a fast team, while getting several counters in. After the first round, they should have slowed down/stunned the other team enough to make the speeds more even.
  • Sidious(Lead)
    Greedo
    Luke
    RG
    Lando
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Push the resistance!

Poe (leader)
    Rey
    Resistance Pilot
    Mace Windu
    luminari or phasma
  • Ima-Gun Di (L), Fives, Aayla, Fisto and FO Stormtrooper

5 tanks with high-chance of counter, stun, speed down, assist attack, defense up.

Counter chance, following the order: 35%, 70%, 100%, 70%, 60%

IG-100 could come in too. 45% counter, 16k HP and nice offensive abilities.

Unfortunately I miss Ima-Gun Di :(
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Probably my favorite thing about this game is that, if you put in enough time and resources, any characters can be viable.
    Teebo and Greedo can beat Luke and Vader any given Sunday.
    We're only limited by our imagination, by what's farmable, and by the stupidly tiny batteries in our modern anorexic smartphones.
  • QGJ, Leia, Rey, Old Ben, Aayla
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Leia
    Lando
    Han
    RG

Ackbar
    Leia
    Han
    GS
    Rey

QGJ
    GS
    Maul
    RG

GG
    GS
    QGJ

5s
    Aayala
    Kylo
    Poggle
    GG

Lumi
    Daka
    Ewok Elder
    Boba
    RG
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • As the game gets older it's,going to be harder to experiment and do well in arena. You just won't make it against full 7* full gear teams until your own are the same. The grind will wind up limiting a lot of things
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Turn meter/Extra attack team :

- Phasma L
    - Dooku
    - Fives
    - ST Han
    - Either Lumi or a damage dealer like 86 or GS
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am thinking about a stunlock team: Dooku lead, Daka, Royal Guard,URoRRuR’R’R and Ventress. All of them can stun with a basic attack and Dooku with his special attack.
  • Koth wrote: »
    Working as an offence is one thing , just choosing the right hero's against your opponent it's when your on defence it's really hard to tell which team is perfect, I run with QGJ as leader
    Lumi
    Sid
    Dooku
    GS

Quick question... why QGJ as leader? Only he and Lumi will get any benefit from his leader ability, surely you are better off with either Sid or Lumi as leader as they benefit the entire squad.

It's for first strike ability against all characters except QGJ speed boosted Yoda and Dooku.
  • ichotolot wrote: »
    I am thinking about a stunlock team: Dooku lead, Daka, Royal Guard,URoRRuR’R’R and Ventress. All of them can stun with a basic attack and Dooku with his special attack.

A better stun team is Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, RG, Geo.
  • Offensive team
    Plasma
    Savage
    Kylo
    Daka
    Dooku (anti jedi)
  • Just theorycrsft, but Nute, Datcha, Leia (Nightsister Acolyte if FTP) and Fives + kylo sounds fun. If you go stealth, then they have to attack your counter attackers while stealth guys kill you. Savage Oppress might work too, not counter but get buffed when hit.

In May or June I want to play Vader (L) with Snow trooper, Magma Trooper, maybe Royal Guard and Veers. Add Pslpatine if he is released.
  • Koth wrote: »
    Lumi
    Sid
    Dooku
    GS

QGJ is worth as L even if he is alone. Guarantee you to start 5 vs 4 as he goles first and kills someone with the assist