Hoth Rescue Bundle Misleading?

I'm a relatively new player of SWGOH and have been advised to post this here by EA customer support.
I purchased the Hoth Rescue Bundle, for £10, thinking I need more scoundrels and a Rebel Han would be nice. However, as I haven't yet memorised all of the shard costs of every single character I've now found that It only gives 40 of the 80 shards necessary to unlock Captain Han Solo - leaving me having spent £10 on effectively half a character that is unusable in it's current form - why put a bundle together for half a character?
EA support have informed me that the only way anything will be changed is by people here agreeing that this practice is incorrect.

Replies

• Disagree. 40 shards isnt even enough for a 3 star opening char.. You saw what you were going to buy. If its not what you wanted, its on you.
  • No it's not wrong. The bundle don't promise u will get/unlock captain han. The bundle promise u will get 40 shard of captain han.
  • I think it could be made clearer that it won't unlock the character. That said, the fact that it takes more shards than is available in the pack isn't exactly hidden information.

Like all packs, this falls under the category of caveat emptor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    No it's not wrong. The bundle don't promise u will get/unlock captain han. The bundle promise u will get 40 shard of captain han.

This.

It clearly states what you are buying.
  • I had to look at this bundle a couple of times and was wondering if it would unlock Han and provide 40 shards or if it was just 40 shards to start with? I googled this and came up with his response so Thank you Grimmeth for bringing this up! It's kind of a shame as I can see where Grimmeth is coming from as you are expecting to get a character for the money put down. On the other hand I agree it doesn't state that you get a character but seeing that most of the bundles that are offered do open a character it can lead some gamers to expect an opened Han. The catch also is it is a 1 time limit? If they made it a 2 time limit allowing you to buy the character as a whole as they have recently advertised Old Ben, Luke, and others for the same amount of money spent on a 2 time Limit for Han, then it wouldn't leave gamers like Grimmeth with a sense of frustration and being bedazzled. I feel that it isn't exactly a fair deal leaving you to farm the other 40 shards to get the character. The explanation seems like it should be brought forth in a clearer communication or reworked.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    No it's not wrong. The bundle don't promise u will get/unlock captain han. The bundle promise u will get 40 shard of captain han.

Granted, I did not purchase the bundle, but I can see where the OP is coming from. Sure it states that you get 40 shards of Captain Han Solo, but it also states, and I quote (emphasis is mine),
    This bundle also includes credits, XP training bots, ability materials and gear to immediately power up Captain Han Solo.
    Includes materials sufficient to power up Captain Han Solo to:
    Character Level: 40
    Gear tier: 5
    Ability level: 3

This implies that by purchasing this pack you will have effectively purchased a Level 40 Captain Han Solo with Tier 5 gear and Ability Level 3, which you don't.
  • So let me get this, EA customer support, said join the forums, make a post, and tell everyone that it's misleading? EA who just happens to be a part of this game, wants you to let everyone know they ripped you off? I just wanted to double Check I read that correctly that a soon to be unemployed EA customer support worker told you to post here.
  • I agree that these packs are misleading, especially for newer players who don't immediately notice that 40 shards won't unlock the toon. I nearly bought one myself once but noticed in time.

The costs of packs in this game do seem phenomenally high to me when compared with buying a console/PC game, but I guess the world has changed since I started playing games and the market allows them to charge that much
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm sorry, but there is a listing of what exactly you get before you buy it..... that's not misleading at all.

There are no odds, no random drops, (the usual "stuff" that may be confusing), just a list of exactly what you get.... I feel that's pretty clear.

Not understanding game mechanics is not the same as a product being misleading. We should all strive to be informed consumers.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but there is a listing of what exactly you get before you buy it..... that's not misleading at all.

There are no odds, no random drops, (the usual "stuff" that may be confusing), just a list of exactly what you get.... I feel that's pretty clear.

Not understanding game mechanics is not the same as a product being misleading. We should all strive to be informed consumers.
    This. 100%. What you receive in this pack is clearly stated. It's not misleading. Your roster inventory also makes it clear what is needed to unlock certain characters (0/80, 0/145, etc.).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »

Uh huh. And what excuses and mental gymnastics do you use to explain this away:

This bundle also includes credits, XP training bots, ability materials and gear to immediately power up Captain Han Solo.

How do you power him up if he's not even unlocked? Keep making excuses.

Almost fell for this crap. Glad I didn't.
  • yea I did the same and then bought crystal pack for 9,99e and thought it will be enough, but I got 5 shards so I bought another and I got 7 :) so 30e later I still dont have Han...