Limited time mods

Prev13
I have heard that there were apparently going to be higher quality mods in the mod store. Does that mean that there'll be 6 and 7 dot mods

Replies

• Hack
    53 posts Member
    No. A simple 15 crystal refresh will answer your question. They're higher quality 4-5 dot mods but now they can be purchased with credits and ship credits.

In my opinion this was a very very poor decision and a blow to the F2P health of this game.

Mods represent the one variable of strength in this game and they're being handed out right now.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    probably more 5 dot gold mods, but don't get fooled, read between the lines...
  • Ya, I think we see the writing on the wall...6 & 7 dot mods are coming
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Yeah probably exactly what it means. Let's hope you had credits saved up for this.
  • How long is this gonna run for?
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    How long is the "limited time"?
  • Long enough to empty your balance before L90 and more ships get released
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    I have heard that there were apparently going to be higher quality mods in the mod store. Does that mean that there'll be 6 and 7 dot mods

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are fun to ponder?

*starts to ponder...
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • I’ve been waiting for new ships to use 40m in ship credits on... just getting to spend it all on speed arrows.... priceless.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are fun to ponder?

*starts to ponder...

We're good! Stop pondering! Stop pondering!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »

*starts to ponder...

We're good! Stop pondering! Stop pondering!

he never stops we have been trying this whole week.
  • Anyone able to buy thes or confirm if they are coming
  • Anyone seen them or can CG confirm if they are coming?

Also my reading is that you buy them with in game credit?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I spent 90,000,000 out of 134,000,000 ship currency on mods today so yep, I can confirm.
    Now I just need around 10 credit heists and I’m set lol.
  • It's the mod shop not packs. You can now buy mods in the mod shop with ship credits. I doubt they will ever allow us to buy xtal shop packs with in game credits... but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
  • The mods are all 5 dots, just with higher chances of being C/B/A tier(blue/purple/orange) in mod store.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are "fun" to ponder?

*starts to ponder...

fyp, but yes. and a section for "nerf x" thread. and a "X will break the game" section. and a "Whales get more advantages just bc they spend a bunch of money" section. and a "why don't we know everything about everything already?" section (just call it "August"). and etc etc. same whines, different day.

it will make Kyno's job easier too bc 98% of threads can be moved there immed.

edit: and a "Anything about revan" section plz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are "fun" to ponder?

*starts to ponder...

fyp, but yes. and a section for "nerf x" thread. and a "X will break the game" section. and a "Whales get more advantages just bc they spend a bunch of money" section. and a "why don't we know everything about everything already?" section (just call it "August"). and etc etc. same whines, different day.

You forgot the "I asked for the new raid to be hard but now I dont like it" section
  • It's really good opportunity. I didn't even level up Sion for this and i will spend all my credits till it expires. Anyone knows how long exactly that limited time?
  • This is the first time I've seen this promo. It's kinda cool, even though I haven't bought one yet.

Is this, or can this, be a new tradition? MARCH MOD-NESS.

As far as I know we have 2 traditions:
    -May the 4th Promo
    -February = Sith Month

Good idea? Bad idea?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    The mods are all 5 dots, just with higher chances of being C/B/A tier(blue/purple/orange) in mod store.

They're not all 5 dots.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Do you think this means 6-7 dot mods are inc? So basically, this is actually a rip off, tricking people into buying useless stuff.
  • Lothario
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Not that I'm not grateful for this or anything ... but the credit shipment is still bloated with crystal purchases ...

And to get to it you click on the credits icon on shipments ... but wait what am I saying nobody cares about that
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    And then *6 - *7 mod introduce not long after.. the forum gonna burn hmm
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Do you think this means 6-7 dot mods are inc? So basically, this is actually a rip off, tricking people into buying useless stuff.

It’s actually not useless. Being able to get premium mods for credits and ship material is great. Not to mention refreshes stay at 15 crystals per.
    This is the type of thing EA/CG should do more often. It gives FTP, Dolphins, whales and krakens alike a chance to get amazing mods at reasonable in game currency. It’s a great deal for players and a good business decision by EA/CG. Now if only we could get our monthly crystal booster pack back.... @CG_RyDiggs
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    And then *6 - *7 mod introduce not long after.. the forum gonna burn hmm

Those that have played the game long enough are not dumping all available credits and ship credits into the current mod store. Take that for what it's worth.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This is the first time I've seen this promo. It's kinda cool, even though I haven't bought one yet.

Is this, or can this, be a new tradition? MARCH MOD-NESS.

As far as I know we have 2 traditions:
    -May the 4th Promo
    -February = Sith Month

Good idea? Bad idea?

March Modness, I love it lol
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

*starts to ponder...

You forgot the "I asked for the new raid to be hard but now I dont like it" section

Or the "I'm angry at the lack of changes and now I'm angry at the changes." section
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    SeanutB wrote: »
    How long is the "limited time"?

Soon