13458 posts Member
2rhr3o7.png
Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif?ssl=1
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Still LS heavy, RJT, CLS, Rex already makes up more than half the rank 1/1-10 players
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    leef wrote: »
    2rhr3o7.png
    Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif?ssl=1

What you posted is obviously fact. Yet, what DS players have been promised is something as exciting as the Nihilus + 2 generic Sith units.
    It is true, they are awesome reworks, but it is not just about meta dominance. It‘s also about getting new, something shiny!
    Kozispoon told the fanbase „challenge accepted“ when they were asking about something at least as exciting as Nihilus, yet „reworks“ or actually „updating“ old characters to the new standards (zetas) should be something happening along with something major.

Please note, I am merely trying to reflect what many players might think.
    Personally, I‘m happy with the reworks BUT als expected 1-2 generic Sith plus 1 major Sith to match Nihilus‘ release. Yet, depending on the execution of the Sith-Raid and the major character we will get (I‘m still positive we will receive Darth Sion) they might exceed my expectations!
    (But I don‘t think we can call it Month of the Sith anymore...release-wise that is)
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    That only reflects what people use at the time of payout. So basically nothing, just the squad needed to drop the people who were at 1st before.
    There is no “one” meta , you need 3/4 squads to compete. EP to beat Luke, NS/Rex to beat JTR, IT to beat NS, Luke and JTR for less surgical purposes.
    I think its healthy, and at least in my shard you see people using multiple teams while climbing. I know i do. You will have a hard time avoiding squads if you are a one trick pony.

Btw, Bb8 firing ID after a couple turns, whats the deal with that?
  • BB8 question for feedback?
  • BB8 question for feedback?

Nah, dont really care, just switch to rex lead and watch Rey die :)
    Just curious, no way they burn trough all the cooldown so fast, thought people here had an answer
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @leef
    Moved to arena Strategy

Interesting pie graph! I AM entertained!
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    That only reflects what people use at the time of payout. So basically nothing, just the squad needed to drop the people who were at 1st before.
    There is no “one” meta , you need 3/4 squads to compete. EP to beat Luke, NS/Rex to beat JTR, IT to beat NS, Luke and JTR for less surgical purposes.
    I think its healthy, and at least in my shard you see people using multiple teams while climbing. I know i do. You will have a hard time avoiding squads if you are a one trick pony.

lmao, what?
  • I believe he means that the way the graph is made is that the database records what squad was being used at the time of payout - effectively the last squad you used - and it only reflects part of the climb. Not sure if the 3/4 squad part is true, but you definitely use more than 5 toons in a single day of PvP right?
  • I would think that usually your last fight before your payout would be the last fight of the day. And that's when you usually put your best defense squad one trick pony or not.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Not sure if the 3/4 squad part is true, but you definitely use more than 5 toons in a single day of PvP right?

No i don't.
  • That only reflects what people use at the time of payout. So basically nothing, just the squad needed to drop the people who were at 1st before.

Arena isn't tw lol. You can use the same squad as many times as you like.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I would think that usually your last fight before your payout would be the last fight of the day. And that's when you usually put your best defense squad one trick pony or not.

what if you are trying to snipe that #1 payout?
  • leef wrote: »
    Not sure if the 3/4 squad part is true, but you definitely use more than 5 toons in a single day of PvP right?

No i don't.

Well my roster aint as beef as leef :smiley:
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I would think that usually your last fight before your payout would be the last fight of the day. And that's when you usually put your best defense squad one trick pony or not.

If you can't even win on offense with that squad, what makes you think the AI can even use it to defend for you?
  • Empire or die.
    I was running Thrawn before EP. Vader before Thrawn.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

If you can't even win on offense with that squad, what makes you think the AI can even use it to defend for you?

