10) TFP
11) Storm
12) Veers
13) RG
14) Snow
15) Magma
16) Gar
17) Super Comando

General quality of toons, relative to investment needed to obtain.

Replies

• I'd put RG a little higher, personally.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hmm, because empire has a sub-group (troopers) this one is hard to do and I kinda disagree with you.

My mostly junk troopers team (everyone but Shore (who is g12) is gear 8-9) ruins DS TB. Veers zeta is one of if not the best DS zeta available. Veers, Starck, Snow, Death and Shore will beat anything on TB or PVE.

You should put brackets around them like you did with Sith.

I agree with the top 3 and the bottom 3.

Snow should be higher, huge damage and phenomenal at all areas except Arena (and great against NS teams in arena).

RG should be lower ... at least once you get to end game. His stun is nice, but his taunt isn't useful the way it is currently set-up.

TFP is easy to gear and easy to get and has a great, very fast ship.

I think the groups are

1-3 A+
    4 A
    5-14 A-
    15-17 C

Inside of those groups I would argue the exact order, but the groupings are right
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Hmm, because empire has a sub-group (troopers) this one is hard to do and I kinda disagree with you.

My mostly junk troopers team (everyone but Shore (who is g12) is gear 8-9) ruins DS TB. Veers zeta is one of if not the best DS zeta available. Veers, Starck, Snow, Death and Shore will beat anything on TB or PVE.

Snow should be higher, huge damage and phenomenal at all areas except Arena (and great against NS teams in arena).

RG should be lower ... at least once you get to end game. His stun is nice, but his taunt isn't useful the way it is currently set-up.

I think the groups are

1-3 A+
    4 A
    5-14 A-
    15-17 C

Inside of those groups I would argue the exact order, but the groupings are right

RG saving grace is his special under Thrawn lead with ShT. His buffs are integral to making ShT immortal. He is often modded wrong. Which I think lessens peoples opinion on him. That being said I still have him 13/17 lol.
  • Hmm, because empire has a sub-group (troopers) this one is hard to do and I kinda disagree with you.

I think the groups are

1-3 A+
    4 A
    5-14 A-
    15-17 C

Agreed. Nice that storm is up there. And isc is better than gar esp for Tb.
  • Most of them are mandatory or too good to pass up so I rank them all as 1st. Lol
  • Is this ranking based on the assumption that Krennic is in a team without DT? Would he be higher if paired with DT?
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Rankings are very hard to do, empire has more awesome leader abilities than any other group. And most of them are great in certain combos and not so good with others. Add to that that empire only has one team up DK with DT and two of the worst toons for the empire do have a great ship (but all 3 are expensive farms).

For example, on offense IPD (even without zeta) under an EP lead with DT is an A+ toon. EP uses his health drain, IPD uses his annihilate (or whatever its called) and then DT can deathmark immediately. On defense that same set-up, EP won't use his health drain, then IPD can't annihilate and then DT can't place deathmark. Still a great team, but no where near as affective. Put the zeta on IPD and then him staying alive isn't as big a problem but still limits DT benefit on that team.

IPD without zeta on a team without EP (even on offense) is probably an A- toon (which is still really good). Give him a zeta and he is an A toon on almost any team (including non-empire squads).

Edit - with all the leads, some toons are great under one lead, but not so good under another.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    These ratings can be skewed dramatically based on team composition...

Veers jumps up a lot when he’s zeta’d and leading troopers... as does snow in that team

Krennic & DT with zetas are a strong combo... together worth more than each individually (usually)

...overall it’s pretty accurate though :)
  • Isn't Thrawn the best?
    MS
  • Isn't Thrawn the best?

Yes, when looking at overall usefulness.

There's a reason why you don't see Vader or Palp in a JTR squad.
  • Isn't Thrawn the best?

Not since the reworks. In fact I even second guessed putting him above IPD. Vader and EP are absolutely ridiculous after their reworks. They're the only comp that can climb through any other squad with ease. All of the best empire arena comps include Vader and EP. You can't get by without them. Thrawn's lack of AOE debuffs really hurts his synergy with empire right now. Outside of empire groups he probably performs the best and his lead is good for TW/TB. Those are the reasons he gets to stay in the top tier. I just can't in my right mind put him above a toon that 350 speed who is also Darth Vader.
  • Oh, I was thinking of their overall performance, because Thrawn is used in almost every team in Arena
    MS
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'd still rate thrawn #1
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Oh, I was thinking of their overall performance, because Thrawn is used in almost every team in Arena

I think the main distinction to make here is that EP lead Vader is so valuable in top end arena right now, that everything else becomes peripheral. The fact that Thrawn is the most valuable in fleet and best in non empire comps, doesn't make up for the fact that EP and Vader can steamroll NS, RJT, CLS, Thrawn and Rex leads.

