6/7 Dot Mods

I came up with idea like 2 years ago, but with rumors going around that the new raid will award 6/7 dot mods (and the massive exodus of players already vowing to leave if this happens), this deserves a re-post.
IF the devs are going to introduce 6/7 dot mods, there NEEDS to be an upgrade system. Just like characters, and everything else in this game. Earn mod points/shards from doing whatever, and once you have enough, you can upgrade your mod.
Simply introducing 6/7 dot mods will erase YEARS of hard work and grinding we've been doing to get good 5* mods.
Not to mention, it opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. No longer will I automatically sell my lower star mods. If I pull a 3* mod, and I like the potential stats, I can now upgrade it to a 4/5/6/7* mod.
@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie @EA_Jesse @CG_RyDiggs I am PLEADING with you guys. I'm sure you remember as well as I how disastrous mods were when first introduced. It almost killed SWGoH. I've already heard directly from at least 12 different Day 1 players, that if 6/7 dot mods are dropped on us, they're quitting immediately. And this is just in response to rumors. I love this game, you love this game, I'm hoping there's a game plan, but please be careful.
Thank you.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Options
    Moved to Feedback/Gear & User-Interface.
  • Options
    The only way i would support 6/7 dot mods is if the speed secondary could not go over what is already possible, and then I’m still on the fence about it
  • Options
    Please no new mods. Been playing like 10 months and still don’t have that great of mods.
  • Options
    I would leave immediately. What I do have after all this time still is not great. I refuse to start over.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If (and obviously a big if, and just my opinion) they launched new mods and kept them like zetas (no way to straight up purchase). I think we could be ok.

Mods with speed secondaries will still be king and even a +12 would have a good shelf life.

They could also only allow them to be put on g12+ Characters, which would help to stem the tide a bit.

I think an upgrade system is an interesting idea, but may not be viable due to the increase in p2p/f2p gap it would cause. Still this would be a viable option to examine.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I came up with idea like 2 years ago, but with rumors going around that the new raid will award 6/7 dot mods (and the massive exodus of players already vowing to leave if this happens), this deserves a re-post.
    IF the devs are going to introduce 6/7 dot mods, there NEEDS to be an upgrade system. Just like characters, and everything else in this game. Earn mod points/shards from doing whatever, and once you have enough, you can upgrade your mod.
    Simply introducing 6/7 dot mods will erase YEARS of hard work and grinding we've been doing to get good 5* mods.
    Not to mention, it opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. No longer will I automatically sell my lower star mods. If I pull a 3* mod, and I like the potential stats, I can now upgrade it to a 4/5/6/7* mod.
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie @EA_Jesse @CG_RyDiggs I am PLEADING with you guys. I'm sure you remember as well as I how disastrous mods were when first introduced. It almost killed SWGoH. I've already heard directly from at least 12 different Day 1 players, that if 6/7 dot mods are dropped on us, they're quitting immediately. And this is just in response to rumors. I love this game, you love this game, I'm hoping there's a game plan, but please be careful.
    Thank you.

We must wait and see, depending on how it is implemented it can be good. If they do not put speed secondaries in the new super mods, we may have a chance to be less dependent on speed mods that are so hard to loot.