QoL ... for spenders

Prev1
While I see the need for improved functionality and new late game content I think that CG should introduce a means to reward long term spenders. I spend considerable amounts of money and we all know that people like me help keeping the game alive and improving.

I suggest CG introduce a VIP system. For every Dollar/Euro/Pound/whatever a player gets VIP points and can climb up the ladder of VIP levels. On each VIP level the player gets additional crystals for every purchase with increasing amounts of additional crystal for higher level VIP players.

This would not hurt f2p players and reward spenders in a meaningful way. Throughout all the time I play and spend I did not even get a short message that said something like "Thanks for supporting the game". It is a shame and a lack of respect for paying customers if a company is not even able to say thanks.

Replies

• Spenders are rewarded with early access to OP characters like Darth Nihilus, Shoretrooper, Darth Sion and more or less Rey (Jedi Training). As well as higher arena ranks because of spending on mods characters and gear that already grants you more crystals.
  • You do realise youre not just giving them money, but makeing a deal there? Youre buying power to compensate your inferior strategic planning capability over other, smarter players.

Also, how much one spends on the game is not an information you would ever want to make public, which, these vip ladders would givr away an indication of.
  • This would hurt f2p. This system is changes the game from f2p to p2win. It looks the same in every game.
    What's more important - you already have this system in game. You buy crystals? You are stronger than others and you get more crystals at payout, you get better rewards at raids, you unlock toons faster etc and all of those things makes you stronger than f2p
  • i would buy it, ah wait i forgot my wallet like they forgot to implement the executrix pack this month, sorry cg :D
  • Peer wrote: »
    While I see the need for improved functionality and new late game content I think that CG should introduce a means to reward long term spenders. I spend considerable amounts of money and we all know that people like me help keeping the game alive and improving.

I suggest CG introduce a VIP system. For every Dollar/Euro/Pound/whatever a player gets VIP points and can climb up the ladder of VIP levels. On each VIP level the player gets additional crystals for every purchase with increasing amounts of additional crystal for higher level VIP players.

This would not hurt f2p players and reward spenders in a meaningful way. Throughout all the time I play and spend I did not even get a short message that said something like "Thanks for supporting the game". It is a shame and a lack of respect for paying customers if a company is not even able to say thanks.

Brilliant idea and totally agree ,ok a few things like ladder could do with a private tweak but all in all this is a boss idea
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Joost wrote: »
    Spenders are rewarded with early access to OP characters like Darth Nihilus, Shoretrooper, Darth Sion and more or less Rey (Jedi Training). As well as higher arena ranks because of spending on mods characters and gear that already grants you more crystals.

I am always amazed at how you forget that you could not even play this game without people who fund it. And I really try to understand why and how someone could claim to be and stay f2p and refuse to spend money on something one really likes and enjoys. But I dont understand this attitude.

Moreover there are different types of p2p as well. I spend most of the money to catch up with others including many f2p players. I started almost one year later and only got a slight advantage over long term f2p players in late 2017/early 2018 after I decided to spend money on Nightsisters.

And it is not true that spenders get early access to every new content. Marquee events are the most frequently used way of introducing new characters. These events are open for everyone and very easy to complete.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    VIP system = making you feel a bit better about spending rediculous amounts of money
    Being wined and dined when you're getting ...
    Sorry for being so negative, but this won't help p2p players. Pricess are still rediculous for what you get in return, getting slightly more via a VIP bonus isn't going to change that. I get that money isn't worth the same to everyone and i'm not saying you should stop spending if you enjoy spending on this game. However, objectively speaking it's insanely expensive for what you get in return. Making you feel better about pooring money into an addictive hobby is not something i support.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    VIP system = making you feel a bit better about spending rediculous amounts of money
    Sorry for being so negative, but this won't help p2p players. Pricess are still rediculous for what you get in return, getting slightly more via a VIP bonus isn't going to change that. I get that money isn't worth the same to everyone and i'm not saying you should stop spending if you enjoy spending on this game. However, objectively speaking it's insanely expensive for what you get in return. Making you feel better about pooring money into an addictive hobby is not something i support.

1.) I don´t want 1 additional crystal for every 50€ I spend. I play another game and there is a well designed VIP system in place that gives me ~30%-60% more crystals per purchase depending on kind of purchase.

2.) I completely agree that prices are not fair but from my perspective this is mainly due to a lack of willingness to pay among the players in general.

3.) Indeed very negative.

4.) It is a matter of principle for me. At least you could agree that the complete lack of appreciation for paying customers is insolent.
  • They don’t have to appreciate customers because as soon as you stop paying, there are two more people buying their first crystal packs.

• Never spent and never will.

