Sith Triumvirate Raid: Phase (1,2,3) Abilities

2Next

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    0hH3NRY wrote: »
    I'm guessing something went terribly wrong earlier this month, causing everything to be delayed and reworked. I think we were supposed to get Sion weeks ago, continuing the month of the Sith, and the raid to debut with the QoL update today. Looks like Phase 4 of the raid had an issue, and they've went back to the drawing board. Bummer, but hopefully Darth Sion' marquee is soon!

Its supposed to be released today, they just are keeping phase 4 a secret

Not much of a secret if the raid is released today and they give us full tokens like they did with the other two. A secret kept for 4 hours is pretty lame.

Now a secret for 2 hours...
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    0hH3NRY wrote: »
    I'm guessing something went terribly wrong earlier this month, causing everything to be delayed and reworked. I think we were supposed to get Sion weeks ago, continuing the month of the Sith, and the raid to debut with the QoL update today. Looks like Phase 4 of the raid had an issue, and they've went back to the drawing board. Bummer, but hopefully Darth Sion' marquee is soon!

Its supposed to be released today, they just are keeping phase 4 a secret

Not much of a secret if the raid is released today and they give us full tokens like they did with the other two. A secret kept for 4 hours is pretty lame.

Now a secret for 2 hours...

It’s not coming today...

• ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Twi wrote: »

It’s not coming today...

giphy.gif

• Raids out...now to see who clears it first lol
  • Hiro_Natta wrote: »
    Raids out...now to see who clears it first lol

come back in a couple of months lol
  • Any chance we have numbers for how much total damage each phase is on different tiers? My guild is hitting Tier 5 and it would be nice just to know the full health of each phase.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Valiant418 wrote: »
    Any chance we have numbers for how much total damage each phase is on different tiers? My guild is hitting Tier 5 and it would be nice just to know the full health of each phase.

Not yet. CG never gives us this, we always have to crowdsource it. Give it a month or so before we have the data.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The Phase 3 has a bug! The stand alone will kill any character in endless "stagger" and tmr , until enraged activates and all toons are killed. the stagger should be a chance not 100%, otherwise stand alone becomes a killer.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed Phase 2! Nice not having something one shot your toons every other turn like in previous raids or Phase 1. Roll on Phase3!
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    R4D4 wrote: »
    The Phase 3 has a bug! The stand alone will kill any character in endless "stagger" and tmr , until enraged activates and all toons are killed. the stagger should be a chance not 100%, otherwise stand alone becomes a killer.

That's clearly a feature, not a bug. Please be patient for the release of new characters that are immune to Stagger.
  • The protection mechanic is just... why? It's a massive road block that needs tweaked and toned down. Most teams are completely useless because of it. It's not forcing us to think about different team comps, it's literally narrowing the list of usable characters down to a handful.
  • Misogi1981 wrote: »
    The protection mechanic is just... why? It's a massive road block that needs tweaked and toned down. Most teams are completely useless because of it. It's not forcing us to think about different team comps, it's literally narrowing the list of usable characters down to a handful.

+1 if DN only had 100k health it would make sense. But when you literally have to chew through several million hp it doesn't add any fun or interesting strategy.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Misogi1981 wrote: »
    The protection mechanic is just... why? It's a massive road block that needs tweaked and toned down. Most teams are completely useless because of it. It's not forcing us to think about different team comps, it's literally narrowing the list of usable characters down to a handful.

