Another drop rate post

So as for a little back story on myself; I am a day one player, I downloaded the app when it first came out and have been playing daily every since. I consistently place 1st when my rewards time approaches, I complete GW every day for the past 2.5 months, and I thoroughly enjoy the aspect of collecting all the characters and upgrading them.

Mid January approached and we saw the level cap increase from 60 to 70. Yay, I can progress my main squad even more! Awesome, so I get my main squad to gear 8 and take a look at the required items to get gear slots filled in preparation for the next level increase. I, like many others, saw the item slots that required a ludicrous amount of purples for one item, it was 50. I then saw the items I would need post 70 and a few of them are a combination of a 20 piece purple and a 50 piece purple. I decided it was more important to expand my bench of viable toons so that GW would become easier so instead of starting to farm those 50 piece gears, I farmed other toons to g7 and even g8.

Now I'm finally making my rounds back around and starting to do the gear pieces that require 50 purples. The only gear piece that requires 50 that I have equipped to anyone is the +25 strength sensor. The one you receive from the final tier of the attacker challenge. The others, I have not even attempted until 2 days ago.

My initial thoughts on the process of gear farming is that it is supposed to take a while to get a fully maxed out toon. That's understandable, but I'm not seeing a healthy drop rate for these items that require so much energy. When it came to the purple 20 piece items, one energy refresh on average would get you about 3 pieces of gear to put towards the crafting of the 20 piece item. In the past 2 days I have used every energy refresh (minus 2) and all free energy to start farming for these 50 piece items. The grand total of dropped gear for 2 days worth of energy, 6 refreshes, and the additional free energy for those two days is 3.

I have received a grand total of 3 Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs with 1000+ energy spent.

Something isn't right here. 1000+ energy, used on a 10 energy cost mission is 100 attempts, out of 100 attempts I have received 3 pieces of the gear. That's a 3% drop rate and that's not including the free energy you get just from the regular refresh rate.

Would you guys mind looking into the drop rate of these 50 purple gear pieces, as well as keep brainstorming healthy and efficient ways to farm these items. I get the game is a grind, but I literally cringe when I think about how long it will take to farm these items as well as the items that come AFTER this gear level. How many gold items will we need? 100? And I'm sure the drop rate is going to be weighted accordingly since it's a gold item.

I understand the game isn't meant to be completed and get everyone maxed super quickly, but at this rate, even people's top 5 will take absolute ages to complete. I could just have really bad RNG, but the more I see people in the chatrooms and forums complain about small drop rates, the more I'm being convinced that something with the rarity on the drop is skewed.

I am also assuming that all purple items have the same drop rate as each other, same goes for blues, greens, and greys. If this is not correct, please let me know.

Replies

• baevar
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I get that there needs to be a time sink, or the game wouldn't last. But the drop rates for a small fraction of one piece of one level of gear for ONE toon are just absolutely atrocious. It would be cool to farm a droid team up, or finish my nightsister team, maybe gear my new Jedis up. But instead I'm on day 4 of finishing just one piece of Phasma's gear zzzz. High level gear is an absolute snore fest.

The other spot that screams for a need for better drop rates are Bronzium cards. They're pathetic. Like I'm just mashing the button to get past it usually. At least put the skip button on the screen earlier. Considering 250 ally points is at minimum 13 battles worth, you could at least not give me some freaking white gear as a standard reward. Like, why have the effect be so incredibly anticlimactic every time? I think I've gotten one character that I didn't already have, and when you do have the char, they give you a piddly 7 shards for it. Congrats! You won the bronzium lottery, now have less shards than you can get in a regular day of GW or Arena.

There are other ways to time sink that aren't so incredibly boring.