Staying in the top 200 on defense

I can crack the top 100 regularly if I don’t fall out of the top 200 on defense. I’ve been toying around with different lineups with little success. My shard has a lot of teams with wiggs and other rebels mixed in or empire teams with either a non zeta Vader or EP lead. I’m curious as to what the best defense would be to stay as high as possible in arena. Thanks for the help in advance!

https://swgoh.gg/u/kramerwtmf/

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Your biggest problem is probably mods. You don't have nearly enough speed. Your second biggest problem is probably boba. Sidious or tarkin would do better in your team. Your third problem is probably that some people in your shard are a couple of levels ahead of you.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Climb to higher ranks. In the 100-200 range you can get dropped almost 20-40 places in one battle.
  • @naraic I really only use boba for his ability block. You don’t think that’s necessary?
  • Swap RG and boba for tarkin and KRU
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kramer, you are level 82, but your arena toons are only level 80. Get them to 82 for a higher chance for your debuffs to stick.

As someone else already stated, your mods could be better. However, by simply distributing your current mods, you will have an instant improvement. F.ex. only 1 of your 3 speed arrows is equipped by your arena team. Check more here:

https://swgoh.gg/u/kramerwtmf/mods/?stat2_5=1
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    scuba wrote: »
    Climb to higher ranks. In the 100-200 range you can get dropped almost 20-40 places in one battle.

This is actually good advice for beginners @Kramer512.

Don't be afraid to spend 50 crystals on a refresh to buy another five arena battles. In most probability it will land you higher with better rewards, and you'll likely fall less overnight from higher positions.

Other than the super-competitive soft launch arena shards, many shards only have 20-30 players who are super keen on top ten 10 spots. This means some will strive to reach only the top 20, or top 50 or top 100. Its normally more competitive for these spots than it is for top 10 spots.

You need to be ahead of those guys who scrap for lesser rewards. It sounds counter-intuitive but I discovered this early on when I started playing in Jan 2016.

Work on getting entrenched in the top 100, then the top 50, then the top 20 and so on. But you'll need a refresh daily to do it. It's a cost initially but the long term payoff reaps great rewards as you stay ahead of or at least are competitive with your shardmates.
  • Damba_Ba wrote: »
    Swap RG and boba for tarkin and KRU

I was going to suggest the same thing