February...the new August

Antares
686 posts Member
Just putting this out there...again something promised and not delivered!

Why, why on Earth is it so hard to just come here in advance and say something like: "Sorry guys, we promised you a release in February, but we have some remaining issues to deal with. You will get your raid a week from now."?!?!? If you guys had just stated this a few days ago, the community would have been much more understanding...

Now... as usual, please give me my warning and then delete this post.

Replies

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    there was never a date on that raid, dunno where you dreamed of that information but only promise was qol update in feb ....
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    @J0HND03
    Direct quote from dev announcements

The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    well, any long term player saw this comming a mile away. Truthfully, i'm just glad we did get the QoL.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Its probably because theyre not even sure if 1 week is enough to get it done. Apologising every week doesnt look that good either.

The devs owe you nothing. Be happy they put content in this game, even for f2p, and theyre kind to gice us ETA,even if sometimes thats not actualy going to implement it on that specific date.

You do deserve that warning, and hopefully a ban from the game too, with such salty attitude.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    You do deserve that warning, and hopefully a ban from the game too, with such salty attitude.

lmao.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Kalano wrote: »
    @J0HND03

Exactly, thank you! :smile:
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    Kalano wrote: »
    @J0HND03

ah, as software developer i wouldn't take that as a date and never did but i can definitly see your point and the claim of the op in that regard sure is valid, mybad :D
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member

Giving some advice towards proper communication should lead to a ban from the game in your opinion?
    Did I miss the sarcasm?
  • Advie towards proper communication?
    Thr proper communication was already out, stating that they could not get the sith raid out yesterday, but theyre working on it and it will be released very soon. Thats what a dev said.

Criticising this and demanding stuff is plain nonsense and yes, id like to avoid such arrogant, salty people just as much in real life as in the community of this game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Advie towards proper communication?
    Thr proper communication was already out, stating that they could not get the sith raid out yesterday, but theyre working on it and it will be released very soon. Thats what a dev said.

Criticising this and demanding stuff is plain nonsense and yes, id like to avoid such arrogant, salty people just as much in real life as in the community of this game.

If you want to avoid salty people it's probably best that you never visit this forum again.
    You're welcome.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    That information took place on March 1 for big part of the world. It’s not properly/timely communicated for an obviously foreseeable delay.

And try to read our posts before criticizing us. We demanded information only. Noone demanded stuff or the raid @Roopehun
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Advie towards proper communication?

Chill, dude! All I stated was that this was yet another promise not delivered. I don't mind waiting for another week, or two weeks. I don't care at all. I find it just weird that they obviously promised the raid for Feb 28th and they did not deliver. As much as I dislike the phrase "soon", it avoids such problems and a disappointed fanbase.

And the other point was that this frustration could have been avoided by just apologising in advance. However, they made a statement only after they missed the deadline (which I welcome very much, thanks!).

In any case, if my posts are being read as "salty", please don't take them as such, I just want to point out a few facts and not to offend anyone.
  • Delays happen. Be happy you got the QoL and cut the devs some slack.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys....can we just agree on the question raised in the title of the thread? Remember AAT? It's the same now....let's only hope that this raid won't be delayed as long as the AAT back then. :wink:
  • The coding for the raid did come out with the QoL updates to the game... It just wasnt turned on.. so the Devs were right "from a certain point of view" ....
  • Well to be honest:
    The raid was the only thing a lot of people were looking forward to.
    We dont even know what the rewards look like besides which charaktershards we will get on heroic.
    I am not excited about marquee events with charakters i can use in 3+months.
    The qol update was kinda mehh
    I dont like the sorting after favourites, i dont like the sorting after favourites in quad selection.
    I may sim gw maybe when its the guild activity because that day it takes a bit of time to do 2-3 gws.
    I think the shop change is nice but its just in the shops.
    If you are farming specific gear you still have to click on everything to check which node gives you the most out of your energy.
    I really HATE the bug that you hear grenade sounds even if you muted the game.
    Territory wars and sorting after charakter height made things worse for me and dont improve my experience playing this game.

so actually all i recognize in a positive way is gw simulation and deleting guild order messages.
    doesnt look too amazing right?
    I mean thats only my personal opinion, but there might be some people out there that think the same way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Guys....can we just agree on the question raised in the title of the thread? Remember AAT? It's the same now....let's only hope that this raid won't be delayed as long as the AAT back then. :wink:

agree on something, regardless of what it is? Are you crazy? heck no ! ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Wow, if you think that's going to get you a warning, you are off your game.

They missed an indirectly stated timeline, if that is the worst thing that comes from this update (besides some random bugs) I consider that a win. when if the raid comes this week, I would still consider that coming with the QoL update.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I get you Antares. It's more funny/sad than anything. CG hypes, announces things, "Challenge accepted" and then.....oooooops. And very little communication until after they've missed their own mark. I'm not angry or upset or anything - in fact it's expected now.

But apparently some people consider acknowledging it as some sort of slight, insult or complaint.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I acknowledge it. I also acknowledge it's been obvious it was going to happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH