Replacing my empire tank

Hey all. I made the transition from phoenix to Empire today. Still ironing it out, but team looks good, The problem is that I feel like my stormtrooper doesn't realy do anything. In all my fights so far he had 1, maybe 2 moves to make. The def up is nice but I am conidering replacing him with another tank from my roster: Here are the options:
https://swgoh.gg/u/lakson/
I am considering taking chopper in. I tried it in one match so far and it looked ok. Not great but ok. Take a look at my roster and help me decide. Ty!

Replies

• LaksonVell wrote: »
    Hey all. I made the transition from phoenix to Empire today. Still ironing it out, but team looks good, The problem is that I feel like my stormtrooper doesn't realy do anything. In all my fights so far he had 1, maybe 2 moves to make. The def up is nice but I am conidering replacing him with another tank from my roster: Here are the options:
    I am considering taking chopper in. I tried it in one match so far and it looked ok. Not great but ok. Take a look at my roster and help me decide. Ty!

Have you considered to give KRU a try?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You probably want to take an empire or sith in, that will speed up Vader. Chopper will speed up the opponent if they have an empire team with Vader.

I would imagine that not having good speed mods on storm trooper is the bigger issue with him not going a lot, this can be a hard balance, but just remember you don't need everyone to be the fastest on your team just faster than the opponent.

Also what team are you thinking of running around as the empire team you are ironing out?
  • Have you tried chopper? That's what I would try to start. I would star and gear kru and use chopper as your tank till then. I'll probably get ripped on here for this advice. But I think that's your best option I still believe in defense dodge works better when chopper is taunting he seems to dodge a lot also can heal his protection back.
  • Just stick with the characters you have. GEAR them and omega all the abilities.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You probably want to take an empire or sith in, that will speed up Vader. Chopper will speed up the opponent if they have an empire team with Vader.

I would imagine that not having good speed mods on storm trooper is the bigger issue with him not going a lot, this can be a hard balance, but just remember you don't need everyone to be the fastest on your team just faster than the opponent.

Also what team are you thinking of running around as the empire team you are ironing out?

Yes my storm trooper had just above 100 speed and he got the slowest mods of the lot. My empire team is one of the strongest in my shard (got top 20 today, only whales above me) And my Palps is suprislingly the fastest (mine is 199 and the next one in the shard is 196)
    My storm is still only 5 star and I am farming KRU Which I intend to use but he is still undergeared, underlevled and understarred, gonna need a week or so to finish him. I admit I kinda rushed in with empire but I am honestly tired of fighting 5 minute matches and sweating off whether chopper will dodge the kill attack.
    And you missunderstood. My Empire team is ready to deploy, and I am using it right now. By ironing out I mean I am learning about do's and don'ts about the team, gear-wise I am just not comfortable to wait anymore and run my phoenixes.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    His stormtrooper is still blue gear. No protection that and speed makes him useless at this point. I do agree that chopper isn't ideal but looking at his roster there wasn't a lot of choices.
  • You could just run ep Vader thrawn gmt and tfp. See how that goes untill you get a better tank. Should be able to win on offense. Defense might get beat down.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    You could just run ep Vader thrawn gmt and tfp. See how that goes untill you get a better tank. Should be able to win on offense. Defense might get beat down.

I haven't lost a single offense yet, I am just considering best options for defense. Gearing up KRU. Thanks all for the input!
  • Chopper is a great alternative and is naturally fast and easy to get above 200 speed. If he gets his taunt off first and dodges twice, you are way ahead on the count. He will work until you get someone else geared.

I ran him as main Tank at g9 in a 2016 shard in the 100 range and he holds well against mostly g11 and g12 teams.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Chopper is a great alternative and is naturally fast and easy to get above 200 speed. If he gets his taunt off first and dodges twice, you are way ahead on the count. He will work until you get someone else geared.

I ran him as main Tank at g9 in a 2016 shard in the 100 range and he holds well against mostly g11 and g12 teams.

Chopper definitely doesn't get enough love.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »

rebels dead baby, rebels dead...
  • ShoreTrooper took rank 1in Arena with him. A must have he is a long farm but he is worth it