Land War

I would like to make a suggestion to this game's game modes.

LAND WAR
We use land vehicles and land creatures to fight off enemies' land vehicles or land creatures. Similar like Ships, it need a 'Driver' to activate it, and a character can be both 'Driver' and 'Ship Crew'. Example: Gungan Catapult, the Driver is a Gungan (yes, the character is not in the game yet), Blizzard One: General Veers and Colonel Starck, Wheel Bike: General Grievous, Geonosian Speeder: Count Dooku, Bantha: Rebel Soldier or can be Tusken Raider. And anything else! How do you like my ideas?

Replies

• Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The ships haven’t had any substantial evolution for the whole time they have been there... I don’t think it would be a good idea to have a mode that requires a whole set of new items, CG can’t already handle both characters and ships.

Also, I wouldn’t be excited with something that’s only a variation of something we already have (the ships). I’d much prefer something new, something different than the different modes we already have.
  • Additionally, it is Star War...
    While theoretically possible, the problem with land vehicles are:

#1 there aren’t enough „iconic“ ones.
    #2 would snow/Sand etc speeder count?
    #3 ships hasn‘t fully unfolded its wings
    #4 many new generic „pilots“ needed
    #5 many characters left out, because we have not seen them driving something personally

I kind of proposed the same idea once, but very soon relalized that it doesn‘t make much sense in this game. As AI opponent or maybe a special event with both sides having vehicles, yes.
    In a similar fashion to ships? Definately no.
    The only idea I can come up with, is a fun mode. You collect solely vehicle-shards. No pilots needed and you fight 2v2 or 3v3 (because of the size AT-M6? Jawa Sandcrawler?…)
  • Moved to Feedback/Events.
  • What globuh said, and there's not enough unique vehicles which would encourage spending or interest (such as no "commanders luke' s tank") as a bad example
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What globuh said, and there's not enough unique vehicles which would encourage spending or interest (such as no "commanders luke' s tank") as a bad example

Not even just spending or interest. There is no connection to many of the toons, so it would be too independent from everything the game is about, the toons.

We don't need an independent game mode...That's just another game.
  • I agree with the comments above. We don't need this at all. Vehicle combat would just end up being an even less developed version of ships. There aren't enough good vehicles so it will be hard for there to be any diversity of choice. We also don't need more things to farm that don't have a significant impact on the core parts of the game. And please, absolutely no gungans, ever.
  • Okay, I know no one of you like it, it's just a suggestion, so if you don't mind, Moderators, please delete this thread at once, I don't want to see everyone dislike my ideas
  • I like the idea of vehicles, but not a new game mode.

An example of what I would welcome would be the ability to farm an AT-AT to use on DSTB Hoth, where you could avoid platoons and still get the ATAT ability . It could be a long farm or just a straight up revenue farm.

Sand crawler for Jakku TW, could add defense bonus or attack bonus or banner bonus for each crawler, or the ability to use in battle like TB platoon abilities.

Etc, but not a fan of a new game mode to farm lots of vehicles and gear for them
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner