Revealed: Darth Traya & Sith Triumvirate Raid Abilities

Replies

• Shots wrote: »
    So, the raid bonuses for Yoda. Is that for grand master Yoda or hermit?

I can see how you were confused since the Details tab only says "Grandmaster Yoda".
    Reading is hard.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Going to be straight. This raid sucks, and is not fun.

Maybe, I will enjoy it more as I get used to it, but right now, way too punishing for just attacking them, and way too complicated with all the confusing abilities, and strategies we need to figure out with those unique buffs we can use during the phases. I also don't like how they resist almost everything even when attacked by characters with very high potency. Phase 4 is awful.

Not fun at all.

Oh - but at least they pay off the "not fun" aspect by giving you garbage rewards for the effort. So there's that. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    Going to be straight. This raid sucks, and is not fun.

Maybe, I will enjoy it more as I get used to it, but right now, way too punishing for just attacking them, and way too complicated with all the confusing abilities, and strategies we need to figure out with those unique buffs we can use during the phases. I also don't like how they resist almost everything even when attacked by characters with very high potency. Phase 4 is awful.

Not fun at all.

Oh - but at least they pay off the "not fun" aspect by giving you garbage rewards for the effort. So there's that. :D

Agreed. What a piece of total trash that this raid it. It's not even enjoyable. At lease the other 2 raids were challenging, but fun as my teams grew in strength. This one is just a total waste.
  • 2ryt5qw.jpg

Two questions, i know this raid is almost impossible, but Heroic only gives u 5 attemps or unlimited, and when it says ''7 stars of higher'' means that we're getting 8*? lol

This is an anomaly... 5 attempts for this Heroic vs the usual unlimited for heroic... does this mean that there is a character Reset?!? and if there is, is it only once (i.e. if reset is at midnight, and raid starts at noon, does it reset twice?) or more than once? Hopefully a clarification from CG can help here... this would really help those JTR starved guilds.

@CG_SaIera @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • Darth_Guts
    50 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Either the developers are convinced every player is rich or they must think we're really freaking smart
    All the tiers of difficulty are virtually the same with the minor difference of minions like marauder and the assassin being weaker in the lower tiers. Oh wait no I forgot something else that's different, less rewards for all your headaches and troubles.
    Half the people in my guild can't even go more than 3 turns against this raid. I'm also particularly insulted by the price tag on the sith raid bundle in the store; 70 bucks for three characters, that's disgustingly overpriced. I'm really curious to know where they get the delusions that a bundle with a few sith characters is worth even more than the price of a brand new console game. Anyone know when rivals is coming out?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This raid is just missing the mark. That's all. Yeah hope the community figure it out. No tm remove, no debuff, nothing. TM gain doesn't work (except Han they already told he is getting nerf on it). Basically RJT expose is the only thing works and if you don't use healers there is a good chance you lose a toon on DN first turn in heroic
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Seigi
    26 posts Member
    Pros-

Awesome background

Great animations for the bosses

Great music for the raid

Cons-

Nihilus gains too much protection too fast, and gets to annihilate way, way, to fast. Not much fun watching him use drain force a few times, then nearly immediately 0KO one of my toons right afterwards

The near immunity to debuffs/TM removable is highly aggravating

Phase 4 is just nuts. Pure and simple. Just, dealing with all three at the same time is just... insane with how it is set up currently.

So far it just feels like this raid is designed purely for those that spend large amounts of money on this phone game, and have maxed out jedi training rey teams, and it's actually really disheartening. More so seeing videos about each phase, and guess what, people are (mostly) using JTR lead teams to do massive amounts of damage, that other teams just can't reach. Sure, other teams can do /decent/ damage, but that's it. Decent damage. Not the big numbers that JTR can get up to.

I do like this raid, but it really needs a LOT of tweaks. it's good to have something that can be a challenge, but this feels like punching a mountain to move it. Unlike the rancor and tank, there's just not much *fun* with this raid, to go along with a reasonable challenge.
  • The protection recovery of Nihilus is nuts. He gets protection from enemy with buffs and debuffs. That's too much. Either one or the other but not both please.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Brock
    33 posts Member
    It's really disheartening how a character like Darth Nihilus who doesn't have protection gets put into a raid. Then he gets protection, is nearly impossible to land debuffs on, then gets 100 % turn meter after drain force and annihilates your toon. Then other times he won't use annihilate right away and waits until your unbreakable will runs out. It's frustrating and definitely a challenge, but the worst part is when a toon like Stormtrooper Han comes out and does well in the raid we have to worry about him getting nerfed or having the raid code re-written. How about nerfing the raid to make it easier for everyone.
  • After run this raid at several levels (3, 4 and 6), some problems seems obvious
    • The protection of Nihilus : no tactical interest and make it sometimes very difficult to make some damages
    • The global amount of HP that make the raid too long for average guild
    • No escape possible : when the mob are enraged, we just have to wait to die...
    • The rewards that does not motivate to do it again
    Most of player in my guild find this raid boring, frustrating, useless, ...