• Just looking at that list shows me how awesome empire are snow trooper is class and he's near bottom of the list lol
  • Veers should be much further up though
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Isn't Thrawn the best?

Not since the reworks. In fact I even second guessed putting him above IPD. Vader and EP are absolutely ridiculous after their reworks. They're the only comp that can climb through any other squad with ease. All of the best empire arena comps include Vader and EP. You can't get by without them. Thrawn's lack of AOE debuffs really hurts his synergy with empire right now. Outside of empire groups he probably performs the best and his lead is good for TW/TB. Those are the reasons he gets to stay in the top tier. I just can't in my right mind put him above a toon that 350 speed who is also Darth Vader.

Are you basing this just on arena? EP #1 overall seems way off if not - no ship, not very flexible even in arena since he loses a lot as a non-leader. He's ok in raids at best as of now. We know arena metas come and go, he won't have much value soon when he can't be used as a leader in arena. DV with no EP leader will likely fall off back to the abyss of arena uselessness since his kit still stinks, it's just so tightly linked to EP's zeta. Thrawn is dominant in all aspects of the game and incredibly flexible as a leader, as a non-leader, and in or out of his faction. I'd happily start a team with Thrawn as my anchor over IPD or EP 100 times out of 100.

EP leads also don't really bring anything new to Empire if you already had Empire built for top end arena. Thrawn's leader already could beat CLS. Troopers already drilled NS. EP lead no zeta or Thrawn's lead already beat RJT, and bad with IPD. Empire has been kicking meta rear end well before the reworks. The EP zeta is good, but it's not really bringing you anything new to the game as a long-time Empire / Sith user. DS TB could already be cleared easily with EP / DV prior to the reworks. HAAT could be solo'd by Vader / Wampa before reworks. Arena Empire could already beat all.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Isn't Thrawn the best?

Are you basing this just on arena? EP #1 overall seems way off if not - no ship, not very flexible even in arena since he loses a lot as a non-leader. He's ok in raids at best as of now. We know arena metas come and go, he won't have much value soon when he can't be used as a leader in arena. DV with no EP leader will likely fall off back to the abyss of arena uselessness since his kit still stinks, it's just so tightly linked to EP's zeta. Thrawn is dominant in all aspects of the game and incredibly flexible as a leader, as a non-leader, and in or out of his faction. I'd happily start a team with Thrawn as my anchor over IPD or EP 100 times out of 100.

EP leads also don't really bring anything new to Empire if you already had Empire built for top end arena. Thrawn's leader already could beat CLS. Troopers already drilled NS. EP lead no zeta or Thrawn's lead already beat RJT, and bad with IPD. Empire has been kicking meta rear end well before the reworks. The EP zeta is good, but it's not really bringing you anything new to the game as a long-time Empire / Sith user. DS TB could already be cleared easily with EP / DV prior to the reworks. HAAT could be solo'd by Vader / Wampa before reworks. Arena Empire could already beat all.

Before Ep came along there wasn't a single empire comp with meta hopes. Saying different combinations of these 17 toons can beat anything doesn't really mean much. zEP lead can construct multiple empire/Sith comps that beat everything handily. Not to mention Ep lead flattens Thrawn lead.

Long term Thrawn has been great, but these are current empire rankings. The mechanics of Ep are insane and they will not just be memed away overnight. Proactive group TM gain is helping close the loop on individual toons TM gain. With IPD empire isn't going to worry about tenacity up coming to ruin the party. Ep Dv DN IPD and DT can chew trough any amount of tenacity up, any amount of healing, they are incredibly durable due to Ep lead and they have so much TM gain you can't out run them. Thrawn lead mechanics are much different. They are reactive, not proactive, so you can't just flatten teams out of the gate. This pretty much leaves the door open to bad AI making them sitting ducks on defense.

I'm not saying that Thrawn isn't a great toon. There is a reason he makes my top tier with Ep and Vader. His fracture is completely unique and his Capitol ship is a no brainer if you have it. Thrawns real value is as an arena support toon that can fracture a key piece in the enemy squad. However it still doesn't compare to the zEP train with the Vader engine.

I also don't think it's fair to assume Vader just falls away if zEP gets pushed from the meta. His unique is was a great addition and he is a great leader in his own right, especially for raids. Not to mention his ship is just about as much of a no brainer as Thrawns. I think as far as future unknown raid potential goes, Vader is the best of the 3(wampanader) and Ep is 2nd (remember chirpatine).

I actually ranked IPD lower than Thrawn but it's pretty hard to tell considering his droid synergy, self destruct, target lock and mass dispel. A lot of the data is not out on IPD yet because he is fairly new to the masses. As the tenacity up answer for the empire he brings a lot to the table with that alone. Obviously his raid and fleet future appear limited though.