Legends characters a priority?

I don't care what teams are "good" or become the next "meta" but are we focusing on legends characters over all the other possible canon options? Lame.

Yes, of course the game isn't canon and they can add whoever they want. I'm sure there are other characters that would be better money makers (if the kits were equal).

There are so many movie characters we could still get. Sion? Visas Marr? Lame...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Feedback >> Characters
  • Options
    Because you are in the minority of wanting movie characters for one...the characters in legends are much much more interesting than any of the new garbage. Rose Holdo hux and kylo ren are laughable.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It could be OT characters if you prefer. Even background movie characters should hold more importance than eu/video game characters on a distant timeline.
    I think we both understand the reason for it though...
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Because you are in the minority of wanting movie characters for one...the characters in legends are much much more interesting than any of the new garbage. Rose Holdo hux and kylo ren are laughable.

This guys pretty spot on. Plus a lot people at CG are big KOTOR fans
  • Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    It could be OT characters if you prefer. Even background movie characters should hold more importance than eu/video game characters on a distant timeline.

How do background movie characters hold more importance? Perhaps you don't understand the power and importance of the characters that are being released, of the importance they held in their timeline? It's not like characters from the movies are really even modern anyways, as this all occurred A LONG TIME AGO.

These are characters who were insanely powerful and great warriors and Force users, they redefined the galaxy as it is. Less planets exist because of them, the Jedi Order was destroyed entirely (all but one person who wasn't even a true Jedi at the time). Visas Marr helped rebuild the Jedi Order to what it is now. Traya had groundbreaking views on existentialist philosophy and almost brought about the death of the Force itself.

They are important. Perhaps not to you, but I personally feel like people who do not see their importance or do not understand how people could want them simply do not understand the characters themselves or the story that they were a part of.
  • Options
    Its Star Wars. The movies are always the 1st canon...even before Disney.
  • Options

Just cause movies are first canon does not mean nothing else is important, especially in a NON-CANON game, which you have recognized this game as being such. Canon doesn't much matter, only the cool stuff, that which makes money, and things they're forced to push (Holdo and Rose for example, despite them being trash both in game and in movie)
  • Options

Just cause movies are first canon does not mean nothing else is important.
    Correct, I would never speak in absolutes like that...

• Options

How do background movie characters hold more importance? Perhaps you don't understand the power and importance of the characters that are being released, of the importance they held in their timeline? It's not like characters from the movies are really even modern anyways, as this all occurred A LONG TIME AGO.

These are characters who were insanely powerful and great warriors and Force users, they redefined the galaxy as it is. Less planets exist because of them, the Jedi Order was destroyed entirely (all but one person who wasn't even a true Jedi at the time. Visas Marr helped rebuild the Jedi Order to what it is now. Traya had groundbreaking views on existentialist philosophy and almost brought about the death of the Force itself.

They are important. Perhaps not to you, but I personally feel like people who do not see their importance or do not understand how people could want them simply do not understand the characters themselves or the story that they were a part of.

the story seems really interesting, and i hope we get a trilogy one day of this stuff to canonize it, but until then, is the story from mainly the mmo, the single player rpg series, or books? i would like to put it on my reading / gaming list. @DarthNekros
  • Options

These are characters who were insanely powerful and great warriors and Force users, they redefined the galaxy as it is. Less planets exist because of them, the Jedi Order was destroyed entirely (all but one person who wasn't even a true Jedi at the time. Visas Marr helped rebuild the Jedi Order to what it is now. Traya had groundbreaking views on existentialist philosophy and almost brought about the death of the Force itself.

the story seems really interesting, and i hope we get a trilogy one day of this stuff to canonize it, but until then, is the story from mainly the mmo, the single player rpg series, or books? i would like to put it on my reading / gaming list. @DarthNekros

Single player RPG series is with the Sith Triumvirate. KotOR II, most specifically.

Although they do not actively show Meetra Surik, Visas Marr and gang rebuilding the Jedi Order, that's more specified in the book SW:TOR - Revan.
  • Options
    Have you seen sions kit? I’m hyped. HYPED
  • Options
    DarthDuck wrote: »
    Have you seen sions kit? I’m hyped. HYPED

Yesssssss I'm excited asf for him, it's gonna be awesome, seriously. I cannot wait to combine the Sith Triumvirate finally, with Visas and Sass until Meetra Surik is release and replace Sass with her... it's gonna be amazing