On the origins of names

Replies

• You can't find anyone that speaks common but as you wonder around everyone seems to be thanking you using gestures. Then a large bell chimes. Everyone starts to stand and head in the direction of the sound. A small girl comes over grabs your hand and tries to lead you there.
  • I go towards the sound, following the little girl.
  • The girl leads you to a large building. Very ordinary except for the size and the fact that there is a large bell on top. The double doors are completely open and the town's people are making there way inside.
  • ChewieShards10___
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    edit: sorry for interrupting your game, guys. Not like other people like D&D, too. :| Carry on.
    Post edited by ChewieShards10___ on
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    The girl leads you to a large building. Very ordinary except for the size and the fact that there is a large bell on top. The double doors are completely open and the town's people are making there way inside.

I arrive to the town, I buy an attack dog(fluffy) and a sword for protection. I quickly join the others by riding a pig(pork chop)I also bought
    Once you get to town it appears as if they're setting up for a festival. Ribbons being hung, a pig roasting on the fire. It even looks like they are setting up an archery shoot and games for children.

Looks like pork chop isn't making it threw this adventure.
  • I volunteer to enter the building to investigate, suggesting others in the party stand guard by the doors and strategic positions. I put on my Mithril Knuckles of Attitude Adjustment in case these guys are racist towards elves in my party (+15 against jerks).
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I run to the top, to the ledge from which the bell hangs, and look if anything is coming towards the town.
  • I quickly mourn porkchop and fluffy and I stand guard by the entrance, myself being equipped with a sword and shield
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    As the town's people walk by whiskers they stair at him with anger.

Nothing is headed towards town seems very calm. From your vantige point you can see a port at the South side of the city. Also you notice there isn't anyone on the streets at all. Only a few guards in observation posts are in the village. Also you notice that all the village homes look identical as if made by the same person/builder.

When you enter the building you realize it's a dinner hall there are tables lined up in rows and a line formed by a serving area.
  • The town's people look at wiskers in anger.

From your vantige point you notice nothing is approaching town. But you do notice a port on the south side of town. No one is on the streets only a few guards are in the city at there observation posts. Also you notice all the House's look identical as if made by the same person/builder.

Inside you realize it's a dinner hall. Tables line the room on one end there is a line formed around a serving station.

From your vantige point you notice nothing is approaching town. But you do notice a port on the south side of town. No one is on the streets only a few guards are in the city at there observation posts. Also you notice all the House's look identical as if made by the same person/builder.

Inside you realize it's a dinner hall. Tables line the room on one end there is a line formed around a serving station.

• I examine the serving station to see what is being served.
  • Nothing unusual. A cut of meat and a vegetable. You don't know what kind of vegetable it is must be grown locally. One thing you do notice is the effort being used to equalize each person's portion. Even the kids get the same amount.
    Nothing unusual. A cut of meat and a vegetable. You don't know what kind of vegetable it is must be grown locally. One thing you do notice is the effort being used to equalize each person's portion. Even the kids get the same amount.

I join goodgil on the top of the building
  • Hmm, I explore the South side of town.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I walk on the the port, trying to find people who speak either Common or Elvish
  • I explore the north, looking for a quest/ bounty
  • On your way to the south side of town the bell rings again looking back you can see the town's people leaving the dinning hall. Spaceman and goodgil meet each other by the docks. There are a few ships at the dock. All have a simple it looks like a fireball with a king riding a horse towards it sword in hand. Also it looks like goods were being loaded before everyone went to eat. It looks like dock hands and a few solders in armor are heading back to the dock from the dinning hall.

While heading to the north side of town you hear the bell ring again. The north is where the town's people houses are. They are small and identical to each other.
  • Simple=symbol
    On your way to the south side of town the bell rings again looking back you can see the town's people leaving the dinning hall. Spaceman and goodgil meet each other by the docks. There are a few ships at the dock. All have a simple it looks like a fireball with a king riding a horse towards it sword in hand. Also it looks like goods were being loaded before everyone went to eat. It looks like dock hands and a few solders in armor are heading back to the dock from the dinning hall.

While heading to the north side of town you hear the bell ring again. The north is where the town's people houses are. They are small and identical to each other.

I hid in a well in case the civilians are hostile, and I sent fluffy to give a note to the others telling them where I am
  • I try talking to the soldiers and dock workers, pointing to the symbol and gesturing 'What?'.
  • As soon as the solders see you the ask you what Happened to you. We looked everywhere. Then ships leaving soon. If you need any armor or weapons got see the armorer in town. We will wait for you. Is this a new recruit? The general will be happy to have an elf in are ranks, it's about time they start to get over the war. If there are any others joining us round them up quickly. A dog wonders over to you with a note attached. (upon reading it. You now no where whiskers is at.
  • I ask to talk to the commanding officer before we go.
  • The solder you asked goes to a ship and comes back with another solder. Same type of armor but with gold accents. He walks up to you and asks how can I be of service.
  • I ask the soldier what they're doing here and what is the deal with this town?
  • He looks at the citizen then says. We are picking up the supplies for the war effort against the fire beast. Speaking of which it has moved to the east of here your Commander is going to need your help to vanquish it once again.

He looks concerned when you ask what's with this town. Then asks. Has the town been compromised, are they not following safety protocol? Do we need to send in the clean up crew?
  • As a bard, I roll to seduce everyone.

Yes, everyone.
  • ChewieShards10___ No worries, this thread is waaaay off the rails.

I explain we're newcomers, and were curious about the bell ringing. I ask about how we can help against the fire beast.