In my opinion, by working on this 4 points, this raid could be very insteresting
  • This raid is not made for average guild.
  • And now they are going to nerf characters that are the only hope for defeating the Sith raid. Be weary of your time and resources because it may be for nothing
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Let's just be honest: the raid is poorly designed.

The reason why it is poorly designed is quite simple: progression of guilds is now so spread out, that it's impossible to provide one guild with a challenge that is still possible for lower tier guilds. These raids are obviously designed with top guilds and whales in mind, and attempts to provide challenge to them. This means that it is not tuned for anyone below that (which is most people).

The result:
    - Highly inflated health pools, leading to an inappropriate amount of damage dealt by all % effects
    - Bosses that have some complexity. Interesting perhaps for experienced raiders like me, but very frustrating for the average player.
    - Raid mechanics that are decidedly unfun (possibly bugged) like the apparently unpredictable nature of Nihilus' Annihilate.

Design wise I must also say that compared to the HAAT, which is designed extremely well, this raid seems like every phase is more or less the same. Not exactly the same, but in the HAAT, you need very distinct teams for every phase, at least originally, and those teams did not work very well in the other phases. This is not the case here, at least not nearly as much.
    By making the bosses basically immune to everything that is not unresistable, you restrict the use of almost all characters in the game. It doesn't matter what your characters can do, since the bosses can't be affected by anything. This makes things extremely boring, extremely quickly, and pigeonholes us into using very specific or very silly teams.

In short: I give this raid a 3/10 for raid design.
  • This is just the worst raid ever.

Protection recovery on a raid boss is the most **** thing I’ve ever seen.

Boo hiss.
  • My main problem is terrible rewards at the end of this raid. Effort and difficulty should equal a good reward but these are much worse than some of the other raids. My guild is about to finish T4 and spent 3 1/2 days.
  • I seem to be one of the few who doesn't hate the raid, however I have a rather large problem with the fact that Nihilus gains protection from a toon's basic attack once defense down is applied. That is complete horsecrap. It basically eliminates any toon that counters or attacks more than once (ie. Raid Han, Leia, Dooku.) You basically have to run a team with multiple cleansers and always have tenacity up applied just to do any damage. Combine that with the other 50 ways he can gain protection and you have a recipe for madness. My guild is running 73 mil GP and we can't even get past phase 1 on a tier 5 simply due to Nihilus. We can beat a tier 4 but it takes us the same amount of time to get past phase 1 as it does to complete the entire rest of the raid. If the devs are gonna nerf expose and STHan then Nihilus needs to also be taken down a notch.
  • Nihilus gains too much protection. It's that plain and simple. I hope for changes in the near future. Otherwise p1 will always be nothing more than one of the most annoying parts of this game.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Kidon013 wrote: »
    I seem to be one of the few who doesn't hate the raid, however I have a rather large problem with the fact that Nihilus gains protection from a toon's basic attack once defense down is applied. That is complete horsecrap. It basically eliminates any toon that counters or attacks more than once (ie. Raid Han, Leia, Dooku.) You basically have to run a team with multiple cleansers and always have tenacity up applied just to do any damage. Combine that with the other 50 ways he can gain protection and you have a recipe for madness. My guild is running 73 mil GP and we can't even get past phase 1 on a tier 5 simply due to Nihilus. We can beat a tier 4 but it takes us the same amount of time to get past phase 1 as it does to complete the entire rest of the raid. If the devs are gonna nerf expose and STHan then Nihilus needs to also be taken down a notch.

