Mods and Guild Store questions

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1) On Mods - does it make a difference if I receive a 5 star mod vs a 5 star gold mod? For example, I recently got a 5 star white mod with speed arrow, I upgraded it to lvl 15 and it become a gold mod with +30 Speed! This is my 2nd best mod now but I had discarded it because it's white I would never have gotten it. Does the color mater or is it just the number of dots and the stats (I understand speed + critical damage are generally considered the best)

2) The guild store, the one with yellow tokens you get from imperial battles, I have about 4000 of this currency, there's a ton of gear there and characters, I think the yoda and wampa shards are too expensive and I'm only lvl 77 so really could use the gear, what is the best way to spend this currency ? Gear or characters or ship shards? I've been doing mostly ships and gear so far.

This is my character if you need to see it: https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

Thanks!

Replies

• 1) A gold mod starts with 4 secondary stats while a white mod starts with none. When you level the mod to 3, 6, 9, and 12 a secondary stat on the gold mod will grow, on the white mod new secondary stats will appear. The total quantum of secondary stats will be higher on a gold mod. With a white mod you don't know what secondary stats you are going to get.

2) lot of opinions on this and it depends on what your guild event token income is like.
  • The color of the mod depends on how many secondary stats have been unlocked. A speed arrow, regardless of color, is the best mod in the game. Even a 3* arrow speed mod outweights 99% of higher star mods on the same spot.
    When you "pull" a colored mod it means 2 things:
    1. You can see one/more stats that your mod will have, which gives you an advantage of knowing how it will fit in your builds (a gold mod will have all stats already shown)
    2. A colored mod gives a boost to the shown stats as it levels up (this means that if you pull a white arrow with speed primary and protection/health/crit chance/potency and another speed arrow with same stats but gold on pull, the gold one will have significantly better numbers (example the white one when lvl 15 will have 1.56% crit chance while the gold will have 3.02%). The exact number of leveling up a stat is random, so you have to level a mod to know (I believe leveling is done 6/9/12 level of the mod). This only affects SECONDARY stat. The primary stat is always the same, gold or white.

As for the guild shop, I am in the same boat. I definitely want Wampa but at the moment I will hold on to all my tokens and wait for lvl 85 to see what will happen with the shop (probably going to have the option of buying higher level items). The choice is yours. Get a boost now or play it patiently and perhaps get a better reward later on.
  • Ah okay so if I get a speed white arrow then it's always worth levelling but with other mods I have to use my judgement and gambling skills ? :)

Is white mod with speed secondary also worth levelling?

Can other mods have speed primaries or only arrows ?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Ah okay so if I get a speed white arrow then it's always worth levelling but with other mods I have to use my judgement and gambling skills ? :)

Arrows are the only mod with a speed primary.

There will never be a white mod with a secondary. Mods change colour when they get their first secondary at level 3.

Generally on the left hand side of the mod table the primaries are fixed (or in case of circle there are only two options) so I'm very fussy for the right secondaries. On the right hand side of thr mod table there is a choice of primaries so I'm less fussy about what the secondary stats are.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Ah okay so if I get a speed white arrow then it's always worth levelling but with other mods I have to use my judgement and gambling skills ? :)

Only arrows can have speed primaries. You will also want to keep any triangles with crit damage primaries as that is usually the best triangle mod.

Any mod with a speed secondary is good. White mods that don't show any secondaries can have a max speed of 5, and whatever it shows up as when it shows up is how it stays. Colored mods that show speed as a secondary have a chance to improve and can go up by as much as +6 at a time

Green mod 1 secondary if it's speed will always increase at lvl 3 max 11 if start at 5 speed

Blue mod 2 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 and 6 max 17 if start at 5 speed

Purple 3 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 6 and 9 max 23 if start at 5 speed

Gold 4 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 6 9 and 12 max 29 if start at 5 speed

Because it picks the stat it upgrades at random sometimes you do get the higher grade mods and don't get any speed increases
  • Darthpedro wrote: »

Only arrows can have speed primaries. You will also want to keep any triangles with crit damage primaries as that is usually the best triangle mod.

Any mod with a speed secondary is good. White mods that don't show any secondaries can have a max speed of 5, and whatever it shows up as when it shows up is how it stays. Colored mods that show speed as a secondary have a chance to improve and can go up by as much as +6 at a time

Green mod 1 secondary if it's speed will always increase at lvl 3 max 11 if start at 5 speed

Blue mod 2 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 and 6 max 17 if start at 5 speed

Purple 3 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 6 and 9 max 23 if start at 5 speed

Gold 4 secondaries chance to increase at lvl 3 6 9 and 12 max 29 if start at 5 speed

Because it picks the stat it upgrades at random sometimes you do get the higher grade mods and don't get any speed increases

This is really helpful thank you.
  • Yeah, a good rule to follow is never upgrade a mod that doesn't already show a speed secondary. Never upgrade an E mod, period. I wish I had known sooner; would have saved a ton of credits...
  • Yeah, a good rule to follow is never upgrade a mod that doesn't already show a speed secondary. Never upgrade an E mod, period. I wish I had known sooner; would have saved a ton of credits...

I disagree with this to a point if you need to to mod a character and don't have any mods with speed secondaries the right set and primary can be helpful. A crit damage triangle with no speed secondary is better than a defense triangle with 7 speed on lots of characters in my opinion. Also pilots stats on the mods don't matter just the fact that they are 5 dot lvl 15. I still avoid them most of the time but I've started using them more and more for territory battles/wars because I've been farming deathtrooper and the vets for sooo long