Automatic Raid Sign-Up/Pre-Raid Sign-Up

Something that has become fairly common across guilds is a 24 hour zero damage rule in raids, meaning that guilds are taking it upon themselves to create a registration period. Would it be possible to auto-register all guild members or include a 24 hour Sign-Up period, such as with TW, to do away with a near universal guild wait policy?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This would be nice to lessen the burden on officers and reduce the stress of waiting and hoping no one solos early.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Gotta look outside your little box sometimes. Not everybody has implemented a 24h waiting period. That may work for you, but it may not work for everybody.

We raid at the same time for consistency. But the raid isn't always launched at exactly 24h before that. So if there was a forced 24h waiting period, the inconsistent launch times would mean inconsistent Zerg times. No thanks.
  • Options
    Well, a similar idea then would be raid controls for guild leaders and officers. Be able to actually set a few things, such as a damage limit or timer for zero damage. The sign up period thought was since they already possess a functioning model, it wouldn't have to take away from the two days afterwards, and with the leadership controls option, you could waive or select that option as suits your individual guild.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Gotta look outside your little box sometimes. Not everybody has implemented a 24h waiting period. That may work for you, but it may not work for everybody.

We raid at the same time for consistency. But the raid isn't always launched at exactly 24h before that. So if there was a forced 24h waiting period, the inconsistent launch times would mean inconsistent Zerg times. No thanks.

How would having your whole guild signed in at 0 damage when a raid opens be a bad thing?

You may noticed he said that^^^

or

A 24 hour period.

I agree a 24 hour wait imposed is not a good thing, but an auto register would be great
  • Options
    If members can't be bothered to sign up or post a zero, they should get rewards?

I say no.
  • Options
    If members can't be bothered to sign up or post a zero, they should get rewards?

I say no.

What about the idea of guild leader controls such as zero damage or start time adjustment?
    I'm not certain why the idea of your guild mates getting minimal rewards as a guild reward for the raid would upset someone, but the idea is basically to protect the sign up window without the concerns of will an accident mess it up. Perhaps a slider bar for number of hours of the 48 for sign up. The concept of posting zero damage is a user response to a missing system control. Intentionally keeping/sending a weak 7 star character for the purpose of zero damage on a raid boss is not an optimal fix.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I say no.

I'm sure that's what you think when someone solos before you get in. There are reasons this makes sense.
  • Options
    How 'bout doing the same for the Credit heist then... no sense having to actually do something to get those credits, right? Just drop 5m in the inbox every week. Or maybe you think it's too much trouble to click on the inbox, so they should just go right into your account? All the other event rewards, too. Why bother having to actually do anything at all?

Sorry, but no. If you don't want to have to do anything, you shouldn't get any rewards. I'm not sure why you think getting something for doing nothing is a good thing.
  • Options
    I think this should be an option that either officers and/or the GM get to choose, along with some other raid options. For example, have the ability to automatically give everyone 0 damage for rewards, or make the boss unable to be attacked until a certain time, or set it to open the raid as soon as the guild has the tickets for whichever one they want to do.

QoL improvements for, I suppose, next year when we get the next QoL patch :D
  • Options
    @AnnerDoon

Do the auto register and have the rewards only available for 24 hours. Does the same principle as doing a 24 hour 0 damage period the non daily players still won't get the rewards but without the risk of someone screwing it up by going early. That solution should alleviate your concern. There really should be either a 24 hour sign up phase just like for territory war or an auto register with a 0 damage score.
  • Options
    No matter if they do any dmg in the raid or not, all members of the guild work towards raid tickets to even open the raid. So everyone contributes towards the raid. Current raids are easy anyway, a lot of people solo rancor, many guild do haat within an hour. Automatic 0/registration for everyone would be amazing and it would make the life a lot easier for most of the people.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I say no.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there will always be those that oppose like you and the developers on this one.

I for one think it is a great idea and have been pushing for auto on the board with 0 for a long time. Every member earns the tickets to open it so why not. Not every guild has all members in similar tz or even same hemisphere.

Definitely not in agreement on the sign up this makes another barrier to guild shuffling when needed and seems to be happening a lot right now.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Not every guild has all members in similar tz or even same hemisphere.

Which is one reason guilds do the 24 hour 0 damage thing in the first place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    How 'bout doing the same for the Credit heist then... no sense having to actually do something to get those credits, right? Just drop 5m in the inbox every week. Or maybe you think it's too much trouble to click on the inbox, so they should just go right into your account? All the other event rewards, too. Why bother having to actually do anything at all?