I disagree with this. Getting a debuff and punishnent for using basics does require good tactics. Most regular comps that counter and assist and multi shot will be useless, but tjats the whole point, theres a challenge and you need to figure it out. I was running toons with lots of special attack spamming options, like kylo ren or boba, but you also came up with 2 very viable tactics, to throw in heavy cleansers or group tenacity uppers. Thats exciting, instead of using the same lame groups that work with the other raids, on auto.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Indeed
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So I wonder does this now mean that in the coming months Meetra Surik will be coming to the game? She's was vital during the mandalorian wars and brought down the sith triumvirate. Would only make sense seeing as they are not going release revan into the game anytime soon.
    The changes with the hotfix that happens later today isn't really that bad but we'll have to see after the hotfix is applied. Remember to be able to pay the bills and add new content to the game it needs to make money. If creating content for whales and whale guilds first is the only way then why not. This is a good game and one of the few games out there that keeps evolving every few months. ;)
  • A lot of backlash about this raid.

First I'd like to say thank you for the new content - this raid looks awesome all around from the backgrounds to the animations and with the cut scenes in between. New mechanics to enhance the raid show that some thought has been put into it, I think it has a lot of potential to be great, but at the moment it just isn't fun.

I guess it's targeted at the elite 0.1% of the player-base, I'm in a 110 million GP guild and it's taking us roughly 4 days to clear a tier 6 raid. We have 18 Rey Jedi Training squads and everyone in the guild has been playing the game for an average of 2 years. We're not even bothering to attempt heroic at the moment as it's just a waste of tickets.

As so many people have mentioned the stacking tenacity makes almost every toon useless, so no one can do anything but throw their ineffectual rosters at boss after boss, getting utterly destroyed and doing virtually no damage. As an example, if I can't get any dots on a boss Vader's culling blade is like a basic attack, Zeta abilities that depend on debuffs are worthless. My arena modded empire team did less than 0.6% of phase 3.

After 4 days of using my 5 battles per day to chip away at this behemoth the reward was less than one tenth of several G12 items, Mk4 carbanti's that I have hundreds of, the yellow datapad challenge gear that I have thousands of and Mk6 syringes that are also challenge gear.

This doesn't promote innovative thinking, and in my opinion it won't compel many to spend money on upgrades when it will take literally ten's of thousand's of pounds/dollars to just get more cannon fodder to throw at it aimlessly. You're more likely to see people hitting the delete button and cutting off the majority of the new player-base, which is a real shame as this raid could be amazing.
  • In the movies you want to fight a Sith you get Kenobi, Yoda, Mace, Luke (the Jedi) do we see a pattern here.

Oh wait they suck vs Nihilus. Oh Wait ALL GROUPS but JTR suck vs Nihilus. I think Nihilus Game Play in the SIth Raid is totally broken. Go back to the drawing board and fix Nihilus. Give him new mechanics in this raid.. We all are not getting JTR, who never fought a Sith in her life!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Why is this post in general? Shouldn't it be in the sith raid subforum?
  • Nihilus is the biggest flaw in the raid, bar none. Cant use basic attacks because it gives him more protection and special attacks are almost useless too because debuffs never stick. How the heck are we supposed to damage this clown faced fool?
  • Kidon013 wrote: »
    How the heck are we supposed to damage this clown faced fool?
    With pity (the fool)
  • Remove Nihilus's Protection and the stackng TAN and you might have a good event.
  • This raid is d u m b. Nihilus is impossible to deal with. Crazy high Tenacity means no debuffs stick. So, you can’t use debuff heavy teams. His basic removes buffs and reduces his cool downs based on how many buffs he removed. So, you can’t use buff heavy teams. Basic attacks against him give you (near unresistable) Def Down which means your next attack adds protection to the one protectionless character in the game. So, you can’t use Counter/multi-attack teams.

You can’t use debuffs, buffs, or multiple attacks. So you create a special attack heavy team with cleansers. And just when you think you’ve done the math correctly and added Will in time for his Annihilate... he doesn’t use it. For No Reason At All.

My guild can barely beat T4 and we only even bother for the piddly rewards we might receive. Everyone hates this raid. Devs, you messed up.
  • What is the best way to score in this raid?
  • Might help to think of the Sith raid as a TW. My guild is doing tier 5 and it takes all of us (48) to clear it in 3 days. The part of putting g12 toons and watching them get slaughtered is not fun. The rewards are def not in balance with the time invested to do it and the nerfs. We are all trying to stay positive with this and hopes that CG will gradually tweak it to be a more "rewarding" experience.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Just looking to see if others feel the time it takes to complete the sith raid vs what rewards are given seem to be very lackluster almost silly.