Do you ever feel betrayed when this happens?

It's not like CG is subject to a contract and every character they release has to be insane, but honestly how do you feel when you spent 300-400 dollars for a character and they don't go anywhere close to the expectations?

I'm talking about Sith Marauder of course and how his is basically useless. Dispite how amazing he looks and all the awesome art and visual effects (props to CG for this), his kit is so awful.

The damage that was projected in the clip provided by the devs ended up being unachievable in pvp. Game testers (thank God for their service), provided alot of footage where Marauder didn't hit nearly as hard as it was shown and he seems to have a very low critical chance which doesn't help much either.

If you are someone who watched the clip and the massive crits shown, in addition to the awesome look and animations, plus the fact that he is a Sith; ended up putting their hands deep in their pockets and being left with a mediocre character.

Same thing happened with Ahsoka Fulcrum who ended being at best a TB only character who underperformes in arena and basically does nothing in raids.

I'm not saying that every marquee character has to be awesome and super powerful, but there needs to be some info about the expectations we need to have. For example we knew Mother Talzin would be insane and she is. So is the zombie and although you don't see spirit anywhere, I'm sure she has her uses. But characters like Ahsoka and SMara aren't good anywhere. I'm sure some of you will come out and say how you saw a video where marauder was in some phase solo team, but don't forget that solo was probably made possible by the other 4 members and not marauder, in fact I've seen some of those videos and marauder felt more like a drag, and you could probably do better with a ventress or ezra or something.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy him, I mean he looks awesome, but he is just nowhere near where he should be. Something is missing, maybe he should have 100% critical chance, or maybe some more damage on his basic. Idk what it is but it feels like he won't stick anywhere.

And lastly before you blame me for being shortsighted and you say that he probably feels week with our current Sith but once we get some more it will all make sense and he will fit in like a piece of the puzzle. I hope you are right and I hope some future Sith character will have some decent synergy with him but until that day comes he is just another trash character that has no place in a decent team.

Replies

• No, I wouldn't spend 300 dollars on a character. That just encourages them to continue.
  • No, I wouldn't spend 300 dollars on a character. That just encourages them to continue.

I mean if you are a multimillionaire and there are plenty of those people, then 300 dollars is nothing. However, it's still enough to demand a decent character to justify the price
  • Dude, don't spend so much money on a toon that's brand new and has no track record. You should always watch the reviews of the game changers. That really helps.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sith Maurader that underwhelming? Well, lesson learned, don't waste your money kid. But if money is no object than your complaint is moot really, you can afford to be reckless.
  • You guys are assuming that the people who already have 7*, Gear 12 Sith Marauder purchased him because they expected something out of him. For a lot of the big spenders in this game, just having him and maxing him out is enough, it doesn't matter if he actually does anything or not.

Star Wars has been selling countless action figures for decades that people pay tons of money for and never remove them from their box, so in a sense, a virtual character that you can at least play with (even if there is no reason to) is actually a bit of a better value than what Star Wars fans have been blowing their money on for decades.

• I dont trust CG to give out good toons every single time, so i m not feeling betrayed that CG didnt give a good toon this time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    wich footage are you refering to?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I feel betrayed when I farm a toon I like and later find out they require 400 friggin carbantis. *cough fost*. Learn from my mistakes kids. Always research first.
  • ilpots88
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    It's not like CG is subject to a contract and every character they release has to be insane, but honestly how do you feel when you spent 300-400 dollars for a character and they don't go anywhere close to the expectations?

I'm talking about Sith Marauder of course and how his is basically useless. Dispite how amazing he looks and all the awesome art and visual effects (props to CG for this), his kit is so awful.

The damage that was projected in the clip provided by the devs ended up being unachievable in pvp. Game testers (thank God for their service), provided alot of footage where Marauder didn't hit nearly as hard as it was shown and he seems to have a very low critical chance which doesn't help much either.

If you are someone who watched the clip and the massive crits shown, in addition to the awesome look and animations, plus the fact that he is a Sith; ended up putting their hands deep in their pockets and being left with a mediocre character.

Same thing happened with Ahsoka Fulcrum who ended being at best a TB only character who underperformes in arena and basically does nothing in raids.

