Farming for the Future (A little advice)

I started playing again after about a year off, so I am a little behind the times. I have been farming phoenix for awhile, but I have all of them (except chop 5* and sabine 4*) at 7* and gear 9. I want to start farming squads for other events (bb8, r2, etc) and need a little advice on who to focus on.

For Empire, I have Palp at 5* g8, DV at 7* g9, RG at 7* g8, and the rest all need work. I have Magmatrooper and Tarkin at 6*, but only g5. Stormtrooper is 5* g6. the rest need a lot of work.

For First Order, I have Captain Phasma 7* g8, Kylo 7* g 8, and then I'm lost after that. I was planning to farm KRU after finishing phoenix, but past those three I have no Idea.

I'm not thinking to hard about CLS or JTR since I have to get R2 and BB8 to 7* first.

As stated previously, my phoenix is mostly 7* g9 except for chopper (i was farming sabine instead, but got frustrated with how long that is taking)

Essentially, who would you recommend to finish out Empire/First order teams? I was planning on having vader lead after 6*, but is someone else a better option? Also, all abilities are as strong as I can get them in time (hopefully all omeged, prob no zetas)

Thanks for any advice you all can give!

P.S. I do not mind starting a character from scratch if you believe it will be useful.

Replies

• For empire, once you finish Phoenix you will be able to get thrawn, who you should immediately gear. A lot of people like tarkin, so he would be a good farm. I would personally suggest veers, as you will eventually want a troopers team for TB.
  • Thrawn and palp 7* was why I was farming phoenix, and I plan on getting them. However I have noticed that not a lot of people run RG, so maybe I should farm up Veers and Tarkin?
  • TFP and shoretrooper are also popular choices, but harder farms
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    After Phoenix.. go Empire - Thrawn EP Tarkin TFP Vader --phoenix will help you get Thrawn and EP
    Why Empire?
    1. You get pilots in preparation for fleet - TFP Vader Tarkin --- Thrawn once you get Chimaera later
    2. Empire will also get you R2D2
    R2D2 will be used to unlock CLS
    GW credits shall be used to unlock biggs and purchase ships.
    Arena Credits - unlock STHan for credit heist...then farm Tarkin
    cantina - farm KRU..this is one of the best nodes I know..it comes with his ship for your fleet.
    cantina store - farm boba for your fleet..he is also a scoundrel for your credit heist.
    as of now you will have your core fleet and 3 scoundrels (STHan, Boba , Chewie).
    join a guild to get Raid han as your fourth scoundrel. If this takes too long you can unlock IG-88 in arena store or Lando in cantina nodes (do this after unlocking KRU and his ship)

You get a decent fleet upstart and scoundrels for credit heist which is very important.
    STHan and R2D2 will be needed to unlock CLS.
    Your phoenix will give you a good headstart in fleet if you get their ships.
  • well, I mean... https://swgoh.gg/u/lusyn/collection/
    I already have boba at 6* (stopped farming him to get chop) My biggest problem is when I first palyed back in 2016, i just kinda half assedly farmed everyone, now I am trying to focus in on a few, eg Pheonix.
    kru does sound like a good idea, though. I am in a guild, but only raid about once a week so I do not get a lot of shards.
    ps. it says phoenix is g8, but i just got them to g9 and hera to 7* so idk whats going on there.
    • Empire
      • Good: Palp, Vader, Tarkin, StormT, RG
      • Better: Palp, Vader, Tarkin, StormT, TFP
      • Best: Palp, Vader, Thrawn, ShoreT, DeathT
    • First Order: UKR, Kylo, FOO +
      • Good: FOST, Phasma
      • Better: FOTP, Phasma
      • Best: FOST, FOTP
      • Bestest: FOST, FOX
  • Alright, so Tarkin seems to be a definate for empire, until Thrawn comes back. ShoreT takes forever to farm, but I think I could get DeathT. KRU will prob be my next one because of the character and ship shards. FOO and FOST will be fun to farm.

Since ShoreT and DeathT will take awhile, is MagmaT worth getting up should the event come sooner rather than later?
  • Magma would be a total waste
  • For what it's worth, I'm running a 4* DeathT and 3* ShoreT (w/ 70k health and protection @ gear 10) and very successful in arena. My team is: EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, ShoreT, DeathT
  • Since ShoreT and DeathT will take awhile, is MagmaT worth getting up should the event come sooner rather than later?

Magma is not a total waste. He is pretty good on a Veers lead trooper squad. The problem with Magma is that he is lackluster until g11 and it is hard to gear up an underperforming character when you would rather be spending the gear on say, raid Han or something. He is pretty fast and works well on a zVader Pit raid team because of his TMR bomb. Will he help you get R2? Eh, can't say he will make much of a difference in that event.

With Palp Vader Tarkin you have lots of debuffers, what would be useful is a bit more DPS. TFP would be a great option that takes advantage of all those debuffs and boosts your damage output. Starck would also help you out by boosting DPS with ally buffs. Snow is also a great damage dealer that can repeatedly dish out AOE crits.

Understand why you want to put Magma in there ... he is a GW hero and easy to get. And frankly you probably will have to go that way if you must get R2 at the next opportunity. At the gear level you are likely to have for the event, Snow, Starck, TFP would fit better, but what choice do you have?

Maybe you can 7* Thrawn before R2 comes back, then you won't have to worry about it.
  • Cool, thanks for the advice everyone!