Cost for Sion estimate -help needed

Haven't really spent a whole lot on game sometimes some refreshes and what not. I've seen a lot of previous gem rolling for shards and it's been disastrous but was considering dropping some coin on Sion as I've built all my squads around required teams for raid, battles, wars, etc and never been able to play the team I've wanted (lol) sith. Well they seem viable now so was gonna drop $$$ anyone care to guess on that amount on average from previous experience.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    300 bucks seems to be the consensus
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BloodearlGK
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I would like to know how many crystals you expect to be needed?
  • Options
    You’re looking at around 300 bucks to max him. Which is ridiculous for anyone to spend on a phone game unless you’re rich.
  • Options
    I would like to know how many crystals you expect to be needed?

While ridiculously biased, those packs are still treated as RNG. 300 bucks is an estimate of how much you will need on average. Some people will get him after opening 20 packs, some 30, some 50. Some lucky lucky man/woman will get 330 shards on 1st pull.
    So expect is 300 bucks aka 3 vaults.
  • Options
    Ugh geez I mean I get it, it's a game that progress carries over months or years and a typical game costs $60 and you play once and trade in so I get thay some money is not a bad thing or entertainment value but maybe like $40-$50 so it feels like and xpac not like buying a new piece of hardware.
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    Ugh geez I mean I get it, it's a game that progress carries over months or years and a typical game costs $60 and you play once and trade in so I get thay some money is not a bad thing or entertainment value but maybe like $40-$50 so it feels like and xpac not like buying a new piece of hardware.

Yea I honestly feel the same way. I would probably put more money into the game if it was cheaper to max characters. The ridiculous prices they charge make me want to not spend money. But there’s always those people like a whale in my guild that spends 600-700 bucks maxing trash characters like rose and Holdo instantly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As the adage goes, if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Right. Meanwhile I've dropped probably more over 8 months of playing on gem refreshes lol but not at once.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

95% of people on here can’t afford it...or are dumb with their money. The cost they want is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »

Yea I honestly feel the same way. I would probably put more money into the game if it was cheaper to max characters. The ridiculous prices they charge make me want to not spend money. But there’s always those people like a whale in my guild that spends 600-700 bucks maxing trash characters like rose and Holdo instantly.

I agree, I think if some of these packs and crystals were cheaper more people would be inclined to spend some money on this game, I probably would
  • Options

I agree, I think if some of these packs and crystals were cheaper more people would be inclined to spend some money on this game, I probably would

Doesn't matter the cost, whales will spend. Realistically, the game isn't designed to spend anymore. Marquee events comeback, you can save crystals from arena and fleet and the worst case scenario is 3-4 months before you can farm that toon for free in a shop or battle. Compared to in the beginning for toons like Sun Fac and Rex.
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    Options
    About the cost of an XBox One
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    About the cost of 5-10 complete console games. At full retail price
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You’re looking at around 300 bucks to max him. Which is ridiculous for anyone to spend on a phone game unless you’re rich.

Meh, never mind.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Way too much lmao. Don't do it.
  • Options
    Saw a few videos now all around $375 to 7* him ... I'll stick to no lol
  • Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »

Doesn't matter the cost, whales will spend. Realistically, the game isn't designed to spend anymore. Marquee events comeback, you can save crystals from arena and fleet and the worst case scenario is 3-4 months before you can farm that toon for free in a shop or battle. Compared to in the beginning for toons like Sun Fac and Rex.

Oh I know, I was just saying that if items were priced a bit more "fairly"?(Don't know if thats the right word to use) or there was more value to purchases like the random Crystal packs I would be slightly inclined to spend more
  • Options
    I agree on pricing structure, they'd make more offering better deals then relying on a few whales here and there.
  • Options
    I think that too, but obviously we're wrong. If offering better value was more profitable they'd do it today. They must believe they're making more by ripping off a few whales. You know they won't leave a single penny on the table, if they think they can make more profit by changing anything, they will.