CLS Use the Force resistible?

Like the title says. Can the buff immunity from Use the Force be resisted with high enough tenacity?

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Since Zombie and Acolyte have done it to mine, I'm gong to say the answer is yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My thought is Technically no since tenacity down is applied at the same time tenacity doesnt come into play but there is still the base resist chance of 15%
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Still resistible, just not via tenacity. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Still resistible, just not via tenacity. ;)

Could you explain a little further?
  • Gheyst1214
    205 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    My thought is Technically no since tenacity down is applied at the same time tenacity doesnt come into play but there is still the base resist chance of 15%

But couldn’t you technically resist the tenacity down as well? With high enough tenacity? I’m not trying to be a pain I just really want to know exactly how this scenario works.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    My thought is Technically no since tenacity down is applied at the same time tenacity doesnt come into play but there is still the base resist chance of 15%

But couldn’t you technically resist the tenacity down as well? With high enough tenacity? I’m not trying to be a pain I just really want to know exactly how this scenario works.

Tenacity Down is unresistable.
  • Yes it's resistable. It's a pain when GK resists it.
  • Buff immunity is definitely resistable.
    I believe that tenacity down and the buff immunity are being applied at the same time, so buff immunity has a normal tenacity check.
    Even with tenacity down applied first, other debuffs still have a 15% chance to be resisted.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    Yes it's resistable. It's a pain when GK resists it.

The attack itself can be dodged. And depending on the character's kit, there may be a % chance to proc (TFP's basic only inflicts TD when he crits... Jawa Scaverger's Scrap Bomb has 50% chance to inflict TD, etc.). But assuming it passes both of those checks, Tenacity Down is unresistable.

EDIT: Wait... were you talking about Buff Immunity or Tenacity Down?
  • Definitely resistable. My Sith Trooper has, on many occasions, resisted Buff Immunity but suffered Tenactiy Down.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Definitely resistable. My Sith Trooper has, on many occasions, resisted Buff Immunity but suffered Tenactiy Down.

Sith Trooper is the exact reason I was asking this question. I was going to mod him for tenacity and try to get it in the high 90’s.
  • @Gheyst1214
    You could do that, but then the cls team would just fracture him instead. And use cls special on someone else.
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    @Gheyst1214
    You could do that, but then the cls team would just fracture him instead. And use cls special on someone else.

In my shard not many run both CLS and Thrawn.
  • @Gheyst1214
    They will....that is the cls titams meta...cls, han, thrawn, r2, gk.

But actually, even if you get sith trooper tenacity to 80%, cls has passive of +40% potency. So if i use a potency cross plus my g12 +10% potency, my 75% potency will negate your chance to resist...other than the 15% minimum.

Of course, many cls teams may not realize this, but i would build my team on the basis of high end competition.

Currently, i use cls, and if teams like double tank build high tenacity, me and many will switch to potency cross on cls.