We are playing on diferent levels of the game. My shard is still dominated by phoenix squads that can hold their own for 5 minutes and get a draw (level 73)
  • I've been a DS user for a long time and played NS or NS + EP prior to the rework (though now I'm running RJT) and a big reason is I hate mirror matches ... my LB has long been a strong predictor of where .gg ends up going on the leads and for a week or so now maybe we've been HEAVY with EP. Right now 8/10 of my top 10 are EP leads. 14/20 of top 20 are EP leads...when the numbers on a lead like that start heading north of 70% that's getting toward peak CLS-usage territory and 3x cleanse or Maul at his brief peak. So I'm happy to see them get their shine, but I can't bring myself to join that level of mirror-match issues in arena.
  • Arena is kind of cycle. Soon we'll see the good old triple cleanse team reappear.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I see in the graphs many Ventress leads, I thought she was good just as part of the team with Talzin lead. What is a good Arena team with Ventress lead?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    I see many Ventress, I thought she was good just as part of the team with Talzin lead. What is a good Arena team with Ventress lead?

Basically same team just swap her and MT. TMR vs chance of plague.
  • That only reflects what people use at the time of payout. So basically nothing, just the squad needed to drop the people who were at 1st before.

I find this to be incredibly wrong. My EP team can kill CLS teams rex teams NS teams JTR teams IT teams all incredibly easily. In fact the ONLY team that gives me any trouble is other EP teams with faster mods.. so no I dont change up my arena team daily and never have with any other composition either actually. Except for the one odd 5th member that could be swapped rarely.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Would change a lot if they actually started properly balancing champions. The leaders are not important anymore. If you look at whats broken for what price as far as gear or skill requirements to be viable, i think easily the most broken character that needs to get nerfed probably harder than anything is the ns zombie.

lmao, what?
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Interesting that no one is running Death Trooper in their empire team. Why not a EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, ShoreT and DeathT? Deathmark is amazing.

EDIT: Then I realized that not only does Nihilus also increase cooldowns like DT does, but he has the 1 hit kill advantage over DT. Deathmark is close though. But I see why Nihilus is in that spot instead of DT. I don't have Nihilus so I'm running DT instead w/ Shore.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Would change a lot if they actually started properly balancing champions. The leaders are not important anymore. If you look at whats broken for what price as far as gear or skill requirements to be viable, i think easily the most broken character that needs to get nerfed probably harder than anything is the ns zombie.

Can I interest you in some troopers?
    Seriously tho, kinda of a new player question, Zombie is not top tier at all. Good yes, kinda unique, needeed for NS to be viable. Thrawn makes him useless, any kind of buff immunity makes it useless, troopers love it when he dies, just get a Asajj of your own and she loves him too. Just keep playing and dont be afraid to ask old players for advice (like I did)
  • Well...Sion and SiT update - DS looks to be getting even stronger. Tanks have always defined arena meta teams and they're getting 2 pretty good ones now.
  • zEP is the only squad that easily handles every other composition right now. They are the new Meta. With these new characters coming the entire shard will be forced to run zEP leads... or suffer
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    zEP is the only squad that easily handles every other composition right now. They are the new Meta. With these new characters coming the entire shard will be forced to run zEP leads... or suffer

This is on point. Since the Palp and Vader rework, they are the most consistent team in arena imo.

Also the most fun.
  • I am thoroughly enjoying the current meta. With zEP/Vader/Thrawn in front, I can win with a variety of toons in the last 2 spots. I've run, or seen people running Nihilus, Tarkin, Shoretrooper, IPD, Sith Trooper, Starck, Zidious, and Dooku just to name a few. And it appears that we have more options on the way including a possible DS equal to GK.

Also CLS teams, and JTR teams are still perfectly viable. Nightsisters are hurting, but hanging around. And I'm actually seeing more Thrawn leads, and Rex leads since zEP has been on the rise. The devs deserve lots of credit for giving us a variety of options to run. I love the diversity. Anyone who wants to complain about the current meta doesn't remember when 100% of the top 50 in arena was Dooku lead, RG, GS, QGJ, Rey.