Ridiculous

Prev1
I just had a 2v1 my lumi and ig86 vs a old daka. She revived everyone back on their team to create a 2v5. What the absoulte **** is this? The chance of this is less than 1%.

Replies

• AI gets to cheat, welcome to this fantastically unfair game
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel for you...but that is kind of hilarious.

I once lost a 3v1 fight to Boba Fett, who must've revived at least 3 times. Last turn his AOE was up and my toons were all super low health by then.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    edit
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Statistical anomalies I've witnessed

Sid dodge 19 in a row
    No level 70 teams in gw.
    Lumi no lead dodging 8 times.
    Obi wan using mind trick and all effects resisted
    Went 86 for 0 on eyeballs
    Went 64 for 0 on hair dryers.
    Do the manacles actually drop yet?
    Enemy phasma prgoc 11 times in a row.
    Enemy Leia shot my bariss 7 times
    Yoda going 3 times in a row thanks to resisting dooku counter attack debuffs and his own meter gains.
    This one fight I lost because sidious got revived 5 times, and lumi 3.

I've never witnessed one occur in my favor
  • █░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄███▀
    ░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█▀
    ░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
    ░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
    ░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
    ░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
    ▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
    █░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
    ░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
    ░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
    ░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
    ░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄

Say hello to the Pikachu of Confirmational Bias!

Every time a thread is created about confirmational bias Pikachu is not far away.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Why on earth would you leave Daka for last?
  • Actually 1.5% I think, assuming she is maxed. With 5 million players fighting 12 million arena bsttles per day, just with a 5% of players using Daka, this should happen about nine thousand times per day. Hope that knowing that thousands of people experimrnt the same makes you feel less unlucky :)

I dont know why you killed her last. Most people will kill her first, maybe 2nd if there is a very dangerous glass cannon.
  • One good reason not to leave her last, the more people who are dead the more likely she will res someone. I think odds are as follows

1.5% to resurrect everyone 4/4
    11.15% to resurrect 3/4
    31.05% to resurrect 2/4
    38.45% to resurrect 1/4
    17.85% to resurrect 0/4
  • I had to choose between poggle and daka and i chose poggle since i was positive she had already used her ability and i didnt think it had enough time to reset
  • I left daka for last and it was just her and she review everyone. I didn't even finish the battle I just rage quited it.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I had to choose between poggle and daka and i chose poggle since i was positive she had already used her ability and i didnt think it had enough time to reset

No, you had to choose between poggle and Daka and three other heroes. Always take her out first or second.
  • I feel for you...but that is kind of hilarious.

I once lost a 3v1 fight to Boba Fett, who must've revived at least 3 times. Last turn his AOE was up and my toons were all super low health by then.

That's nothing. In GW once I had boba revive 13 times in a row. Almost forced quit around 7 times thinking it was some kind of bug.

Actually was awesome cause it allowed my team to get all my abililities off of cooldown for the next round.
  • Well im sorry they had 86 and 88 who pack a little more punch than daka. They also had lumi who i should have killed after daka but the droids needed to be killed with offense up before they could attack, otherwise i wouldnt have been in that positition
    I just had a 2v1 my lumi and ig86 vs a old daka. She revived everyone back on their team to create a 2v5. What the absoulte **** is this? The chance of this is less than 1%.
    1.5% actually. Which means that 1 out of 66 times someone leaves her to the end this will happen.. and then that individual will promptly come to this forum and post a thread with a meaningful title like "Ridiculous". :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    1.5% actually. Which means that 1 out of 66 times someone leaves her to the end this will happen.. and then that individual will promptly come to this forum and post a thread with a meaningful title like "Ridiculous". :)

What about the time that her unique revived sidious 3 times and then she revived him with her ability one time for a total of 4 revives in one match? This is not the only time that she has done crazy things to me
  • What's ridiculous is seeing fotp evade with no leader evasion. Which just happened to me lol
  • Once I had the best luck in GW. My Daka instantly revived twice, plus two of my other characters AND she revived one when healing. All in the same battle. :smiley:
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    And that is why data is one of the characters you love to hate... On you team it is awseome when she revives and keeps things going when on opposing team it is the ***** did it again.
  • scuba wrote: »
    And that is why data is one of the characters you love to hate... On you team it is awseome when she revives and keeps things going when on opposing team it is the ***** did it again.

She never does anything good for me when i use her, guess i just have to deal with her sometimes
  • If you see daka and bf across the board you may as well uninstall. My first account I came across the combo in a gw, they wiped my entire bench and then proceeded to miraculously appear after the first turn in every aspect of the game.
  • I killed a boba fett 7 or 8 times in gw the other night lol. It was nice. He was last and that let me get my healers' cooldowns refreshed lol.
  • Anyone else seeing an increase of evasion with the ai? Seriously, three fights in a row a toon who never evades has...fotp, Poe, and GS. All ai of course
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016

She never does anything good for me when i use her, guess i just have to deal with her sometimes

She does. Your brain refuses to register it, because a thing called confirmation bias. It is a very well documented psychologicsl issue, which happens because out brain is heuristic.

I know you wont believe me, but that doesnt make it any less true
  • Triqui wrote: »

She does. Your brain refuses to register it, because a thing called confirmation bias. It is a very well documented psychologicsl issue, which happens because out brain is heuristic.

I know about conformational bias and i have never seen her revive more than one character at a time for me, and that may be because i dont use her much, but i know for a fact that she rarely does me good. Not conformational bias
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I know about conformational bias and i have never seen her revive more than one character at a time for me, and that may be because i dont use her much, but i know for a fact that she rarely does me good. Not conformational bias

Most people use her in GW and in GW your guys usually don't die (if you are doing it right). I have her on my team and it is rare for anyone to go down.
    This happened to me yesterday though:
    1. AI focus-fires GS and he goes down before I can get a heal off. I swear at the phone, but then...
    2. GS pops back up with offense up and turn meter from Daka's passive.
    3. GS clobbers an enemy.
    4. Barriss is next, I do her heal equalize.
    5. I finish the round with everyone at full health.
    I was shocked, but it happens. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • That's why you kill her first.
  • Why on earth would you leave Daka for last?

This.
    Triqui wrote: »

If you play her in GW and retry when 1 guy die, you dont give her chances. How often do you play her as last woman standing and try a revive?

Other than that, I have had her revive more than once the same char in combat with the passive, and revive 2 chars dead with the regular heal. So unless the devs have made the code to nerf specifically YOUR Daka, I'm pretty sure your own Old Daka is able to do the same feats that mine does.
  • To avoid being one shot.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

If you play her in GW and retry when 1 guy die, you dont give her chances. How often do you play her as last woman standing and try a revive?

Other than that, I have had her revive more than once the same char in combat with the passive, and revive 2 chars dead with the regular heal. So unless the devs have made the code to nerf specifically YOUR Daka, I'm pretty sure your own Old Daka is able to do the same feats that mine does.

I know they do the same things, but the RNG is different every time and it happens sometimes and it doesnt happen sometimes. It seems to happen alot for defenders and not as much for me