Lag making arena (nearly) unplayable (since update) on LG G3. Any one else seeing increased lag?

Anrath
216 posts Member
edited March 2018
I will try to post a video but i just nearly lost an arena battle I would have never come close to losing 2 days ago before update! ... because time nearly ran out (8 secs left) even with auto used appropriate ... at 4x.

Any one else seeing crazy lag and stuttering in the arenas now?
Post edited by Anrath on

Replies

• Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Okay this isn't the best example of the lag I am finding in arena, but I wanted to post a run that I did some auto 4x battling... most other battles I just wanted to win ;)

Anyway, this video does have some of the lag I am finding in battles since the most recent UI updates. The lag is not a result of video capturing, as I see this degree of lag (and worse) after a reboot and no YouTube or AZ Recorder being launched... just the game.

SWGoH: Feb28 update - Arena Lag 1: https://youtu.be/TsA7WNIfHgc

Also, I have phase 1 pit video pre-Feb28. When I do pit again I can post the post-Feb28 pit battle and the pre one for better comparison on what has changed.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I am not going to update my cell phone for 2 more years, and although using an emulator & PC is a great idea I am not sure I will be able to keep up my performance with the game doing that. It really is a shame if they can't or won't better optimize the game's graphic performance for good, older, cell phones like G3 , iPhone 6, etc... they are not that old. Besides although the phone did get very warm before the Feb28 update, I didn't have any lag issues before the update, and it only got hot if i was charging my phone at same time as playing the game. U really hope they address this issue, as a lot of our Guild have players using older phones that are having issues now... afraid we are going to lose members.
    And the fix would be so simple...
    just give different graphics quality settings like most PC games do.
    Post edited by Anrath on
  • Czertik
    113 posts Member
    Yes, game even more lagy after ladt update than before, wait for 4 more updates after which lags make game unplayable.
  • There has been more lag since the update. Part of it is your phone. You probably need to upgrade to a newer model to reduce this unfortunately.
  • LG G3 user here - Use emulator on your PC. I only play on my phone when I'm not at home. Playing for 1h+ overheats the phone. When a phone starts to overheat it slows down the CPU so it can cool off and prevent damage. Slowing down the CPU - lag. The overheating issue is a known problem with the Krait 400 CPU which the LG G3 uses. If you want to play on a phone, I'd suggest upgrading to a newer model.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>

Please report to get the attention it deserves