Sith Raid feedback

Replies

• Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    So i tried on phase 1 with a team that can solo p3 in Haat. I did less than 1 %. :) on Tier 5 of this new raid. Gear 12, gear 11 Very good mods. Hehehehe. Only laughing about that. :)
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    My guild isn't attempting it until after work.

Putting aside mass hysteria can we get some actual feedback from people attempting the raid?

Which toons seem to work and at what levels?
    Which combos?
    Any particular strategies?
    What is the gp of your guild and how much damage/percentage is your guild doing?

Any info appreciated
    Nihilus tenacity is way up, so TM reduction tactics don't or barely work on him(VaderL, Luke Jedi..cof,cof commander etcetera).
    Jedi are useless as always.
    Nihilus boss also bypass shield so they are useless.

A sith team with Nihilus as leader seems to work more or less against the raid boss.

• Ran Ackbar lead with Zolo, CLS, BB8 and Hermit, all close to or maxed out G12 and I did 1M total damage in T6 and got to enrage.
    Couldn't even see overall health move. This feels like T6 haat when it was first released.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Our guild started on Tier V, we figured that would be a nice intro level - not too high and not too low.
    We got nowhere. Even out heaviest hitters were barely scratching him.

We abandoned the Raid and started a Tier II.

It's going better but it's still slow going.

I strongly advise that EVERYONE - not just people reading this or Guild Officers but post in your Guild chat to make sure all your guild members do this too - should read Nihilus's Lord Of Hunger ability. That's what is causing problems for some players and making them get stressed in less than a few hours.

It wasn't just Lord Of Hunger that made us restart - he has an insane amount of health for one thing - but that is what is going to cause problems for players who haven't had the patience to read it. It changes things a lot and excludes several factions, and no doubt many established squads, from being viable.

Lord Of Hunger. Read it. Trust me.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Our guild is doing t6. One guy did 4 mil already in like 10 minutes. Just takes time to figure this stuff out.
    Hit the gym.
  • I did about 5 million with JTR Resistance on t6. Phase 1 still has like 94% health left.

So TM gain teams seem to do...okay. TM reduction teams are kind of trash since Nihilus appears to be immune to Tenacity Down.

Looking forward to figuring out how to crack this nut.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Our guild is doing t6. One guy did 4 mil already in like 10 minutes. Just takes time to figure this stuff out.

What GP is your guild though? And what team/teams did the guy use?
  • Wkj312
    60 posts Member
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    I did about 5 million with JTR Resistance on t6. Phase 1 still has like 94% health left.

So TM gain teams seem to do...okay. TM reduction teams are kind of trash since Nihilus appears to be immune to Tenacity Down.

Who exactly did you use? I got 2.7m with JTR (L), BB8, R2, CLS, and Thrawn. All g12 with arena mods. Oh, and I'm doing tier 5. Would love to hear better teams so that my guild can progress.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Also, challenge gear as a reward....really?
  • Ionia
    4 posts Member
    This raids not even remotely tuned for lvl 85. Way to much health, protections on top of that are just a further waste of time in a game that requires a lot already. Why make something that's so overtuned? Every release now is nearly broken at launch, DS TB was broken, but this is on its own level.
  • My guild started on T1 and we can't even do 5% damage. We're all level 70+ for a tier that is recommended for level 40. This doesn't seem to make sense to me.
  • Wkj312 wrote: »
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    I did about 5 million with JTR Resistance on t6. Phase 1 still has like 94% health left.

Who exactly did you use? I got 2.7m with JTR (L), BB8, R2, CLS, and Thrawn. All g12 with arena mods. Oh, and I'm doing tier 5. Would love to hear better teams so that my guild can progress.

zJTR(L), Scav, BB, R2 and Finn. It’s all about the TM gain from expose. Plus BB Roll zeta to get an extra attack off JTR’s ally assist ability. You need to be pretty tactical about R2’s Smoke Screen and the raid ability to survive Nihilus Annihilate as long as possible.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    My guild isn't attempting it until after work.

Putting aside mass hysteria can we get some actual feedback from people attempting the raid?

Which toons seem to work and at what levels?
    Which combos?
    Any particular strategies?
    What is the gp of your guild and how much damage/percentage is your guild doing?

Any info appreciated

Like a lot of other guilds, we thought going to tier V would be a good way to learn the mechanics... The consensus so far is: boring, frustrating, not-fun, and "read the abilities!" (cannot emphasize this enough!). Nihilus' protection seems to completely regenerate completely with each attempt--so you won't be able to use one team to break through the protection and only have to deal with what regenerates--Tenacity Up might be an idea to avoid Defense Down/increasing his Max Protection (and I wonder if that increased max Protection is only for you, or effects your entire guild).

A lot of our people are under 85 still, and haven't had the opportunity to work on raid teams--we haven't managed HAAT yet--so whatever strategies we've figured out probably won't apply to everyone. So far, all I've figured out is that you'll want some kind of healing for your team; to kill the Marauder first (reduces health by 10% of the damage of each of his attacks); and you're going to want some kind of ally-dispel. It takes a little trial and error to figure out the timing of Unbreakable Will (the blue buff you get isn't the actual buff, it just means that character can use it now). I lack a TMR team--and Nihilus is immune to Tenacity Down, FYI--so haven't been able to try that.