I'm not saying that every marquee character has to be awesome and super powerful, but there needs to be some info about the expectations we need to have. For example we knew Mother Talzin would be insane and she is. So is the zombie and although you don't see spirit anywhere, I'm sure she has her uses. But characters like Ahsoka and SMara aren't good anywhere. I'm sure some of you will come out and say how you saw a video where marauder was in some phase solo team, but don't forget that solo was probably made possible by the other 4 members and not marauder, in fact I've seen some of those videos and marauder felt more like a drag, and you could probably do better with a ventress or ezra or something.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy him, I mean he looks awesome, but he is just nowhere near where he should be. Something is missing, maybe he should have 100% critical chance, or maybe some more damage on his basic. Idk what it is but it feels like he won't stick anywhere.

And lastly before you blame me for being shortsighted and you say that he probably feels week with our current Sith but once we get some more it will all make sense and he will fit in like a piece of the puzzle. I hope you are right and I hope some future Sith character will have some decent synergy with him but until that day comes he is just another trash character that has no place in a decent team.

[/quote

Ashoka fulcrum is in my arena team, and i think she's pretty useful, especially against han, r2 , and she is a good counter to rtj and bb8. At now, the most disappointing toon is still GG
  • leef wrote: »

Think he means all the pre-release footage they showed with him in a zader squad doing 60/70k on haat.
  • Yvellkan
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you are spending money on something it's your decision to decide whether it's worth it it or not prior to doing it. Complaining about it afterward just seems a bit like a spoilt brat. In fact this whole post sounds like something cartman from south park would say
  • Sorry, I saw this a facepalmed.
    I honestly get the idea how you might feel after spending that much money, but honestly?
    So really... advertisement didn‘t exactly meet your expectations in reality???

He was just being released and jumped on the new product as a must have and SPECULATED that he‘ll be an awesome addition to any Sith roster. Well, if I spend that much money - I‘m not rich - I check the product first, read reviews and take my time to consider whether I really want it or not. And let me add, I do that even at paying 50 bucks upward.

Do not get me wrong, you‘re free to buy things in whatever amount and at whatever price tag you want, but keep in mind:
    What you buy here nets you ZERO benefits besides having some 0s and 1s more in your virtual database.
    Think about it, in the end you bought
    „One sweep-superbroom 2018! One sweep and everything is clean! Broken glass? One sweep! Blood. One sweep! 500 dead Jawas? One sweep!“

Additionally, he might be still bugged, as many people think he is not receiving the offense buffs from debuffs on teams (It might be bugged advertisement, but I don‘t think they completely fake numbers to fool buyers)

Regarding Fulcrum Ashoka, after initial reveal I was like „woah!“ soon after looking at her kit again I was like, well... how would I be able to efficiently use her? I cannot remember a similar case with Fulcrum as now in Sith Marauder. Her capabilities might have been overstated (advertisement) but she does WAI, which Marauder apparently isn‘t (plus their admitted ultra high defense „bug“ on all bosses in his case)

TL:DR
    You played the speculation game and lost. As much as I can understand your bitterness, I will not understand why/how people drop that much money so easily (if you’re rich, it doesn’t hurt you; if you’re not rich think twice or even thrice). No hard feelings, but check what you buy before you do! Ads don‘t usually portrait reality 100%.

On a sidenote:
    I could keep going more into detail why it is beneficial for a game to have more mediocre than super flashy I-play-I-win toons... but, oh well
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Yvellkan wrote: »
    If you are spending money on something it's your decision to decide whether it's worth it it or not prior to doing it. Complaining about it afterward just seems a bit like a spoilt brat. In fact this whole post sounds like something cartman from south park would say

Not that i disagree with your comment, but what makes you think he actually bought a 7* marauder though?
  • A little green man once said failure is the best teacher. Take what you have learned here and take it into consideration next time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Think he means all the pre-release footage they showed with him in a zader squad doing 60/70k on haat.

that would be hilarious, but i doubt it.
  • Moved to Feedback/Characters.
  • You guys are assuming that the people who already have 7*, Gear 12 Sith Marauder purchased him because they expected something out of him. For a lot of the big spenders in this game, just having him and maxing him out is enough, it doesn't matter if he actually does anything or not.

Star Wars has been selling countless action figures for decades that people pay tons of money for and never remove them from their box, so in a sense, a virtual character that you can at least play with (even if there is no reason to) is actually a bit of a better value than what Star Wars fans have been blowing their money on for decades.
    You guys are assuming that the people who already have 7*, Gear 12 Sith Marauder purchased him because they expected something out of him. For a lot of the big spenders in this game, just having him and maxing him out is enough, it doesn't matter if he actually does anything or not.

Well, you can theoretically sell the action figure, but I get your point.