Question about Palpatine and his unique

Ever since the big Palpatine and Vader rework I noticed that "crackling doom" doesn't seem to work as it is intended to. Rebels and jedi are not taking damage like they used to which made him a staple on my Sith based team. Is it not functioning properly or is it working differently because of the rework. And please don't repost this anywhere else I just need to know if I'm using him right.

Replies

• I also would like an answer to this. Seems like crackling doom actually worked way better before the rework.
  • It damaged the enemies at the beginning of their respective turns. It doesn't work like plague, it eats up protection first
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    The rework changed how it works.
    It now does unmitigated damage (damage numbers show in white) equal to 20% health based (it doesn't ignore protection) on 3 possible factors at the start of the opponents turn not at end of EP turn.
    20% for rebel 20% for Jedi and 20% for shocked.
    So for 25k health it will do 5k damage for each scenario if the conditions are met.
    It is like have 4 dots on a character for each condition.

With 40k + protection on a character you are not going to see lots of damage done.

Since the damage is now unmitigated it will ignore armor/resistance and will not crit.
    It does work but with 4x speed it is hard to see it happening
  • ANDDDDDDD.....it happens at the beginning of enemy's activation so its very easy to miss. It used to do the damage at the end of palp's turn which was much easier to note
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    ANDDDDDDD.....it happens at the beginning of enemy's activation so its very easy to miss. It used to do the damage at the end of palp's turn which was much easier to note
    especially with how many turns you take. If the opponents never take turns than no damage.
  • scuba wrote: »
    ANDDDDDDD.....it happens at the beginning of enemy's activation so its very easy to miss. It used to do the damage at the end of palp's turn which was much easier to note
    especially with how many turns you take. If the opponents never take turns than no damage.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of this part. I understand that they boosted the damage per each condition, but now you can't get TMR on shocked enemies under Zader lead, and you might not be getting as much damage out of it in the long run. Shock on a fractured enemy is next to useless aside from the TM gain from EP's second special.
  • All I know is that he seems LESS powerful now, and I’m out a zeta
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of this part. I understand that they boosted the damage per each condition, but now you can't get TMR on shocked enemies under Zader lead, and you might not be getting as much damage out of it in the long run. Shock on a fractured enemy is next to useless aside from the TM gain from EP's second special.

Yeah it takes away some interesting synergies now that it is on opponents turn. It was fun running him under krennic lead in TB and ability blocking all rebels whenever ep took a turn.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Yeah it takes away some interesting synergies now that it is on opponents turn. It was fun running him under krennic lead in TB and ability blocking all rebels whenever ep took a turn.

Yeah :c Although he actually has a decent protection pool with the zeta unique which is nice that he doesn't just get steamrolled by a stray rebel AOE in TB hahaha.
  • Is Palpatine effective now as a leader? I don't want to waste a zeta to find out.
  • I am using a JTR team and I haven’t lost to a Palpatine team yet on offense. I lose to everybody on defense. So it’s not changing my game just yet.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I am using a JTR team and I haven’t lost to a Palpatine team yet on offense. I lose to everybody on defense. So it’s not changing my game just yet.

its not great on defense but a lot of fun on offense, theres no team i won't fight on the way up and jtr is probably the easiest
  • Is Palpatine effective now as a leader? I don't want to waste a zeta to find out.

He lead and cleared all six days of the last dstb without the zeta for me
  • Keep in mind that CLS and JTR dont have jedi tags so they dont get hit as often. I personally like him very much but I am on the lower spectrum of arena (level 75). My shard is dominated by phoenix teams which he just demolishes. Especially since phoenix teams build up speed to be effective, the new cracking doom takes that advantage so hard. I used my own phoenix team to fight EP teams a few times, Ezra just drops dead after a minute.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Going slow wouldnt help win the battle by a phoenix team

You need tenacity up or stuns and fractures, which phoenix simply doesnt have.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Is Palpatine effective now as a leader? I don't want to waste a zeta to find out.

I had high doubts but he seems to be doing good. I partially forgot that when a character dies any debuffs expire so would count towards his new leader ability part.