You get good games like fortnite on PC which is completely f2p. No competitive advantage by spending on packs which just give you more skins. I'm more likely to spend $10 on that than invest the 50K i need to go from 3M GP to 3.5M GP
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Peer wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

1.) I don´t want 1 additional crystal for every 50€ I spend. I play another game and there is a well designed VIP system in place that gives me ~30%-60% more crystals per purchase depending on kind of purchase.

2.) I completely agree that prices are not fair but from my perspective this is mainly due to a lack of willingness to pay among the players in general.

3.) Indeed very negative.

4.) It is a matter of principle for me. At least you could agree that the complete lack of appreciation for paying customers is insolent.

I guess what i'm saying is that a "VIP system" isn't actually a form of appreciation for paying customers, but a mechanic to get paying customers to "waste" even more money on the game.
    I'm all for appreciating paying customers, just not in a way that triggers the addictive nature of spending on this type of game even more.
  • Never spent and never will.

You get good games like fortnite on PC which is completely f2p. No competitive advantage by spending on packs which just give you more skins. I'm more likely to spend $10 on that than invest the 50K i need to go from 3M GP to 3.5M GP

Shout of the day this I like it
  • As an alternative I could suggest to eliminate all gambling mechanics from the game but since this won´t ever happen I argue for a VIP system.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    As an alternative I could suggest to eliminate all gambling mechanics from the game but since this won´t ever happen I argue for a VIP system.

Anything that doesn't relatively reward more the more you spend is preferable imo.
  • Sure I guess. But The private VIP isn't going to work because some d bag will post the standings on Reddit.

Wow
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sure I guess. But The private VIP isn't going to work because some d bag will post the standings on Reddit.

I do not care. In Europe people give a kitten about this.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As an alternative I could suggest to eliminate all gambling mechanics from the game but since this won´t ever happen I argue for a VIP system.

Anything that doesn't relatively reward more the more you spend is preferable imo.

Yeah that sounds about right. P2p earn enough advantage. Maybe some longevity of purchase would be appreciated but with the cadence we seem to have a good timeline to bank on.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yeah that sounds about right. P2p earn enough advantage. Maybe some longevity of purchase would be appreciated but with the cadence we seem to have a good timeline to bank on.

I do not think one can judge that well if one does not spend money. Things look very different from f2p perspective.
  • They did send inbox gifts to spenders at some point in the past iirc. I can't find any info on the why or when it was done though. There were three tiers of rewards & you qualified for them if you spent a certain amount of crystals (or cash?). It isn't exactly what the op is asking for, but it would be nice if that came back around.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I do not think one can judge that well if one does not spend money. Things look very different from f2p perspective.

While a subtle note, but you will notice a we in there.

I have a fairly broad perspective on the game and don't judge from any side ,because as things are changed and introduced in to the game things need to remain fluid.

If someone feels they are not getting enough value from spending, it's probably more beneficial to examine what you spend, than to ask for more. That's just me.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member

I have a fairly broad perspective on the game and don't judge from any side ,because as things are changed and introduced in to the game things need to remain fluid.

If someone feels they are not getting enough value from spending, it's probably more beneficial to examine what you spend, than to ask for more. That's just me.

It works in other games and one has to consider this fact. And generally I would not expect a moderator to judge anything. Your line " P2p earn enough advantage." is definitely not "moderating the thread". It is personal opinion and for giving opinions you should use a private account.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member

It works in other games and one has to consider the fact. Generally I would not expect a moderator to judge anything. Your line "P2p earn enough advantage." is personal opinion and not "moderating the thread".
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    You do realise youre not just giving them money, but makeing a deal there? Youre buying power to compensate your inferior strategic planning capability over other, smarter players.

I've spent $40 on this game. Just pointing out I'm not a whale (or dolphin) before I say this...

Whales spend to remove the waiting time for accessing resources (including toons). Maybe some are not as smart and have inferior strategic planning capabilities, but that's a ridiculously broad brush to paint with.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

It works in other games and one has to consider the fact. Generally I would not expect a moderator to judge anything. Your line "P2p earn enough advantage." is personal opinion and not "moderating the thread".

Mods aren’t allowed to also have their own opinions?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    They are allowed at every forum I'm on for sure. Including one where I mod. If they wouldn't let me have opinions I'd quit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The entitlement culture is alive and well, I see.

I hope that you do realize that you get more crystals per purchase depending on kind of purchase.
    I can only provide prices in HUF, but notice the difference:
    Pouch of Crystals: HUF 3.1/crystal
    Vault of Crystals: HUF 2.3/crystal

So you get about 25% more crystals if you buy more. Ok, it's not exactly in the 30-60% range, but almost.
    Unless you spend those considerable amounts on pouches (that I don't think), you get more for your money.
    If you only buy chests, it's still 20% more than pouches.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Mods aren’t allowed to also have their own opinions?

They should use a private account. This not about the moderator as a person but about the moderator as an official representative of CG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Correct as a full time player and volunteer mod, I do have opinions about the game and am allowed to express them. It's a wonderful world.