My Nix team (hardly a viable raid team to begin with, but alas) couldn't break through the protection, but survived long enough that I got eaten alive by enrage. My empire/sith dark side team (which I haven't optimized yet) broke through the protection, but died very quickly... they managed 75.9k. So far only a few people have tried, and no one's managed more than a million damage yet (though only one of our heavy hitters has even gone, and he's only got ~800k). The raid is still at 99.43%.
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    Cant believe i spent so much on this game, im actually paying these people to make stuff like this. Dont they beta test it. Pretty unsatisfactory....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    it's like they learned nothing from the HAAT initial rollout. mindblowingly awful experience. i'm at a loss for words.

Thank you for the actionable and thought out feedback.
    We'll work harder to meet your expectation in the next one!

Stay tuned!

RT

Whoa... this is radioactive with Sarcasm....

not really a cool thing for a dev to say, even if people are absolute jerks.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    I disagree. I think it was the perfect answer.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    I think the only issue I have with this raid is the description. Tier 5 is listed for 5 star characters lvl 80 with mk2 and mk3 MODs and omegas. We are sending 7 star zetas at this tier and struggling.
  • I hate how much this forum hates typo-fixing edits. Grr.

Like a lot of people my guild decided that tier V would be a good way to learn the mechanics... So far the consensus is "boring," "frustrating," "not-fun," and "for the love of God read the abilities!" Nihilus' protection seems to regenerate with each attempt--so you won't be able to use one team to break through it, then come back with another to pick up where you left off--and if you're clumsy about Lord of Hunger (no seriously, read it) you'll only increase his Max Protection (whether that's only for that encounter, for you, or for your guild I don't know yet). He's immune to Tenacity Down, so you'll probably want some potency on your TMR team (though it seems to work), and there's a little trial-and-error that comes with figuring out the timing for Unbreakable Will (the blue buff isn't Unbreakable Will, it only means you can use it), and you'll probably want to bring some kind of means of healing your team. Also, you'll probably want to murder the Marauder early--reduces Health by 10% of the damage of each of his attacks--regardless of which of the adds has the buff (Sith Assassin doesn't have a unique like that, which is weird).

We haven't really had any of our heavy hitters try just yet--most of our guild isn't level 85, and we've only had tree try so far; one managed 800k, the next 500k, and the last 300k--and we're only at 98%. Hopefully damage increases as we figure out the mechanics and how to not waste our best teams (I couldn't break through the protection with my Phoenix team--still my strongest, at the moment--but they survived to Enrage; 0 damage!).

So, Good Luck everyone.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    But the one thing I've noticed is there doesn't seem to be a time limit. So as the days refresh it may take you a week to finish. But you can just keep going.
  • Its a puzzle for sure. You are going to want to rethink your mods. Protection is all but useless so switch to health buffs. Healers are now a valuable addition to a team. Passive healing is great here. Watch nihilus cooldowns closely. Its hard to guage due to his getting two actions but with accurate timing you can use unbreakable will to survive annihilate. Maybe try a very SLOW character here. Nihilus steals buffs. Sun fac is an excellent counter to this ability
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    KLCS21 wrote: »
    But the one thing I've noticed is there doesn't seem to be a time limit. So as the days refresh it may take you a week to finish. But you can just keep going.

yes you can, but you'll eventually generate more tickets than you're able to spend, so lower tier is really the way to go.

• Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

But that doesn't mean the whole thing is broken.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?
    Try using something unusual or different.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Couldn't agree more. I love this raid. I think the challenge is excellent. And I'm sure we are going to get higher level characters and MODs. To make the heroic raid possible. But yeah. The "intended for" guidelines are way off.
  • Boofpoof
    331 posts Member
    I am waiting to see more heavy hitters in my guild hit it but going by the raid description we started with a Tier VI (Guild GP 65M - Many members with G12 Zetad toons). And we are just getting annhilated in P1 (pardon the pun). I am all for a challenge and this one appears to be hefty in that department but I get the sinking feeling we have bitten off more than we can chew here. It really reminds me of the normal tank raid what feels like eons ago when no one could dent the thing. I am not ready to jump on the soap box that it is impossible but after playing around and talking with other guild members it sure feels like it.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Its a puzzle for sure. You are going to want to rethink your mods. Protection is all but useless so switch to health buffs.

It's almost as if mod management would have nicely gone hand in hand with this raid.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    The raid isn't broken. It's far better to overshoot and then wind things back than it is to undershoot and be forced to increase difficulty after the fact.

they're watching the numbers closely and like HAAT this raid will get fine tuned and wound down to a more appropriate level over time.

It's just better practice to go too far initially than not go far enough.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)

I wasn't trying to "teach [you] how to use the mind and how to think outside the box". I was in fact suggesting that just because what you always do seems not to work, maybe you should just do something else instead of instantly declaring it to be broken.

If you're playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and you keep playing Rock do you immediately declare Paper is broken because playing Rock is the most fun and it's not entertaining to play Scissors?