Sorry, but no. If you don't want to have to do anything, you shouldn't get any rewards. I'm not sure why you think getting something for doing nothing is a good thing.

Every guild member earns the right to open a raid. They put in the energy up front. So it is different than the CH.
  • Options

Kyno wrote: »

Every guild member earns the right to open a raid. They put in the energy up front. So it is different than the CH.

Point = missed
  • Options

If guild members are logging on to do their 600, they can surely take 30 seconds to post a zero.
  • Options
    It's not about the time to sign up as much as it is a bad process for doing so. There is no reason that millions of users should have to intentionally participate in a zero attack and risk silly mistakes like accidental counter-attacker up to malicious full clear. The need has clearly been presented by the community having developed its own work-arounds. With the nearly limitless guild choices, a player could hop around doing full clears out of time and never pay for it in any real way, so why wouldn't it be beneficial to have a sign up, automatic or just pre-attack phase? Everyone contributes tickets to opening the raid, but I'm sure most of us have experienced a pre-clear or a ten minute clear the one day you didn't think to zero it in advance. Baffled by why so many people want their own guildmates to not collect for fairly petty reasons considering it was the guild that unlocked the raid, and not just an individual.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If guild members are logging on to do their 600, they can surely take 30 seconds to post a zero.

Not if someone solos early by accident.

And the point about the 600 is that if you out it in, why can't that be your registration for 0 damage?
  • Options
    I get it. You think everybody should get rewarded for just being in a guild. Well, I don't. It's just that simple. There's nothing malicious about it. And there's nothing petty about it. It's simply my opinion.
  • Options

And the point about the 600 is that if you out it in, why can't that be your registration for 0 damage?

To be frank, if someone solos "by accident" that's a whole different issue. Nothing wrong with a zero tag in general, but tagging or not is not the issue of members are deliberately ignoring guild rules , at that point , other steps need to be taken. I'm pretty sure @kyno , that you are playing devils advocate with that comment, but in the end, every decent and up guild will address players that don't play towards guild goals, as well as work towards getting everyone on the board for raids.

As well, let's say for example, you have a member that rarely bothers to tag the raids, never mind do damage, while he or she should get atleast a tag in, they never bother to. It would be helpful for them to get some kind of rewards, but if they can't bother to tag, why should they get rewards? This example is presuming they are putting tickets in as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

To be frank, if someone solos "by accident" that's a whole different issue. Nothing wrong with a zero tag in general, but tagging or not is not the issue of members are deliberately ignoring guild rules , at that point , other steps need to be taken. I'm pretty sure kyno , that you are playing devils advocate with that comment, but in the end, every decent and up guild will address players that don't play towards guild goals, as well as work towards getting everyone on the board for raids.

As well, let's say for example, you have a member that rarely bothers to tag the raids, never mind do damage, while he or she should get atleast a tag in, they never bother to. It would be helpful for them to get some kind of rewards, but if they can't bother to tag, why should they get rewards? This example is presuming they are putting tickets in as well.

Yeah, i just believe there are good examples to why it would be helpful and useful.

I was using that as an example of how it is different than saying "you shouldn't get something for nothing". Because launching raids is a guild effort and is required contribution.

Correct we all have ways to deal with the person who may accidentally hit the raid, but that doesn't solve the problem for the people who were not able to get rewards.

Correct you could be rewarding someone who doesn't tag a raid normally, but again it's not like they are not contributing to the effort to launch the raid, with 600.
  • Options
    Rewards for the entire guild would help in other phases of the game too. Idk bout everyone else but I wanna win TW and clear TB having everyone get something for a raid they helped earn the tickets for isn’t a bad thing.

Not to mention we wouldn’t have to wait to get said rewards if everyone eligible for raid rewards automatically got them the people who can Solo a raid/entire phases at least could just do it and clear it. No one didn’t get to hit or can’t get rewards now. Guilds could even rotate who’s turn it is to place in the top 10 this week and so on.

With all the time we wait for other events why wait to finally kick off a raid only to wait a day or two to get what you need out of one of the few stores you can still farm stuff out of?

But hey at least we’ll be able to sim all three ship battles on Monday soon. Who are we to complain haha.
  • Options
    Well, they added a zero damage join function, so that seems to resolve this desire. Thanks for that one, devs.