Devs, please address raid ties

It's happened to me a half dozen times already. I solo the Rancor raid, only to consistently be bumped down (sometimes below the top 3) due to other guildmates also soloing the raid. I'm not certain as to why I'm penalized over others, but I've heard talk that it has something to do with my playerID.

You've got to change this. There is no way players should be penalized based on something so arbitrary. Make it so ties receive the same rewards. Or make it so that the faster player to finish the solo raid gets preference. Do something. Please. As we all get more powerful and more of us are able to accomplish soloing the easier raids, this is only going to be more of a problem.

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    It used to be player ID. Now it's random and that's much better.

Gear rewards are random anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    the rankings are random.

and let me tell you I have gone from top3, to 31.

this used to be worse when the rankings were fixed order.
  • Options
    I hope the new raid is just a Rancor replacement instead of an additional raid. Rancor is a joke anymore. It’s just an annoying waste of 20 minutes while I set my phone down on auto.
  • Rosco
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Agreed that the rancor is easy. But random doesn't make any more sense. Is giving everyone who solos the raid the same reward an unfair solution? Seems like dropping from top 3 to 31 isn't exactly a great solution.
  • Options
    Rosco wrote: »
    Agreed that the rancor is easy. But random doesn't make any more sense. Is giving everyone who solos the raid the same reward an unfair solution? Seems like dropping from top 3 to 31 isn't exactly a great solution.

I was hoping they would just give everyone rank 1 rewards. Personally, it's the most fair decision.
    But randomization was what the devs chose, and I can almost guarantee they're never going to think about the Rancor again.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

its better than knowing no matter what you do to improve your team you would always get 25. unless someone didn't solo, or your guild kept a system that would allow only a few to solo each run to make sure we all got top rewards.

this was a fair solution, because RNG is fair and unbiased. but i agree i would love to see a change.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I was hoping they would just give everyone rank 1 rewards. Personally, it's the most fair decision.
    But randomization was what the devs chose, and I can almost guarantee they're never going to think about the Rancor again.

That's a terrible idea. What's to stop a guild from doing 24/0 having one person Solo the raid so they get first and everyone else gets second without lifting a finger.

It has it's drawbacks, but random is the best way, can't cheat the system. You get a relish sandwich and sometimes you get ice cream
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

That's a terrible idea. What's to stop a guild from doing 24/0 having one person Solo the raid so they get first and everyone else gets second without lifting a finger.

It has it's drawbacks, but random is the best way, can't cheat the system. You get a relish sandwich and sometimes you get ice cream

The equal rewards only applied for a complete solo score. The other 0's would be randomized 2-50 in your scenario.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

The equal rewards only applied for a complete solo score. The other 0's would be randomized 2-50 in your scenario.

yeah, similar to the guild activities. get 20 solos. 20 1st place rewards, the rest get put in order starting at 21. this would have been great, but not what we got