Quick questions about gearing and starring.

ManuG
131 posts Member
edited February 2018
First of all, here is my collection guys: https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/

I need some advise on this, my problem is that I want to be ready to get R2 at least 5* when the event comes again but also I want to get Thrawn/EP 7* next time. However, we don't know which event is settled for March yet.

So should I continue pushing my empire squad all g8 except Thrawn G7 (I started using it in arena because of the amount of rebels) or should I finish gearing first phoenix squad to G8 and then return to my empire squad? The same thing happens with Hera/TFP stars, which one should I star first, Hera to 7* or TFP to at least 5*?

P.S: Yeah I know, my empire squad is full modded lvl 12 but I don't have much money left to max them to lvl 15 and they still wreck down rebels lol

Replies

• You need to Empire to get R2.

You need Phoenix to get Thrawn.

Which one do you want first?

Thrawn presumably so you can use him to get R2.
  • We just had a thrawn event in january though, r2 would bee back prior to thrawn
  • Seeing as phoenix is your arena team, I would push to finish those first, and as Coasta said, you also want to get 7* Thrawn for R2
  • We just had a thrawn event in january though, r2 would bee back prior to thrawn

People should never be pressurised into farming in order of events. Madness that way lies!

Pick what you want to farm and farm them when you like...eventually the event will come and you will be ready. Fingers crossed your teams will also be over-powered by that point rather than sending in hurried and patched together teams.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2170 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wasn't "pressuring him to farm in order of events" just stating a fact on which would be back first. :) seeing as OP stated he wanted to get r2 at at least 5* next time he comes
    Post edited by Syrup_Chugger3 on
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wasn't "pressuring him to him in order of events"...

No, I definitely wasn't suggesting that at all. Apologies if it came across as such.

P.s. you have the best name on the forum! :smiley:

• ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I suppose the best way is to finish Hera to 7* first and then TFP to +5* because even if R2 comes now in March I will only get him 5* because my only toon 6* is EP plus I don't have a classic rebel team yet to put R2 in. (I don't even have Wedge unlocked cause I'm 68 although he is 45/80 from fleet store)

On the other hand, I guess I should focus on continue gearing my empire because it's my current arena squad and push Phoenix gear when Thrawn comes again.

I just want to know what would you do if you were in my position :smiley:
  • ManuG wrote: »

Why? :smiley:

• I wasn't "pressuring him to him in order of events"...

No, I definitely wasn't suggesting that at all. Apologies if it came across as such.

P.s. you have the best name on the forum! :smiley:

That made me laugh, thanks haha

Why? :smiley:

Maybe because you are more experienced than me lul
  • But the choice is solely yours to make friend.

But I think R2 event will come up next before Thrawn.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I will add to this that 7 star thrawn will be difficult if not impossible at your current level.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    I will add to this that 7 star thrawn will be difficult if not impossible at your current level.

Yeah I know dude but hopefully when he comes back again I will be lvl 75-80 and with my phoenix squad a bit more geared. I remember it was a pain in the *** to get him 5* at only lvl 50-53 xD
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    First are you happy with your guild. You mention a shortage of credits well raids really help there.

Second have you started on the cls path. R2d2 is a great character but unless you have a good team ready for him he is just another character while thrawn can plug into almost any team in the game and make it better.

Thirdly tfp probably wouldnt be in my empire team if I were in your shoes and I switched to empire for arena (you need a tank) so I wouldnt focus on him as a first priority, he is awesome for fleet so you can farm for that reason if you want.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    First are you happy with your guild. You mention a shortage of credits well raids really help there.

Yeah I'm happy with my guild. I apologise if you got me wrong I wanted to mention that I'm short of credits right now because I had to farm and level up a bunch of mods for my empire squad so my phoenix squad can have theirs to clear my GW everyday while my empire get me in a good rank.

Second have you started on the cls path. R2d2 is a great character but unless you have a good team ready for him he is just another character while thrawn can plug into almost any team in the game and make it better.

Thirdly tfp probably wouldnt be in my empire team if I were in your shoes and I switched to empire for arena (you need a tank) so I wouldnt focus on him as a first priority, he is awesome for fleet so you can farm for that reason if you want.

Hey dude, thanks for the reply!

Yeah I'm happy with my guild. I apologise if you got me wrong I wanted to mention that I'm short of credits right now because I had to farm and level up a bunch of mods for my empire squad so my phoenix squad can have theirs to clear my GW everyday while my empire hold me in a good arena rank. Moreover, I can clear perfectly my max tier in the credit heist event so credits aren't a huge problem.

Secondly, I haven't started my cls path yet because I have followed the empire route (Imo they are worthy with all those NIX/NS squads in my shard) so I only have STH unlocked for credit heist and OB almost unlocked (68/80). My classic rebel team in hold would be something like: Wedge (45/80), Biggs (156/65), STH or OB as tank, Ezra while I unlock Leia and R2.

Should I pick OB as tank or STH taking into account that if I pick OB I could work in Leia right after I finish Tarkin 7*?

On the other hand, yeah I know I need a tank and that is why I haven't started working on him yet and have Boba meanwhile. My plan is to finish Boba 7* first (or at least to 6*) then farm Stormy. I guess with this way I could work on Wedge instead of TFP on cantina battles while farming Boba>Stormy from store.

Should I pick OB as tank or STH taking into account that if I pick OB I could work in Leia right after I finish Tarkin 7*?

Old Ben.

And enjoy Leia and use her often. Geared and modded- she is an absolute killer.