Sith Raid feedback

Replies

• Wkj312
    60 posts Member
    KLCS21 wrote: »
    But the one thing I've noticed is there doesn't seem to be a time limit. So as the days refresh it may take you a week to finish. But you can just keep going.

There may not be a time limit, but that doesn't mean you should "just keep going." I would imagine it takes a lot of guilds 3-4 days to get the raid tickets to launch each raid. If you can't finish it in 4-5 days, you are wasting tickets. That means that for 85m gp teams like mine, we should be doing something around tier 3 (I think) in order to get rewards without wasting several raids worth of tickets.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

But that doesn't mean the whole thing is broken.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?
    Try using something unusual or different.

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)

I wasn't trying to "teach [you] how to use the mind and how to think outside the box". I was in fact suggesting that just because what you always do seems not to work, maybe you should just do something else instead of instantly declaring it to be broken.

If you're playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and you keep playing Rock do you immediately declare Paper is broken because playing Rock is the most fun and it's not entertaining to play Scissors?

I love conversations, but when You dont read what i wrote with understanding, but trying to to force your way of thinking, i am getting bored very fast. You didnt even get it that broken is not couse of the team setup, but timing. So wish You to keep focused and good luck
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)

I wasn't trying to "teach [you] how to use the mind and how to think outside the box". I was in fact suggesting that just because what you always do seems not to work, maybe you should just do something else instead of instantly declaring it to be broken.

If you're playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and you keep playing Rock do you immediately declare Paper is broken because playing Rock is the most fun and it's not entertaining to play Scissors?

I love conversations, but when You dont read what i wrote with understanding, but trying to to force your way of thinking, i am getting bored very fast. You didnt even get it that broken is not couse of the team setup, but timing. So wish You to keep focused and good luck

You accuse me of missing your point but I think you are missing mine.

If you try different squads and different tactics, maybe you would do more damage. Then if everyone in your Guild does that, it won't take months to defeat after all. Suddenly the time taken (which is what you seem to be most concerned about) will drop and your concern will lessen.

If you stick to the tactics you have tried so far, it will take ages. I understand that.
    But you don't seem to want to consider that maybe that means you should try a different tactic.
  • Were a 42m gp guild. Started a Tier4.
    1.Judging by new mechanics, the difficulty of tier 4 in no way correspond with the rewards it provides.
    2. Very interesting how as a raid Nihilus has protection and playable one does not.
    3. His "fearsome foe II" describes that he takes +1 action while not toppled. Does that mean that he can be?
    4. ALL in all a very challenging raid with interesting mechanics. With all due respect, some of the +speed/+tenacity/health values should be adjusted by tiers.
  • Stenun wrote: »

If you try different squads and different tactics, maybe you would do more damage. Then if everyone in your Guild does that, it won't take months to defeat after all. Suddenly the time taken (which is what you seem to be most concerned about) will drop and your concern will lessen.

If you stick to the tactics you have tried so far, it will take ages. I understand that.
    But you don't seem to want to consider that maybe that means you should try a different tactic.

Raid is 100% broken. T4 recommends g8. right? I ran 2 teams all g10, full zeta and barely did 4% damage....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Raid is 100% broken. T4 recommends g8. right? I ran 2 teams all g10, full zeta and barely did 4% damage....

As I have acknowledged twice before in this thread, yes the "Intended For" guidelines are definitely off and are not a reliable guide. :smile:

This does not equate to "broken".

As I have acknowledged twice before in this thread, yes the "Intended For" guidelines are definitely off and are not a reliable guide. :smile:

the guide and the gameplay in that particular Tier go hand in hand with each other.Meaning.....its broken.....How can you not see that?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

the guide and the gameplay in that particular Tier go hand in hand with each other.Meaning.....its broken.....How can you not see that?

Because you said the "[r]aid is 100% broken".
    No, it isn't.

The "Intended For" guidelines are way off, yes. You could even say the "Intended For" guidelines are broken, maybe. Personally, I think a more suitable term is "wrong".

But that is not the same as the entire Raid being broken. The Raid is still playable, it will be beaten eventually. Just not by what the "Intended For" guidelines say.

This does not equate to "broken".[/quote

So that means for the Heroic that G12 and over 7 stars
  • Sicnyc
    19 posts Member
    So as usual some forum posters don’t like the new content. What a surprise. It’s too hard. When is CG going to learn, they have to give everyone the rewards for free. How dare they require us to use our brains and come up with a strategy to beat something to get rewards. Also for goodness sake stop charging for things. I mean after all isn’t CG a non-profit charity? That’s sarcasm.
    CG_rydiggs: great job, I love it so far. Well worth the wait. Please give my regards to everyone you work with.
    Sicnyc
  • I'm happy to have a new challenging raid to do. What did you guys expect? Solo out of the gate?

give it time, people will work out new strategies and team comps. I've already seen 10 million point runs in t6 and it's the first day.
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    it's like they learned nothing from the HAAT initial rollout. mindblowingly awful experience. i'm at a loss for words.

Thank you for the actionable and thought out feedback.
    We'll work harder to meet your expectation in the next one!

Stay tuned!

RT

As if the raid itself wasn't enough trolling for one day from the devs. One of these days y'all are gonna bite too hard on the hands that feed you.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Lol im not saying its a mind blowing awful experience but I think its interesting that on tier 6 we have down over 2M dmg, and we cannot see the dmg we have done except for the tiniest sliver, so I'm thinking tier 6 has like a total of 200M+ health and its scary to think what Heroic will have.

Allow me to correct your English- not so much "worst" as "hardest". There's a difference :smile:
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Looking forward to figuring out how to crack this nut.

That's the spirit! And the point...
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    My guild is doing fairly well in tier 6. Yes it might take a week or two to complete the whole thing but I like the strategy that will be needed to do well in it. In our first go around we have already taken it down 10% with only about 60% guild participation. A lot of us play late at night after the first reset happens.

Biggest successes come from rjt lead teams. Troopers can put up about 700k. Dn lead teams can put up over 1mil. It will take some time to figure it all out, but we will.

Loving the challenge. Not at all like HAAT where our best teams were doing less than .5 damage
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Grue wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    it's like they learned nothing from the HAAT initial rollout. mindblowingly awful experience. i'm at a loss for words.

Thank you for the actionable and thought out feedback.
    We'll work harder to meet your expectation in the next one!

Stay tuned!

RT

One piece of legit feedback from someone who hasn't done it yet:

I think that you should get Traya shards for completing non-Heroic versions. Obviously, it should be less, but maybe like 2 for T1->4, 4 for T5, and 7 for T6. Let people not in top guilds make some progress, even if it's much slower.

@CG_Leviathan this is the feedback I feel should be considered.

People complaining about the raid being difficult doesn't help anything. We need difficult content that can't be burned through by top guilds in a single month. HOWEVER, we could use something like this to help smaller/weaker guilds still feel accomplished for finishing lower tiers, especially when this raid will take time to complete.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    My guild isn't attempting it until after work.

Putting aside mass hysteria can we get some actual feedback from people attempting the raid?

Which toons seem to work and at what levels?
    Which combos?
    Any particular strategies?
    What is the gp of your guild and how much damage/percentage is your guild doing?

Any info appreciated

My guild is doing t6. We gave about 64m GP. I recommend doing lower tiers to start, because this is a big rough.

Our top members are averaging 4 to 5 mil, best results coming from the following teams:

JTR lead with bb8, r2, and combo of CLS, thrawn, Finn, or RT. Trying to find a healer who works well, but most agree barris isnt get effective. We theorize Visas will be quite good.
    Team posts average 3m on t6

Nihilus lead, sith team with GK or some tank thrown in. One guild member said sith trooper works very well.
    Teams post average 2m though other guilds are seeing even better results.

Nightsisters with ventress lead and paper zombie. Zetas on Daka and Talzin a must, and dual zeta on ventress is most effective. Second tank is also reccomended.
    Teams averaging 1.5-2m
  • So wait, 3 new characters and you expected to be able to beast through it on day 1?
  • So wait, 3 new characters and you expected to be able to beast through it on day 1?

Some People don't want be happy with new content. I think hating on CG is a hobby. :confused:
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    So wait, 3 new characters and you expected to be able to beast through it on day 1?

No, but week 1 would be nice.
  • Wookye wrote: »
    So wait, 3 new characters and you expected to be able to beast through it on day 1?

No, but week 1 would be nice.

My guild is already 20 percent through p1. I've seen other guilds posting.upwards of 30 and low 40. 1 week is doable with those numbers. If you feel it's too slow, perhaps dropping to a lower tier. There is no shame in doing that. My guild is already planning to do t4 or t5 after finishing this t6.
  • DaGhost141
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I enjoy the challenge. The HAAT was very difficult the first time around as well(granted they did nerf the normal version). The first phase is very difficult so far. Most damage I have been able to do was around 5.5 million with RJT CLS BB8 R2D2 and Jawa Engineer.
    I think there will be a team that includes HY that can do significant damage in this phase because of his healing equalizer and healing on basic that doesn’t trigger the defense down mechanic from DN.
    Which raises a question I have for @CG_RyDiggs or any dev for that matter: shouldn’t a healer tag be placed on Hermit Yoda as well considering that’s arguably his main function?

For those saying you should add Heroic toon shards in lower tiers, I strongly disagree. Then it would severally lessen the accomplishment of clearing the heroic version.
    An alternative I would suggest is maybe offering shards of toons that would assist in the Heroic versions of raids such as Sion, Sith Marauder or other marque characters that may have come out with the raid?
  • Yvellkan
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    For those saying you should add Heroic toon shards in lower tiers, I strongly disagree. Then it would severally less
    An alternative I would suggest is maybe offering shards of toons that would assist in the Heroic versions of raids such as Sion, Sith Marauder or other marque characters that may have come out with the raid?
    Your whole post was great, but this bit is genius
  • tuskenchainsaws
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Did T6, 75% of guild logged 1 team a piece, finished P1. Halfway through P2 but middle of the night for everyone now. So far so good, only “complaint” is that so far JTR teams seem to be the best team for both phases thus far. I’m sure some different good compositions will be found quickly though.

My guild is in the 150GP realm. T6 is supposed to be hard, but really it isn’t unrealistic whatsoever. Only unrealistic for those with weaker rosters/guilds and unrealistic expectations but that’s sort of the point. Heroic “should” be easier in terms of health pools, usually is. But so far pretty fun other than we haven’t found any big damage teams other than JTR. I’m sure some other comps will be found soon though.
    Post edited by tuskenchainsaws on
  • So much in game time is funny on days I just want to do the minimum I can do in about 30 mins now with GW simming about 15 mins. What do you spend so much time doing. I can auto the other 2 raids stop complaining just to complain.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Love the title of the thread.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yeah the raid is hard.... but everyone is **** because why? because you can't do heroic right off the bat? Because you can not get Traya shards off the bat? What would be the point of that if we all could complete the raid in 1 hour?

It's a new challenge, you have to learn, build and find the right teams. Most of us will not see traya shards for half a year probably. Plus you get to rip up your family/guild you have been with so long just to be in a best-of-the-best guild and get the heroic sith raid done... come on, it will be fun, enjoy the ride!
  • 115M GP.

We started tier 5.

Phase 1 is clearly the 'JTR' phase.
  • JaggedJ Jedi Training Rey teams with R2, Rey, Resistance Trooper and BB8 are proving to be the best so far, showing up to more than 10MILLION damage. There are a few videos, but I don't think that anyone has JTR in my guild, so we are at like 99%.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

That creates a tantalising glimpse of the future of the game, doesn't it? :wink:

That creates a tantalising glimpse of the future of the game, doesn't it? :wink:

Yep