8) Dooku
9) Sid

Power Gap

10) SM

Replies

• kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    This list entirely depends on how many zetas are on these toons and if they are a leader (Maul) or not. Also depends on what game mode you are talking about. Both of these apply to your other post on Empire toons too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    marauder can't be that bad, can he?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Right now Marauder is incredibly overpriced and underpowered. When you look at the effort to obtain him he is obviously the worst. If you ignore all that, he is Dooku/Sid level
  • Marauder will likely be much more valuable in raids and TB. And if you're going to do a ranking list you can't include the fact that he isn't f2p yet, that's biased. There are plenty of people out there that still don't have 7* DN either since he only has 1 hard node.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    This list entirely depends on how many zetas are on these toons and if they are a leader (Maul) or not. Also depends on what game mode you are talking about. Both of these apply to your other post on Empire toons too.

List is set to general usefulness of all game modes. Cost of gear shards and zeta's are factored in. Not that hard to understand general usefulness considering cost.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Marauder will likely be much more valuable in raids and TB. And if you're going to do a ranking list you can't include the fact that he isn't f2p yet, that's biased. There are plenty of people out there that still don't have 7* DN either since he only has 1 hard node.

A 3* DN puts a 7* SM to sleep. SM isn't Rose Tico bad but he isn't arena viable, costs a ton, doesn't do much in raids, TWs doesn't get much easier or more difficult with or without him. The Empire list probably has more wiggle room and fluidity, thus the lack of power gaps. Sith are tiered so far apart from each other its simple. I could do the list by release time

Recently reworked
    Released Last Feb
    Reworked Last Feb
    Over priced citadel pack level nonsense (Krennic level citadel pack, not DT)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I will probably farm marauder when he's released in a store or node. If only to be able to do his special while posting 0's in raids.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    I will probably farm marauder when he's released in a store or node. If only to be able to do his special while posting 0's in raids.

I'll eventually get him since I have all of the other Sith 7* but unless unknown new content is dropped he belongs where he was placed on the list.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    1) Ep
    2) Vader
    3) DN

Power Gap

4) SA

Power Gap

5) Maul
    6) Savage
    7) SiT

Power Gap

8) Dooku
    9) Sid

Power Gap

10) SM

Sith Assasin that high? Interesting - can you please give your reasons? Thanks.
    1) Ep
    2) Vader
    3) DN

Power Gap

4) SA

Power Gap

5) Maul
    6) Savage
    7) SiT

Power Gap

8) Dooku
    9) Sid

Power Gap

10) SM

Certainly: Sith Assassin is a great toon if you go all in. She grants more TM which is huge for Sith now, she hides herself pretty well and she can punch a hole right through BB-8 and other similarly squishy toons with her special. Even if you have simple under-geared SA she is still very useful in TW and TB providing TM to your zaul squad. For a toon available in guild shipments she is a bargain. Cheap shards, no zeta needed, great toon.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @CoastalJames

You have obviously never used SA in a Sith squad.

In arena

With a full Sith squad and DN unique zeta she can one shot almost any toon. If she is stealthed and uses her specialy she hits directly to health and gets bonuses to damage for every Sith ally. Pair that with DN health down zeta and she kills almost everyone. Pair with SO, SiT and DN unique and you bypass all that extra protection that toons have.

Her tm bump is incredible (especially under a Zaul lead). Starts with 20% tm, then has three buffs when she does the tm bump which makes the whole team go very fast (before Vader rework this was extremely effective for getting him to go quickly).

in Raids

In AAT raid she works great in a Sith squad for damage and tm bump. Not as effective in HAAT, but still helps with a ton of damage.

She does great damage and has great utility.

PvE - similar to bonuses in arena, but I run a Zaul DN, SiT, SO team with her that 3* all DS/canitna ages ago and has yet to lose a DS TB battles (after the rework, got destroyed on the first one).

Edit: also add the fact she doesn't need a zeta (or really 7*) to be effective. Only downside is she is a tough farm, but as I used to run a Zaul arena team, I farmed her as soon as she came out and have never regretted it.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • @CoastalJames

In arena

With a full Sith squad and DN unique zeta she can one shot almost any toon. If she is stealthed and uses her specialy she hits directly to health and gets bonuses to damage for every Sith ally. Pair that with DN health down zeta and she kills almost everyone. Pair with SO, SiT and DN unique and you bypass all that extra protection that toons have.

Her tm bump is incredible (especially under a Zaul lead). Starts with 20% tm, then has three buffs when she does the tm bump which makes the whole team go very fast (before Vader rework this was extremely effective for getting him to go quickly).

in Raids

In AAT raid she works great in a Sith squad for damage and tm bump. Not as effective in HAAT, but still helps with a ton of damage.

PvE - similar to bonuses in arena, but I run a Zaul DN, SiT, SO team with her that 3* all DS/canitna ages ago and has yet to lose a DS TB battles (after the rework, got destroyed on the first one).

Edit: also add the fact she doesn't need a zeta (or really 7*) to be effective. Only downside is she is a tough farm, but as I used to run a Zaul arena team, I farmed her as soon as she came out and have never regretted it.

Only downside is she is *She used to be* a tough farm. With the 30 free shards and being available in the raid shop she is a pretty easy farm now.
    @CoastalJames

In arena

in Raids

Only downside is she is *She used to be* a tough farm. With the 30 free shards and being available in the raid shop she is a pretty easy farm now.

