Guild Gear Donation Strategy

So I was thinking: whenever people ask for low-level gear, I'm always thrilled to supply it - I have 1000s of them. But everyone is always stingier with their high-level gear, because, you know, everyone needs it!!!

It occurred to me that a lot of high-level gear has lower-level components, and I always sim for these (thinking, yay, this is the easy part!). Then I ask for the high level gear and don't always get enough of what I want (and don't always give away as much as I'd like when asked, because I don't have a lot of it or am saving it for myself).

What if the guild mainly asked for medium and low-level gear from one another - gear they could get by simming? Doing this would 1) let guild members donate more of their unneeded gear and 2) let the requestor save their sim tickets for use on higher level gear. It just reverses the order of operations and makes better use of resources. Maybe.

The exception, of course, is that there's gear you sort of can't get unless you buy it or request it or win it in a Raid. Let's set that aside for now, or just assume that yes: we'll still have to ask for that.

Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on its effectiveness as a guild strategy?

SamUX

Replies

• I try to ask for low level stuff just to allow guildies to donate to fill the achievement. My problem is I don’t have many toons that need low level stuff.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I agree this is a more effective use of the donation option, but if everyone is doing it and its highly needed because we all need those. It may not be an effective guild strategy.
  • The problem is, someone needs stun guns and refuses to let go of their stun cuffs. Solution, implement a policy that if you are requesting purple gear, you should donate 5 purple gear. Basically, your guild mates need to come to terms that if they want something of value they have to part with something or value.
  • And how would anyone manage to keep track of who donates what? There's no indication of who is donating or what they're donating except their "Guild Donations" rises and the person receiving the item sees who gave it to them, but expecting your entire guild to keep track of who is giving what and cross-referencing that information to ensure everyone is playing fair sounds like something I can't imagine anyone having time for.
  • And how would anyone manage to keep track of who donates what? There's no indication of who is donating or what they're donating except their "Guild Donations" rises and the person receiving the item sees who gave it to them, but expecting your entire guild to keep track of who is giving what and cross-referencing that information to ensure everyone is playing fair sounds like something I can't imagine anyone having time for.

Honor system dude. If you have so little faith in your guild mates that you’re already thinking through ways to manage it to the smallest detail you got bad buddies. It’s pretty easy for me to remember names and If I constantly see someone requesting carbs and I never see their name in my donations I stop donating to them. If they complain their requests aren’t getting filled, ask them to prove they’re filling requests.