March: Stormtrooper Han

Prev134
So the March login toon is ST Han. Hoping it’s a scoundrel rework with some more DS toons...please don’t let it be rebels...please...
Ally Code: 357-613-281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/

Replies

• And BH toons
  • Most people have StH because of CLS...
  • To me it means CLS will be back soon, nothing more. Help some newer players get him given he and Leia both needed and from same shop..
  • Maybe some zetas for scoundrels like St han and lando??
  • Wow, this is incredibly dumb... why on earth would it be stormtrooper han???? He's been 7 stars for me for at least a year now... give us something useful for once.
  • ReyCharles wrote: »
    To me it means CLS will be back soon, nothing more. Help some newer players get him given he and Leia both needed and from same shop..

That's exactly what I was thinking that it means CLS is coming by late March or beginning of April and if my calculations are on point should mean Jedi training Rey is coming around the middle of month
  • That's disappointing
  • Cridiron wrote: »
    Wow, this is incredibly dumb... why on earth would it be stormtrooper han???? He's been 7 stars for me for at least a year now... give us something useful for once.

I believe if the login char is not a new one, there's chance some ppl just max starred it. So why don't accept it and get some shard.
  • You will need Stormtrooper Han to get a new Han from Han Solo movie. LOL
  • So the March login toon is ST Han. Hoping it’s a scoundrel rework with some more DS toons...please don’t let it be rebels...please...

Nute gunray rework and his ship? Please!
  • You will need Stormtrooper Han to get a new Han from Han Solo movie. LOL

Then we'll have our Hans full of smuggled goods!
  • Kodimus wrote: »
    You will need Stormtrooper Han to get a new Han from Han Solo movie. LOL

Then we'll have our Hans full of smuggled goods!

Five Hans Two Wookies. naughty
  • Kronen wrote: »
    Maybe some zetas for scoundrels like St han and lando??

St han already has a zeta. Lando zeta would be cool, if it brought him back to relevance.
  • Lame.
  • STHan as the login character feels like a troll.... The new Chewie shard.

Be awesome if login characters were based on player level groups... show me one level 85 that doesn't have STHan.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • I’m a mid-range player that would love to get R2 and BB8 up to 7* and the fact that this probably won’t happen in March after a few months of grinding is slowly eating away at my mobile gaming soul. Not even worried about JTR because I won’t get her until I’m 80 years old and like five other versions of Rey will already be out.
  • Han is log in? Rebels in coming.
    Rey and Palp meta had to end.
    Hit the gym.
  • ok, extra shard shop currency, im cool with that
  • LtGenStu wrote: »
    Most people have StH because of CLS...

I thought it was because you had like a million Hans to choose from. :o
  • Wah wah wah.

But hey mid range players go get that st han. Hes useful.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Cridiron wrote: »
    Wow, this is incredibly dumb... why on earth would it be stormtrooper han???? He's been 7 stars for me for at least a year now... give us something useful for once.

Uh, dude, we JUST had Sith Assassin as the log-in reward. I doubt many players that weren't whales had her at a full 7*s, even when she was released to be farmable from the Guild Store. There were far better choices to choose from that are exclusively obtainable from that location, such as Jyn Erso, Jawa Engineer, Dengar, Gamorrean Guard, Colonel Starck (not necessarily better choices, just a large selection of characters exclusive to that area). I might be missing a name or two. And sure, lots of people probably have some of those maxed out, like myself, but remember that the Guild Store changed to have better gear deals along with needing to get Starck up for DS TB. Sith Assassin wasn't exactly a priority until it was confirmed that the new Sith Raid will make smaller Sith characters relevant alongside the release of Sion and Traya.

ST Han likely indicates another round of CLS closer to the end of the month, continuing his record of a quarterly appearance since his release. I don't know if it says anything about the possibility of another round of Emp Palp, or towards the R2 Mythic portion, possibly leaning towards players that want R2 to be able to do the Mythic for the next BB-8 event. That's all speculation though,and would be very different if the monthly login reward was catered around Mythics as opposed to other released content.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Cridiron wrote: »

Uh, dude, we JUST had Sith Assassin as the log-in reward. I doubt many players that weren't whales had her at a full 7*s, even when she was released to be farmable from the Guild Store. There were far better choices to choose from that are exclusively obtainable from that location, such as Jyn Erso, Jawa Engineer, Dengar, Gamorrean Guard, Colonel Starck (not necessarily better choices, just a large selection of characters exclusive to that area). I might be missing a name or two. And sure, lots of people probably have some of those maxed out, like myself, but remember that the Guild Store changed to have better gear deals along with needing to get Starck up for DS TB. Sith Assassin wasn't exactly a priority until it was confirmed that the new Sith Raid will make smaller Sith characters relevant alongside the release of Sion and Traya.

ST Han likely indicates another round of CLS closer to the end of the month, continuing his record of a quarterly appearance since his release. I don't know if it says anything about the possibility of another round of Emp Palp, or towards the R2 Mythic portion, possibly leaning towards players that want R2 to be able to do the Mythic for the next BB-8 event. That's all speculation though,and would be very different if the monthly login reward was catered around Mythics as opposed to other released content.

I know, SA was a nice break from the trend. Prior to SA I think it was something like 7 of thed previous 8 log in characters were ones I already had at 7 stars.

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't put any money into this game, if that was true of me as f2p, how much more so all the p2p players!
  • Ok, that's a fair point. I think not too long ago though, we got a new experience with them releasing a character that had already once before been a monthly login reward: First Order Tie Pilot, but the twist was pairing it with his ship. Or when they paired Finn and Poe together in the same month. I think more creative ideas like that should be incorporated, maybe if they'd announced Han with something else to go with him, I think it could be a lot clearer about what's coming in the future and give the community a bit of diversity from what many players already have maxed out. Then again, maybe this month's reward is specifically catered to newer members, with all the high-end stuff that's being released like the new raid.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • It's okay to give st han as daily login toon. I have him *7 in long long time before. But to be fair, at least u guys can tell us what's the plan behind st han daily login char?

It just FREE giveaway, or needed as requirement char in new event, or what. Don't make people speculate then farming something wrong bcause misdirection.
  • Very disappointing but not surprising that they would put in an original toon almost 2.5 years later. But I think at this point most everything would be shard shop currency for the original players.
  • it is a good help to new players, like myself, who don't have full Han ST after 4 months of play. Just one time they help new players instead of old whales, it is not a shame ;)
  • Where's the GW Simming?!?! :s:s:s
  • Where's the GW Simming?!?! :s:s:s

Soon

• Malagrazia wrote: »
    it is a good help to new players, like myself, who don't have full Han ST after 4 months of play. Just one time they help new players instead of old whales, it is not a shame ;)

I’m not lvl 85 yet and i just finished STHan last week since i’m preparing for next CLS event. It will actually be basically the first shards shop currency for me^^ Well it was bound to happen at some point.
  • Cal00054 wrote: »
    Very disappointing but not surprising that they would put in an original toon almost 2.5 years later. But I think at this point most everything would be shard shop currency for the original players.

This was my original reaction - but then I took a moment, and stopped to remember that there are always new players joining this game. For them, a month of Stormtrooper Han is a pretty clutch step up towards a scoundrel team - which is pretty crucial before max level. And even then. Credits, baby.

Also - scoundrels and bounty hunters crossover tag-wise. Could we be on the verge of all faction upgrades yet???
This discussion has been closed.