Excellent point. Since I haven't needed to farm her in a while I forgot that she is now much easier.
  • Who is SO? Just curious as I know all the other toons you’re talking about except that one. Lol
    Olddumper wrote: »
    1) Ep
    2) Vader
    3) DN

Power Gap

4) SA

Power Gap

5) Maul
    6) Savage
    7) SiT

Power Gap

8) Dooku
    9) Sid

Power Gap

10) SM

Certainly: Sith Assassin is a great toon if you go all in. She grants more TM which is huge for Sith now, she hides herself pretty well and she can punch a hole right through BB-8 and other similarly squishy toons with her special. Even if you have simple under-geared SA she is still very useful in TW and TB providing TM to your zaul squad. For a toon available in guild shipments she is a bargain. Cheap shards, no zeta needed, great toon.

@Olddumper - didn't see your post as I was writing mine, but perfectly said
  • I'd put SM above Dooku and Sid easily, he's just suffering from the same overhyped letdown as EP/Vaders reworks.
  • Rank 1 Ep Vader Dn
    Rank 4 Sass
    Rank 5 Savage Maul
    Rank 7 Trooper Marauder
    Rank 9 Sidious
    Rank 10 Dooku

1) Ep
    2) Vader
    3) DN

Power Gap

4) SA

Power Gap

5) Maul
    6) Savage
    7) SiT

Power Gap

8) Dooku
    9) Sid

Power Gap

10) SM

Thanks.
    @CoastalJames

Correct.

• Sidious with a zeta is not anywhere near as bad as you guys are making him out. One of my favorite zetas.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Who is SO? Just curious as I know all the other toons you’re talking about except that one. Lol

Savage Oppress.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Again team composition plays a big role in some of these characters values...

Dooku under Nihilus is a real PITA...

Sid under Zader is fantastic...

Overall though (once again) this list is *pretty accurate :)
  • ReyCharles wrote: »
    Sidious with a zeta is not anywhere near as bad as you guys are making him out. One of my favorite zetas.

I agree. Sidious' zeta is one of my favorite investments ever. Makes him amazing for clearing Galactic War.

To the rest of this thread. This list is a bit biased. Based solely on kit setups and synergies, Nihilus should really be number one, while palp and vader be two and three. Nihilus is versatile and can be used nearly anywhere. At the moment palp and vader are very strictly stuck with each other and/or with empire. Palp and Vader would be lower if their synergy didn't kick so much rear in arena.

Maul should be number four because with good mods he's a total beast, even not as a leader.

Sidious' is number five with a zeta, because his zeta actually makes him incredibly useful in many aspects of the game.

Savage is number six because while he may have an amazing zeta and be good at cleansing, he's not as useful as sidious. He doesn't help as much in raids (other than soloing p1 or p3 of HAAT, which is a huge pain and completely RNG based) He doesn't do as much damage to start and pretty much relies on his special in order to actually do anything effective in battle

Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper are in at 7 and 8, their kits are great, but rely quite heavily on Sith Synergies.

I don't understand the hate Marauder is getting. His kit is amazingly set up, once he's ftp, I'm gonna farm him as fast as I can because under a zeta vader lead, he's absolutely amazing really. I tested him in a higher end GW node (It actually had G11 CLS rebels) and a G8 Sith Marauder handles himself quite well when paired With Zader and Palp. I got a 20k hit off of him at just G8. He's at 9 because while he's awesome, he's just too restricted to a Zader lead. And he's just so low in health and base stats. His unique answers some of it, but at the same time, it's just disappointing that he needs a certain character's leadership to actually be as good as he can get. So that's why he's at nine. Hopefully the new raid gives a character which improves him.

Dooku should really be in tenth, he's useless outside of a Zeta Nihilus lead, speaking from experience here. I farmed him thinking he'd be better than Sidious for my Sith squad, nope. Not even close. Zeta Sidious improves defense far more than Zeta dooku. The crit immunity is useless because all it takes is daze and he's shut down immediately, Plus the crit immunity only works after he counters, if you crit on him before he counters, he's done for.
  • ReyCharles wrote: »
    Sidious with a zeta is not anywhere near as bad as you guys are making him out. One of my favorite zetas.

He was actually my second Zeta but lately he has fallen further down the rankings. Durability for him his a huge issue. He spams AOE but doesn't have the health to handle the counter attacks coming back at him. Most other Sith are Tanky (Trooper/DN) or have debuffs that help them deal with counter attacks (EP/Maul). He also has a disproportionately large health pool which makes him vulnerable to % damage effects. He is fast and not a horrible toon, but aside from possibly dooku I don't think he could rank any higher.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ReyCharles wrote: »

He was actually my second Zeta but lately he has fallen further down the rankings. Durability for him his a huge issue. He spams AOE but doesn't have the health to handle the counter attacks coming back at him. Most other Sith are Tanky (Trooper/DN) or have debuffs that help them deal with counter attacks (EP/Maul). He also has a disproportionately large health pool which makes him vulnerable to % damage effects. He is fast and not a horrible toon, but aside from possibly dooku I don't think he could rank any higher.

Yeah, Sid is a great toon, but is very situational nowadays. I'd still put him over Dooku as I find Sid has more uses that Dooku does.

As far as Marauder goes, at 3* g8 he does his job well in TW against similar geared teams. I think his rank shouldn't really be determined until we find out where he's going to be farmable. If he's a fairly easy farm I think he'd at least go above Sid and Dooku simply because he won't need a zeta to work at an optimal level and can benefit a sith team a lot with his basic spreading offense down and his potential to gain lots of TM, and his stacking unique. In fact I think he could be an excellent toon for a Sith team in TB.