Update requires wifi

Can someone please explain why the new update requires me to be connected to wifi? Other updates always let me download via mobile data as long as I confirmed I was aware of the large size. It's just annoying as I won't be at a wifi connection for quite some time.

Replies

• That's usually a phone setting are you close to the end of your data?
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry bud, I agree with cowboy.
  • This update was massive... Game update was for over 150MB. Most updates don't go past 20. Maybe your phone just isn't capable of doing the update in that size?
  • if you go to your swgoh app settings you can disable wifi. This will allow you to update over mobile data.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It doesn't, I did it without Wi-Fi. They recommend Wi-Fi due to the size and not wanting people to hit an overage on data.
  • Nocturnal_Glow
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I must have disabled it in swgoh settings but I couldn't reach that anymore since the update started. My phone is a pixel and I haven't changed any settings since the last update I downloaded over mobile data though. I usually do it over the phone because I can spare the data and I am out quite a bit.

Edit: I am nowhere close to the end of my data.
  • I can't connect to game.. :(
  • I can't play now with mobile data
  • There needs to be an option to continue on mobile data or wait for WiFi. The current configuration forces you to wait for WiFi and makes the game completely inoperable until then. I won't be connected to WiFi until after both my arenas are done and now I can't do anything in the game until then.