After mulling it over for a couple of weeks, it seems that the issue is that there are simply too many mechanics in the Sith raid, and some of them are just unavoidable. If it's supposed to be a puzzle, then it's like someone ran off with some of the pieces. That's not a challenge, it's just annoying. Some of the mechanics work quite well, rewarding the clever player (P2 especially), while others are impossible to avoid. For example:
    • Stacking tenacity on damage. Basically no way around this. They could have made it more interesting by such things as "whenever ___ takes physical damage, he gains 30 speed & 50% tenacity (stacking)". Then you can use heroes that deal special damage to work around that. Or, keep the bosses immune to Tenacity Down, but if Tenacity Down would have been applied, remove all stacking speed and tenacity, giving some use to heroes like TFP or Dengar. Instead we just have to wait for the next turn.
    It also feels like the design team brainstormed a lot of different ideas to make the Sith Raid so it can't be soloed (good!) but decided to keep them all (um, not so good). For example:
    1. Nihilus' Annihilate is completely fine just destroying one hero and preventing them from reviving. But they decided to also have him absorb 30% of that units defense, speed, and offense - which quite frankly seems excessive and unnecessary.
    2. Summoning minions: if any are still alive when he does this, it adds to Nihilus's protection.
    3. He also starts the battle with "full" protection (whatever that might be)
    4. Buffed heroes add 3% to his protection on his turn.
    5. Basics inflict defense down on the hero, which in turn feed Annihilate via Drain Force and increase cooldowns on specials so that you're forced to use a basic again.
    6. Heroes with defense down donate 25% of their protection to him when they hit him with a basic.
    7. He bypasses protection entirely with all attacks.
    8. He strips buffs on his basic, but not before using that buff to add to his protection.
    9. The "impervious" buff is randomly assigned.
    If they had only used some of these, I think we'd have reasonable mechanics for P1. But taken all together, they make the experience of playing pretty frustrating. There's just too many things to juggle in your head (no to mention monitoring the Drain Force and Annihilate cooldowns). It seems strange that this phase punishes you for having high protection and buffs, especially since Tenacity Up seems like a natural counter to the Basic attack mechanic, and we don't have mod management yet to easily swap protection mods.
    In short, I think the devs could have achieved their goal of "Challenging and unsoloable" with fewer mechanics.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    145hp guild with 35 JTR(various stages) not even close on Heroic at this point....

Wait for it...... 7* mods and lvl 90 coming in June to help the mid tier guild complete it and th top guild just have her unlocked. (My prediction)
  • This raid is pretty hard for my level. I am a low level 80 along with 1/3 to 1/2 of my guild. We started the raid the day it came out on six stars (Probably not the best idea) and to this day we are still on the first encounter. All of us have ran out of tries. And this is compare to doing Rancor in about one to two hours and Tank in a day or two. This is also why I believe that you should be able to end a raid
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Your officers can end it at any time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks For The Tip
  • Sometimes too hard for new players/players with less shards and very tricky in thinking of tactics.
  • I can't say how much I hate this new sith raid. it's just total ****. we're a 100gp guild and it takes several days to do tier V. every time sith raid is launched its feels like the fun in the game just goes away. **** it
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    How about you give Nihilus some CONSISTENCY with his "drain force" cooldowns for annihilate? This is regardless of whether the whole team gets a cooldown, or no one does (as if that ever happens. lol), his annihilate cooldown just goes RNG every. single. time. So, one time it does one less cooldown, the next time it does 3, the next time 4, the next time 2. What the heck is that? Seriously? Either it does one for each team member, or it only reduces cooldown 1 turn each time he does drain force.

You think he is going to have it ready, pop a shield, and he doesn't get all the cooldowns. So, wasted shield and you're screwed if you don't have more than one. Then he uses it and you lose a character because you don't have a shield ready. Fix that please, it is very annoying.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    You might need to read the raid details again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sorry guys, do u know on what (stat?) depends the position of the first shield at the beginning of phase one? Thx!
  • Sorry guys, do u know on what (stat?) depends the position of the first shield at the beginning of phase one? Thx!

Already answered in your stand alone question. It’s RNG
  • I was a placeholder until I was unaware that I was kicked out of the guild after earning over 20,000,000. EA tried to give me a measly 300 crystals. Not enough to make up for all of the time and effort I played the raid. Totally unfair. Ideas?!? Game developers?!? I feel I should be entitled to at least half of the Darth Traya shards for the character. I was in 3rd place closing in on 2nd. I think that’s why they got rid of me. Thoughts?!?
  • The worst part of Sith raid, none of our abilities work on them. Vader's leader zeta kind of works but then they just take a turn anyway. My whole guild hates the Sith raid and with good reason. Its BORING!